Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ymjp100

Aaab's Hjem

It's true that the prints seem to be hung a little too high... but how did you get them hung so neatly? That takes quite a bit of skill!

Hmm, you think so too? Maybe I should take a photo of the same area but with a person seated on the sofa. Hahaha! :D

I am so glad somebody noticed that the frames were leveled. It took about 30-45 minutes to measure and mark out the spots to attached the 3M adhesive hooks. Had to take account of the required spacing in between each frame. The spacings are not 100% symmetrical but looks from viewing distance.

Then we realised that old HDB ceilings are not perfectly straight. So I had to fine-tune by adjusting the eyelets that held the wire-cables at the back of the frames.

Not much skill. But plenty of patience and a keen eye should suffice.

Alternatively, we were thinking of substituting museum/art gallery track systems (too expensive!) with a conventional curtain track with fishing line (cheaper!). But grew less ambitions when we remembered that the prints weigh about 2kgs each.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I was told that the ceilings will never be straight as they have to follow the slope of the floor above. And the slope is for the water to drain properly.

Well done hanging the prints. Maybe I should call you to help me hang stuff next time :)

Out of interest I googled the museum track system...Looks like something that can be DIY-ed. But wouldn't there be wires hanging all over.

I was told that the ceilings will never be straight as they have to follow the slope of the floor above. And the slope is for the water to drain properly.

Well done hanging the prints. Maybe I should call you to help me hang stuff next time :)

Out of interest I googled the museum track system...Looks like something that can be DIY-ed. But wouldn't there be wires hanging all over.

You are right. We thought it was very do-able, to DIY a track system. Instead of wires, you can use fishing lines. A 10-pounder should more than suffice.

However, there were two considerations: first, the knotting must be very good to ensure the knots don't slip. Second, because the frames will not be resting against the

wall, wind may cause the frames to either knock against each other or against the wall.

In the end, 3M ain't so bad. And it's temporal. If we ever get sick of it, we can remove the prints and hooks without leaving marks.

We never thought it looked like kaya....haha! My family has a schnauzer-mix which tried, twice, to pee on the carpet. Probably she thought it was a grass patch. Not the colour but the texture since dogs are colour blind. :P

Ok, an alternate view of the kaya+butter on toast, towards the balcony:

P9056631.JPG

I see your balcony clearly now... if your place needs anymore wow factor you should definitely install the artificial turf... ;)

However, the colour of the grass *may* clash with your rug.

And your dog might (and probably will), relieve itself on the turf.

It's up to you!

Ok, an alternate view of the kaya+butter on toast, towards the balcony:

P9056631.JPG

Hi,

Where did u get the kaya sofa? I really like the simple design and color. Could not find it @ YaKun or Killiney.. Is the cover washable/ removable? Thank!

I see your balcony clearly now... if your place needs anymore wow factor you should definitely install the artificial turf... ;)

However, the colour of the grass *may* clash with your rug.

And your dog might (and probably will), relieve itself on the turf.

It's up to you!

We figured the green carpet will have to go at some point in time. It's not practical when we consume food at the coffee table.

And when the dog does poo on the turf, at least it's easier to wash.

The price....it's the only reason that is causing us to consider and reconsider.

Your house is coming along nicely!!

Hi,

Where did u get the kaya sofa? I really like the simple design and color. Could not find it @ YaKun or Killiney.. Is the cover washable/ removable? Thank!

Hi nonick!

You can try Toastbox!

Or you can also try Lush at Kim Keat. It's called Zana. The fabric is water resistant. Not removable. A pity. Cause we had wanted to be able to change out the upholstery. Regarding the colour, you should go check it out in-store.

The price....it's the only reason that is causing us to consider and reconsider.

Yeah well it's not cheap, since it's from Holland and everything :( But worth it I think. It's cheaper than wooden decking anyway.

Are there any nurseries/landscape firms around your area? They probably have artificial turf too. You can go check with them. Happy CNY :)

hey, nice reno there.. anyways how much did u paid for the balcony doors? also, i intend to have the wallclock made from the ikea frame.. u DIY or bought it somewhere?

hey, nice reno there.. anyways how much did u paid for the balcony doors? also, i intend to have the wallclock made from the ikea frame.. u DIY or bought it somewhere?

You mean this clock?

P9056623.JPG

Yup, it was handmade. And as far as we know, we have not seen it anywhere else. The reviews from friends and relatives who have been to our place were mixed. Most thought it was showing different time zones. A few had difficulty telling the time even after we showed them how it was suppose to be read. It is a conversational piece haha!

We made it using three Rusch clocks and a Ribba frame.

Three Rusch clocks - $7.50

Ribba frame - $13.00

Total cost - $20.50

One completed clock - Priceless. :D

P9056634.JPG

The balcony doors were way over $3000 and just a little under $4000. ;)

Hi all, not sure how many still follow this t-blog. In any case, need comments on the following choices for turfing the balcony:

IMG_0076.JPG

A: 20mm pile height. olive and field green with a curled fiber to give a soft bouncy feel, and a rich and lush look

IMG_0077.JPG

B: 30mm pile height. realistic and comfortable high quality artificial turf with four color tones (field green, olive, verde green and beige)

IMG_0079.JPG

side-by-side comparison; A on the RIGHT and B on the LEFT.

In terms how it feels under our feet, option A felt like a closely compacted rough-hewn carpet. Option B felt like more prickly yet softer.

Without considering the price point, which would you choose?

Hi all, not sure how many still follow this t-blog. In any case, need comments on the following choices for turfing the balcony:

IMG_0076.JPG

A: 20mm pile height. olive and field green with a curled fiber to give a soft bouncy feel, and a rich and lush look

IMG_0077.JPG

B: 30mm pile height. realistic and comfortable high quality artificial turf with four color tones (field green, olive, verde green and beige)

IMG_0079.JPG

side-by-side comparison; A on the RIGHT and B on the LEFT.

In terms how it feels under our feet, option A felt like a closely compacted rough-hewn carpet. Option B felt like more prickly yet softer.

Without considering the price point, which would you choose?

without feeling it under the feet myself, it's a little hard to choose. but just going by the pictures i'll go for A. i like the richer green colour and also it looks more 'dense'. B does look realistic - maybe too realistic for my liking :)

wow.. artificial turf.. I tot im the only one who wants to put those at my balcony.. hehe..

anyways, looking at your photos, B looks more grass-ier.. A looks too green. i.e. too plastic-ish. haha.

I would prefer something that looks like real grass turf... anyways, where do you get those? I found one at far east flora @Kovan there.

without feeling it under the feet myself, it's a little hard to choose. but just going by the pictures i'll go for A. i like the richer green colour and also it looks more 'dense'. B does look realistic - maybe too realistic for my liking :)

wow.. artificial turf.. I tot im the only one who wants to put those at my balcony.. hehe..

anyways, looking at your photos, B looks more grass-ier.. A looks too green. i.e. too plastic-ish. haha.

I would prefer something that looks like real grass turf... anyways, where do you get those? I found one at far east flora @Kovan there.

hi tangerinez and mafacifa, thank you both for your comments.

it is quite apparent that the green of A is easy to like and does look less realistic. B's realism seems more apparent in photos.

we're trying to list all the pros and cons, likes and dislikes of each option. If the more expensive option wins out, we will then use the price to be the veto factor.

it was January's t-blog that inspired us to explore the option of artificial turf.

thanks for showing January's t-blog. Not bad on her balcony. Nicee..

I recently found and contact another vendor. Most probably will be getting them and doing self installation.. (half the price. i guess its not difficult to lay as I do not need the drainage cells).