Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ymjp100

Aaab's Hjem

IMG_0893.JPG

This is what the stairwell looks with maximum natural light.

Your upstairs flooring is truly lovely! Is that real timber, wood tile or laminate? My apologies that I can't tell the difference... :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your upstairs flooring is truly lovely! Is that real timber, wood tile or laminate? My apologies that I can't tell the difference... :P

Hello mummymantras. Thank you for the compliments. The flooring is laminate. The brand is Pergo. If we can remember correctly, the laminate was suppose to replicate the look of cherry wood. Laminate has so far been good for us. It does sound a little hollow when stepped on but the ease of maintenance and low cost more than make up for it.

Hi ymjp,

Your crib is still very popular. I just stumbled upon ur blog and looking forward to your story on balcony grass patch and images of your kitchen ya. :)

Cheers!

Hi ymjp,

Your crib is still very popular. I just stumbled upon ur blog and looking forward to your story on balcony grass patch and images of your kitchen ya. :)

Cheers!

Ok, we need to clean the house up by this weekend because we are hosting a "hen party". So that would be a good time to take some pics. More hosting in the coming weeks: primary school friends and teachers, secondary school friends, colleagues and that should take us to Dec.....before Christmas.

I've also taken my Audrey Kawasaki prints for framing. Those should be up by mid-Nov. So more pics then.

Sorry for the repeated delays!

hi ymjp,

Its been months since you got the artificial turf. I am very tempted to get it done for my balcony, can you share pros/cons after having it for mths? Esp the cleaning part. thank you!

Hi porcupine12trade, sorry it took so long to reply.

Here are our thoughts:

Our balcony is not "covered", although the definition of a balcony is that it is "roofless" but that's another story altogether. Anyway, we thought it was "cleaner" in that dust does not collect as readily as the cement screed flooring we had. Previously, we had our upstairs neighbour's flowers and leaves dropping into our balcony floor. We still have that but because it is artificial turf, it is harder to sweep away. So we need a vacuum cleaner or to pick it up with our hands.

Cleaning wise, we vacuum it now and then. Sometimes we will also spray it with water. It's generally low maintenance. We have no regrets having the turf installed.

Alright, I have gotten some kitchen pics finally. But those are night time shots. Let me get a few done in daylight first before deciding which ones to post.

In the meantime, these are two of our Audrey Kawasaki prints.

These two prints are placed outside the common toilet on level 2.

IMG_1351.JPG

This one on the left is titled "Two Sisters".

IMG_1352.JPG

A close up of the frame.

IMG_1357.JPG

The bigger one, on the right is titled "She Who Dares".

IMG_1353.JPG

This is a close up of the frame.

IMG_1356.JPG

We are loving the frames!

Kitchen pics are here...finally.

The kitchen is a little neater following two consecutive weekends of hosting gatherings. In fact, the place is cleaner as we begin a new season of house parties until Christmas.

Here goes:

View of kitchen from dining room.

IMG_1369.JPG

We have put up three prints from plastique monkey and guests would be able to see them once they enter the house. The two suar wood stools are holding up very well. Usefulfor sitting down when we put on our shoes.

Close up of the same view.

IMG_1371.JPG

The title of each print (from left to right) is "I Didn't Do It", "New Heartbeat" and "I Can Wait". Somewhere in the middle of the photo is a stool with fold-away steps. Very useful when we are trying to get to hard to reach high placed.

View of kitchen from stairwell.

IMG_1367.JPG

This is how it looks like. A very open "open concept" kitchen. The counter is great for placing food and grub for guests when they come over. It's like a buffet table. At the bottom right, there is a plug for electrical hotplate/induction cooker. Along the side on the left, it's a column of switches for kitchen, foyer, stairwell, dining area....children are attracted to them.

View from kitchen towards downstairs toilet.

IMG_1372.JPG

The good thing about living on a low floor is the readily available green foliage. On the right is the stool, laundry basket and toilet door. Washing machine is in this toilet. On the left is a bit of the fridge followed by a cabinet that hides the rubbish chute and water pipes.

View of kitchen from downstairs toilet.

IMG_1374.JPG

Obviously it can be neater but then I will procrastinate and end up not posting any pics of the kitchen... The fridge door is a mess of receipts from some of the nicer restaurants we been to recently, photos/postcards of place we have been recently and a few (necessary) fridge magnets. It's even got a pair of clogs and the beans (red and green) from our wedding last year!

If you are thinking that the amount of green stuff in the pictures shouldn't be a coincidence - BINGO!

Edited by ymjp100

Alrighty. Just two more pics of the kitchen and should be it.

View from kitchen towards dining area.

IMG_1376.JPG

It's normally not so tidy.

Alternate view from kitchen towards dining area.

IMG_1375.JPG

That's it then.

Thanks for sharing! Any plans for phase 2?

No probs. Phase 2? At the moment we are still adding finishing touches here and there. Nothing major. Just minor stuff like framing up the prints, adding a curtain (in progress) and making it more "homely".

Phase 2 sounds scary. Most probably not in the next 4 years.

How about yours?

Nice... thanks for coming back to post pictures of your kitchen! :) I love the green items...

Why is your washing machine in the toilet?

You're welcome.

It was deliberate not to have shower facilities in the downstairs toilet. This meant we could push the washing machine into the toilet, out of sight. Moreover, the washing machine didn't seem to fit in the overall look of the kitchen, which is typical of most apartments.

I have a friend who placed his washing machine and dryer in a closet built between the kitchen and dining area. I guess there is no fixed place for washing machines...

No probs. Phase 2? At the moment we are still adding finishing touches here and there. Nothing major. Just minor stuff like framing up the prints, adding a curtain (in progress) and making it more "homely".

Phase 2 sounds scary. Most probably not in the next 4 years.

How about yours?

Haha, already thinking about it... nothing major, just some built-in storage and a minor tweak. But now is reno peak period so dunno can do soon or not.

Plus decor/art. Still looking. :)

In 4 years... I hope to be looking for new place to reno bah. :rolleyes: