Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chiang218

Removal Of Bathtub

I need to remove my damaged Bathtub but do not want to incur additional cost.

Can I remove the Bathtub without replacing the floor and wall tiles?

Anyone done it before and how much does it cost for such job?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I need to remove my damaged Bathtub but do not want to incur additional cost.

Can I remove the Bathtub without replacing the floor and wall tiles?

Anyone done it before and how much does it cost for such job?

Your waterproofing on the flooring may be damaged in the process of removal and this may result in leakage.

That is my main worry, but the contractor quoted $5k to remove bathtub, replace floor and wall tile. Do not want to spend so much money.

Does it involve re-doing your water piping too? Coz bathtub may have pipes below, so that will have to be re-done as well.

You will almost definitely have to replace the tiles below the bathtub coz those would not be usable. It'll have cement on it etc so probably have to hack those or overlay if your toilet floor allows for it.

For the wall, if you can get similar tiles, maybe no need to hack all the walls. Just replace those that are covered by the bathtub area.

hihi i've got a similar question i was wondering if i can remove my bath tub and build in a vanity top at the same area without incurring the whole lot of cost...any comments from the bros who have experienced similar prob?

@ CHIANG128

Hmmmm.. Removal of bathtub, HDB flat or private home?

If HDB, then Shut off the water supply to the tub shower, but first you got to make sure that there is an individual shut off tap to the tub, if not, you will have to shut the water mains and go to the DIY shop and tell them your situation, they will sell you a copper screw thing and use can use a 10 cent coin to cap it.

Next, unscrew the screw at the area where the water drains away in the tub.

After that you can start hacking the tub out.

Note that once the tub is out, there will be a short wall, you can start to hack it away.

Now you will be left with your wall and floor tiles damaged.

Try to employ a tiler to re tile the damaged wall and floor tiles, Cost about SGD 250.00 - SGD 300.00 for a day's work + cement, waterproofing and buying your tiles -- you can go to a tile shop and choose and buy on the spot, make sure you buy the same size for the wall and floor tiles.

It will not look very good, as you would not be able to find the same tiles back, and if you did, the colour will be different (old and new)

Suggest that you leave the bath tub and just shower in it.

@ SNG28

The wall to your bathtub is very low, you will need to build it up, it would be good to make a base, so that when you put in the 2 -4 doors, you won't have problems with the water. Best to hack down the wall and rebuilt.