Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Buyerfish

After Get The Ipa Frm Bank & Agent Problem

Among 8, I walked in, no agent, except for the 1st viewing.

Seller agents refused to disclosed details over phone, except blk#, floor range. No choice, must go & see.

What I want to highlight here is I made amber planning ahead thus allowed me to make quick decision.

[/quote

bepgof,

my agent reply me tat as standard practise & company policy cannot give me any discount of commission.

Is this just a reason frm him and he very clever all push to company policy.

I don't care i also try to ask him again in yesterday night, but he act blur then no reply to me.

I will give him what he should take like if he base on the valuation then i will enough, but he base on valuation plus cov then x 1% then add 7% gst, try to ask him waive the GST for me in the end. if he keep act blur in discount to me.

How should i do now? just paid to him la forget the discount la is it?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Buyerfish, have your signed any exclusive letter with the said agent? Meaning she will represent u and with how much coms stated on the letter?

If no, u can always write in to the company and request discount with your supporting points.

Frankly what's your compliant about her, only attitude, best if u have something more concrete? Just to name a few .....

- misrepresentation/miss leading,

- did not go through proper procedure? etc, OTP should be signed with all parties present.

- Did she use vulgarities on you? Got sms as proof?

...... etc

BTW, the 1% com common practice is base on transaction price of the house, meaning val + cov. then + 7%.

If u really like the house and can forgive her attitude.... just forget it and move on.

If it is me, i will walk.

Buyerfish, have your signed any exclusive letter with the said agent? Meaning she will represent u and with how much coms stated on the letter?

If no, u can always write in to the company and request discount with your supporting points.

Frankly what's your compliant about her, only attitude, best if u have something more concrete? Just to name a few .....

- misrepresentation/miss leading,

- did not go through proper procedure? etc, OTP should be signed with all parties present.

- Did she use vulgarities on you? Got sms as proof?

...... etc

BTW, the 1% com common practice is base on transaction price of the house, meaning val + cov. then + 7%.

If u really like the house and can forgive her attitude.... just forget it and move on.

If it is me, i will walk.

chronograph,

I not sign any exclusive letter him, he jus email me the commision letter ask me to bring over when meet up for 1st appointment after i sign. But i said i don't wan to sign.

i will ask for discount is bcos he only 1st time bring me view house and in the first day and first house in his hand. so very easy and lucky to him.

What u mean "if it is me, i will walk" is walk to see others house or walk continue with this agent and move in to this house?

my agent reply me tat as standard practise & company policy cannot give me any discount of commission.

Is this just a reason frm him and he very clever all push to company policy.

I don't care i also try to ask him again in yesterday night, but he act blur then no reply to me.

I will give him what he should take like if he base on the valuation then i will enough, but he base on valuation plus cov then x 1% then add 7% gst, try to ask him waive the GST for me in the end. if he keep act blur in discount to me.

How should i do now? just paid to him la forget the discount la is it?

OTP signed liao?

Don't sign commission letter until he/she agrees with your term.

1% is always negotiable.

OTP signed liao?

Don't sign commission letter until he/she agrees with your term.

1% is always negotiable.

bepgof,

1) OTP i sign already.

2) Bank LO is waiting for me to sign.

The agent still not reply me accept or not accept my request as i sms him yesterday night.

haiz.. i think he is act blur now...

so how? bcos i think he will ask the banker arrange us to sign the bank LO.

then in this coming 6th December is my execceive day expired. means tis day i have to paid another 4thousand to the seller. if now i said don wan the house bcos of this agent commision then my 1thousand deposit will auto forfeit.

So How to do now?

please give some advice...

bepgof,

1) OTP i sign already.

2) Bank LO is waiting for me to sign.

The agent still not reply me accept or not accept my request as i sms him yesterday night.

haiz.. i think he is act blur now...

so how? bcos i think he will ask the banker arrange us to sign the bank LO.

then in this coming 6th December is my execceive day expired. means tis day i have to paid another 4thousand to the seller. if now i said don wan the house bcos of this agent commision then my 1thousand deposit will auto forfeit.

So How to do now?

please give some advice...

Commission agreement letter can sign even on the completion date. No hurry.

Using "dragging" tactics see who can endure till last lor.

Remember don't sign the letter if the % is not in yr favour.

Pay him only the amount you wish to pay on last day, take it or leave it.

Edited by bepgof

Commission agreement letter can sign even on the completion date. No hurry.

Using "dragging" tactics see who can endure till last lor.

Remember don't sign the letter if the % is not in yr favour.

Pay him only the amount you wish to pay on last day, take it or leave it.

Thanks for your power reminder to me.

i feel more safety now. but have feel question need to ask now. please help me again. thk u.

1) m i need to send a simple request discount offer letter directly email to his company HR deparment?

2) can i go on and contact my banker to sign the LO now?

3) from now this minute start i not going to contact my agent or to remind him as my execcive day expired on 6th december. If on this day or before he not arrange and not call me to give the balance of deposit in the 6th december?

Unless he call me. then i answer yes and meet at seller house to pass over the balance of 4thousand.

i feel more safety now. but have feel question need to ask now. please help me again. thk u.

1) m i need to send a simple request discount offer letter directly email to his company HR deparment?

3) from now this minute start i not going to contact my agent or to remind him as my execcive day expired on 6th december. If on this day or before he not arrange and not call me to give the balance of deposit in the 6th december?

Unless he call me. then i answer yes and meet at seller house to pass over the balance of 4thousand.

Now he have reply to me said that he will leave to his office to handle about my request.

So how ? i no need to write in to his office already lor since he said like that.

1. Best to send an expressed letter to state your ground for discount, so there will be not dispute later on.

2. Hold till OTP is signed.(buyer, seller + agent as witness). Yr agent may play trick.

3. Today already 2nd December 2010, yr agent may not happy and therefore not turn up (or make sure seller's agent is present to sign on OTP as witness)as witness. As courtesy, should call your agent to be present on OTP signing day. If you miss ( not exercise OTP before 6th Dec 2010)your $1K will be forfeited by the seller liao.

Edited by bepgof

Now he have reply to me said that he will leave to his office to handle about my request.

So how ? i no need to write in to his office already lor since he said like that.

Call him asap to be present on OTP signing date. If you have contacts of seller or seller's agent, can go ahead to arrangement appointment with seller's agent to sign the OTP.

Your $1K will be forfeited if you do not exercise OTP before 6/12/10, be reminded!

Can write letter later on, should sign OTP and pass the $4k to seller (in seller's name)asap first, then bank'sLO follow by letter to yr agent's agency.

Make sure seller's agent submit the resale application, get his/her contact and ask for 1st appointment date, later on.

Edited by bepgof

1. Best to send an expressed letter to state your ground for discount, so there will be not dispute later on.

2. Hold till OTP is signed.(buyer, seller + agent as witness). Yr agent may play trick.

3. Today already 2nd December 2010, yr agent may not happy and therefore not turn up (or make sure seller's agent is present to sign on OTP as witness)as witness. As courtesy, should call your agent to be present on OTP signing day. If you miss ( not exercise OTP before 6th Dec 2010)your $1K will be forfeited by the seller liao.

2. Hold till OTP sign ah? but last week when i pass the 1k to my agent, he said Bank LO must sign first then follow by OTP with the 4K deposit.

he said if Bank LO not sign, means i don't want the house. so my 1k will auto forfeit. is that true all this?

according to u, is i can sign the bank LO by after i sign the OTP with seller & pass the 4K to the seeller then the next day jus sign the Bank LO can la? is it like tis?

2. Hold till OTP sign ah? but last week when i pass the 1k to my agent, he said Bank LO must sign first then follow by OTP with the 4K deposit.

he said if Bank LO not sign, means i don't want the house. so my 1k will auto forfeit. is that true all this?

according to u, is i can sign the bank LO by after i sign the OTP with seller & pass the 4K to the seeller then the next day jus sign the Bank LO can la? is it like tis?

Letter of offer by bank is for HDB to see. This doc needs to be submitted ONLY during resale application. You can sign AFTER OTP is signed, no problem, why?.

If LO signed and OTP not approved or exercise too late which renders null, you need to pay bank "cancellation fee" which is amounted to 1.5% (if I recall correctly) of the loan amount.

Another practise by bank is: you can look for another house and bank re issue LO, but likely will charge you admin fee or sometime like that.

Make sure your OTP is exercised within stipulated time frame with "OTP exercise fee" being properly passed to seller. You are run short of time liao.

Edited by bepgof

chronograph,

I not sign any exclusive letter him, he jus email me the commision letter ask me to bring over when meet up for 1st appointment after i sign. But i said i don't wan to sign.

i will ask for discount is bcos he only 1st time bring me view house and in the first day and first house in his hand. so very easy and lucky to him.

What u mean "if it is me, i will walk" is walk to see others house or walk continue with this agent and move in to this house?

I will walk, meaning i will look else where, got some many agent and so many houses to choose from, why make your buying so sad?

BTW, you mentioned signed OTP, do you have a copy? U pay only 1k? what about the other 4k? no pay 4k, no execerise OTP. Consequences mentioned already by other members.

This is clearly a mis-leading information.

The agent trying to corner u, if u signed the LO, die die u must get the house from her otherwise pay penatly to cancel LO.

This kind of agent must shoot(complaint to office) if u want to deal.