Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tango81

Professional Engineer To Hack A Wall?

Hi people,

im contemplating hacking a wall down to make the room more spacious. is PE necessary. Seems a bit expensive to engage a PE just for a wall. i think it cost abt 1k?..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi people,

im contemplating hacking a wall down to make the room more spacious. is PE necessary. Seems a bit expensive to engage a PE just for a wall. i think it cost abt 1k?..

Yes. If living in a condo, the condo mgt will usually require you to provide a PEs endorsement. I believe for HDB you are requred to get their apprvoval before carrying out any reno. the PE fee should not cost you more than $200-300 dollars to certify that the wall is safe to be knocked down. If I recall correctly, I paid about 300 to the PE through my ID to certify my entire renovation which included knocking down 3 walls

Hi Everton,

thanks! Do you mind sharing your PE contact? =)

Im living in HDB. and it's them who wanted me to engage. hmm

Yes. If living in a condo, the condo mgt will usually require you to provide a PEs endorsement. I believe for HDB you are requred to get their apprvoval before carrying out any reno. the PE fee should not cost you more than $200-300 dollars to certify that the wall is safe to be knocked down. If I recall correctly, I paid about 300 to the PE through my ID to certify my entire renovation which included knocking down 3 walls

Hi Everton,

thanks! Do you mind sharing your PE contact? =)

Im living in HDB. and it's them who wanted me to engage. hmm

Hi. sorry my ID engaged the PE and billed me for it. Pls pm me if you would like my IDs contact.