Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lawry

Steam Cleaners

I'm currently thinking of getting a steam cleaner for kitchen, toilet and (maybe floor) use.

Anyone using a Karcher? Would like to get your feedback on it.

Something like this.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've seen a couple models in NTUC for sale & also there's one being advertised on tv. using steam to clean seems

impressive but anyone used it? appreciate feedback also.

i just bought a Karcher SC 1122 fm Home Fix 2 wks ago. had wanted to use it to remove some very stubborn stains on the toilet tiles which my contractor also unable to remove using acid. indeed, the steam cleaner CANNOT remove the stains. the tiles are dark grey type with rough surface. i shd have replaced the tiles when i did the reno.. but contractor say he will try to scrub with acid. but now too late.

Anyway, back to the SC 1122. i think it is good for cleaning stuff like windows, mirrors and glass doors. the machine comes with the wiper thingie and u need to use it to remove the water condensation on the surface. Cos i had use the steam cleaner on the homogeneous tiles in the living room. the water condensation on the tile surface actually leaves behind water marks when it dries up. Not sure if i am using the machine correctly. still in the exploration stage.

*Hand up* I use!

Excellent household equipment for spring-cleaning. Use it for all the glass surfaces and it worked satisfactorily. Shower screens' scums can be stubborn, i need to steam them down a few time and remove progressively. There are only toilet and kitchen tiles (all the rest in laminated floor), and the karcher works fine in removing grease.

One more function for the karcher which most of you may not know : Sterilise your garden. I steamed down the balcony-garden and corridor-growing area twice a year. Floor, pots and racks, AND SOIL. Be careful with delicate plants (eg, lavender, of soft-stemmed flowers). Once i steamed a pot of mealy-bug infested plant too, and it worked!

It is a piece of equipment I deem indispensible twice a year. For weekly maintenance, hmm, there are other lighter tools to use.

i just bought a Karcher SC 1122 fm Home Fix 2 wks ago. had wanted to use it to remove some very stubborn stains on the toilet tiles which my contractor also unable to remove using acid. indeed, the steam cleaner CANNOT remove the stains. the tiles are dark grey type with rough surface. i shd have replaced the tiles when i did the reno.. but contractor say he will try to scrub with acid. but now too late.

Anyway, back to the SC 1122. i think it is good for cleaning stuff like windows, mirrors and glass doors. the machine comes with the wiper thingie and u need to use it to remove the water condensation on the surface. Cos i had use the steam cleaner on the homogeneous tiles in the living room. the water condensation on the tile surface actually leaves behind water marks when it dries up. Not sure if i am using the machine correctly. still in the exploration stage.

hi how much u buy this model for? er, yr stains were there for how long & caused by what? ah? sounds like an

expensive glass cleaner sia :dancingqueen: er homo tiles refer to those laid by HDB right? erm, then how u remove e water marks?

clean with cloth later?

*Hand up* I use!

Excellent household equipment for spring-cleaning. Use it for all the glass surfaces and it worked satisfactorily. Shower screens' scums can be stubborn, i need to steam them down a few time and remove progressively. There are only toilet and kitchen tiles (all the rest in laminated floor), and the karcher works fine in removing grease.

One more function for the karcher which most of you may not know : Sterilise your garden. I steamed down the balcony-garden and corridor-growing area twice a year. Floor, pots and racks, AND SOIL. Be careful with delicate plants (eg, lavender, of soft-stemmed flowers). Once i steamed a pot of mealy-bug infested plant too, and it worked!

It is a piece of equipment I deem indispensible twice a year. For weekly maintenance, hmm, there are other lighter tools to use.

hi hi u using same model too? er how long u all need to clean e entire house ah?

hi how much u buy this model for? er, yr stains were there for how long & caused by what? ah? sounds like an

expensive glass cleaner sia :dancingqueen: er homo tiles refer to those laid by HDB right? erm, then how u remove e water marks?

clean with cloth later?

i bought it at sgd 318, previously was selling 398. the toilet white stains ah? i believed shd be caused by soapy stuff by the previous owner. i shd had changed the toilet tiles, now living with regret as its too late. anyway, the contractor painted a layer of Epoxy over the tiles and the stains is ligher than before.. which i can live with it.

yup, probably a little expensive to jus use it as a glass cleaner, but still exploring the other uses for it. haha.