Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ymjp100

Aaab's Hjem

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ymjp, I see you couldn't resist the green. Which one did you choose in the end?

on a scale of 1-10 to measure our ability to procrastinate, my wife and I score an 11.

we have not chosen! And we are thinking if we need the drainage cells. And if we can really keep the grass clean and hygienic.... :unsure:

if you're getting from Mr Wong it doesn't cost much less w/o the cells.

anyway, don't think so much, just do!

hi, im also in process of trying to fix artificial turf for my balcony. I found out that Mr Wong's price is abit steep, even without installation and drainage cells. I found another one that's much lower and they are pretty big supplier in this region.

However, i've not seen the sample yet. I was told the grass does show different appearance when under different lighting conditions. i.e. natural light, daylight, warm white lighting..

We have finally succumbed to the temptation of "greener pastures".

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG

But with the artificial grass installed, we are up against a new problem. Once solved, I shall share what the problem is.

like to ask your kitchen is open concept the smoke and oil how u prevent ?

I suppose you meant how to prevent smoke and oil from spreading throughout the house?

Firstly, we don't do heavy duty cooking involving lots of smoke and deep frying often. And when we do, we will use the hood to suck up the excessive smoke and grease. We don't really get the smoke and grease moving to the 2nd floor but we keep the doors to the rooms on the 2nd floot shut as a precaution. For the living room, we have a top-hung sliding door to shut out the smoke and grease. Finally, when we are cooking, we keep the kitchen windows and the main door open to facilitate airflow. So not much of the smell and grease remains.

All in, the benefits of an open concept kitchen far outweighs the cost. We found the table attached to the kitchen counter top to be very useful when we are having small parties. People found it to be a focal point.

Apparently we did not post pics of the masterbed room. was reminded by adidaem so here they are. But we have not kept our walk-in wardrobe neat and tidy, it's bursting out from all sides, so will not show it for now.

IMG_0818.JPG

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0813.JPG

This set shows how it looks with the curtains open and drawn to the side. The curtains are useful in keeping the cool air in when we use the air-conditioner.

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

I think the best way to show how effective the glass wall works is when we compare the amount of light let in to the stairwell between a solid wall and a glass one.

Nice and courageous design, very open and spacious.. Wifey loves it..

I feel a little uneasy over how open the bedroom feels, I'm the burrowing sort. :sport-smiley-004:

We have finally succumbed to the temptation of "greener pastures".

But with the artificial grass installed, we are up against a new problem. Once solved, I shall share what the problem is.

Have you solved the problem yet? We are considering something similar for our balcony as well. :unsure::)

I think the best way to show how effective the glass wall works is when we compare the amount of light let in to the stairwell between a solid wall and a glass one.

Nice! Can you pls show us more pics? (M a greedy gal!) Say comparison of the daylight with curtains drawn/open. Actually I'll be quite happy to see more of other spots too. :sport-smiley-004:

I like the openess and idea of bringing natural light to the stairway. That is what I'm trying to achieve by hacking away my BR3 wall too. Unfortunately (fortunately) my place doesn't get much light/sun anyway cos it's N-S facing, but anyway we (+ IDs) also like the idea of introducing cross-ventilation to improve air flow so that the house is naturally cooling.

Your MBR pic immediately reminded me of my favourite maisonette reno, 'Minimalist Loft' aka "Loft of Love' featured in March 2010 edition of Home & Decor (and featured on City Beats, etc) :)

I don't want to hijack your thread so I'll post more info about the 'Loft of Love' in my T-Blog instead. :yamseng:LINKY here to read more about 'Loft of Love'

Nice! Can you pls show us more pics? (M a greedy gal!) Say comparison of the daylight with curtains drawn/open. Actually I'll be quite happy to see more of other spots too. :sport-smiley-004:

I like the openess and idea of bringing natural light to the stairway. That is what I'm trying to achieve by hacking away my BR3 wall too. Unfortunately (fortunately) my place doesn't get much light/sun anyway cos it's N-S facing, but anyway we (+ IDs) also like the idea of introducing cross-ventilation to improve air flow so that the house is naturally cooling.

Your MBR pic immediately reminded me of my favourite maisonette reno, 'Minimalist Loft' aka "Loft of Love' featured in March 2010 edition of Home & Decor (and featured on City Beats, etc) :)

I don't want to hijack your thread so I'll post more info about the 'Loft of Love' in my T-Blog instead. :yamseng:LINKY here to read more about 'Loft of Love'

We saw that issue of Home & Decor too. :good: When we saw the glass wall, haha, we were a little disappointed that we weren't the first. :bleah: Our design was confirmed in Jan 10 and works began in Mar 10. We had retained the use of three rooms because we were planning to stay for the long haul. So reducing the number of rooms was not considered.

We had thought of cross-ventilation but it was something worth considering if we had one of those Peranakan shop houses. For EMs, without any air-wells, the solution seems to be keeping the windows and doors open.

Have you solved the problem yet? We are considering something similar for our balcony as well. :unsure::)

The problem was that the balcony door could not clear the grass i.e. we could not open the balcony doors fully.

Will you have a similar problem like ours? If your balcony doors are the sliding type (ours are folding type), you will not face the same problem as us.

What are your consideration points? Maintenance? Aesthetics? Cost? Ease of installation? :sport-smiley-018: