Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sheer083

Absolook Interior Design

Hello, I am really new at this and recently spoked to Don from Absolook (office in AMK). He seems pretty responsive and amicable to our ideas. Anyone worked with him before? :)

I engaged absolook and Don happens to be my ID. As you mention, he is responsive and amicable to ideas. He will keep prompting us for any thoughts. Most important is to have a theme and he will drop ideas along the way to help you. Every ID company's ID has at least 3-5 projects on hand, so it is also the owner's responsibility to remind/take down simple notes. I heard from Don that if it is friend's recommendation, there might be a small discount =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all, I just signed a package with Abslook with one of their "newbie" id. He's actually not new to the ID industry but new to Abslook company.

I met him one month at the yishun showroom prior to meeting him at the open house on 29th Sep. on our first meeting, I had to postponed it due to an urgent meeting, and my second meeting with him the next day I was late for 1 hour too because of another meeting. All this time, he was very patient with me and all. I did write in to him before our first meet up on my requirements and my theme as I knew what I wanted. So when I fianally got to meet him, he had already done the quotation, space planning, and even the lighting planning!!

I was very surprised of this because of 2 reason:

1. I've met up with 9 IDs before Abslook, and out of the 9 of them only 2 gave me the space planing and quotation without asking for a deposit first. Understand that it is sop for them to want money first before making any effort in doing the space planning. So you can imagine why I'm impressed when he gave me the quotation with the space planning and lighting plan too.

2. He had done the space planning and lighting planning based on exactly what I thought it would look like. It's as if he had read my mind! I had not communicated to him about the lighting and space planning I wanted before this btw.

So finally when we were going through the quotation, he highlighted to me the package and my additional add-ones which were not covered in the package. He told me specifically that if this is what I truly wanted, this was the exact quotation I would be expecting. Furthermore, he said one more thing that I was impressed. He said... "If you confirm these are the items you want to renovate and not do anything more, I guarenatee you this is the max price you'll pay and maybe you will pay lesser at the end of your Reno. Why? Because along the way you may want to make changes to your Reno items and when you see your actual house, you will see that some of the things you want to do may not seem practical and you will forgo it. For now, we put the items in, and when the time comes you decide whether you still want them or not." Wah! Steady... I like his upfront and honest opinions. This is the kind of ID I WANT TO WORK WITH. hahaha.Btw the quotation he quoted me inclusive of electrical works too.

So after our first meeting, I went to Abslook's open house at fernvale on 29th Sep to see their carpentry. Their carpentry was not bad.. (Based on my standards) and I thought that the Reno was done quite well. Btw, they have a lot of open house every few months. So when I was there they were having a package tied together with their new IDs whereby if we sign with their new IDs all carpentry comes with Blum soft closing mechanisms, $1,000 off aircom system, free samsung digital lock. There was also free 7-in-1 bathroom accessories, free mirror, free hood and hob, free instant heater in the package quoted to me also. So what I saw on that day was the quotation that my ID gave to me (who is a "newbie") with all the above. Basically I was quoted within my budget I requested for and was offered so many freebies (in which I can almost move-in condition, except for the bed, fridge, washing machine, aircom, TV, sofa and dining table), what else can I ask for right? Sign lah!!! Hahaha. Plus that fact that I can click with this "newbie" ID is a bonus of course.

My thoughts are this after seeing the various comments and through my experience.

1. If you want an experienced ID, be prepared to face a busy person who may not have the time to meet you and discuss through your needs if he feels you are not worth his time. (Remember, he has a lot of projects on hand and probably can choose his/her client based on his/her gut feel on compatability and if the client is just "using" him/her or not)

2. Nowadays, there's very few new ideas to come up with to design a standard BTO flat. So if you want new ideas, it's better to do your own research and then ask for the ID views whether it can be achieved and to what extent he/she can contribute to your idea.

3. Going for a less experience ID may not be so bad, as with every experienced ID came an in-experienced one before.

4. Ask yourself what is it you want from an ID and match it to the actual ID you are meeting. Again, please be realistic and feasible in expectations. Don't expect them to give you everything when you have not given them anything either. (Though my ID did make am effort with his space planning and light set up designs and gave it to me to keep and though I never said I was going to confirm him as my ID)

In a nutshell, this is my beginning of my experience with Abslook. So far everything is good and building up from here. The comments made above are solely based on what I think and experienced. Everyone has a different experience so depends on you.

I agree.. as my renovation just completed and i wouldnt say the carpentry work is perfect but at least they are responsive to the "defects" you spotted and most importantly, those friends here who has went through multiple IDs will know that everything costs money during renovation, so absolook has provide us with those "free items" which helped with my budget.

Hi,

My hubby and I have also signed up with Abslook during the fernvale open house. Our ID is BH. He is definitely not the most experienced ID in the company. To us, experience does not matter much as both my hubby and father in law used to work in this industry.

Main reasons for signing up with him:

1. He does proper follow ups after we have submitted our request for a quotation online.

2. He comes well prepared during our 1st meet up. Like Chilarvet's ID, he has actually done up draft copies of both space and lightning planning. The meeting venue is actually our new house.

3. He is friendly, sincere, helpful. Most importantly, we are able to 'click' with him.

It is actually quite difficult to earn $ from my hubby since he has a certain level of knowledge in this industry. We have actually been 'testing' BH since our first meetup. My hubby has purposely chosen the meeting place to be in our new, bare home, discussing with BH on the planning for hours! Poor fellow, there are no table and chairs around and the whole house is quite hot. BH has taken everything in his stride and really discuss the planning in details with my hubby there! He is already perspiring like mad. 😜

This shows his sincerity, a value my hubby values the most.

Another big plus for BH is that he has a lot of lobangs. He knows where to bring us to go shopping for our new house. He has also taken the initiative to liaise with the HDB cement screeding contractor after we have submitted our application to HDB. This will mean both my hubby and I will be more relaxed... Anything not right, we will just look for BH and he will help to do the rest. 😁😁😁

We can't wait to get our renovation started. Hahah 😅

Edited by Zierra

Hi,

My hubby and I have also signed up with Abslook during the fernvale open house. Our ID is BH. He is definitely not the most experienced ID in the company. To us, experience does not matter much as both my hubby and father in law used to work in this industry.

1. He does proper follow ups after we have submitted our request for a quotation online.

2. He comes well prepared during our 1st meet up. Like Chilarvet's ID, he has actually done up draft copies of both space and lightning planning. The meeting venue is actually our new house.

3. He is friendly, sincere, helpful. Most importantly, we are able to 'click' with him.

It is actually quite difficult to earn $ from my hubby since he has a certain level of knowledge in this industry. We have actually been 'testing' BH since our first meetup. My hubby has purposely chosen the meeting place to be in our new, bare home, discussing with BH on the planning for hours! Poor fellow, there are no table and chairs around and the whole house is quite hot. BH has taken everything in his stride and really discuss the planning in details with my hubby there! He is already perspiring like mad. 😜

Another big plus for BH is that he has a lot of lobangs. He knows where to bring us to go shopping for our new house. He has also taken the initiative to liaise with the HDB cement screeding contractor after we have submitted our application to HDB. This will mean both my hubby and I will be more relaxed... Anything not right, we will just look for BH and he will help to do the rest. 😁😁😁

We can't wait to get our renovation started. Hahah 😅

My ID also BH. Totally agree with your points. Haha.

Hahah chilarvet, so coincidence! Hehe

Hahaha.. Yah lor. Anyways can't wait to see your flat renovated. Do share your pictures of the renovation when it starts too. :)

• Like 1

Hahaha.. Yah lor. Anyways can't wait to see your flat renovated. Do share your pictures of the renovation when it starts too. :)

Hi chilarvet,

Hahah, ok I will try. Still in the process of learning how to upload pics in this forum. :P

How about yours? Has your renovation started? Sighz, my renovation will be delayed as the HDB contractor has yet to do the cement screeding for our flat. Anyway, we have left BH in-charge to do all the talking and coordination with the HDB contractor. hehe :D

I believe once the cement screeding has been completed, the renovation process should be carried out quite fast as we have already done and completed all selections of materials and shopping for our new flat. :yamseng:

Edited by Zierra

Hi chilarvet,

Hahah, ok I will try. Still in the process of learning how to upload pics in this forum. :P

How about yours? Has your renovation started? Sighz, my renovation will be delayed as the HDB contractor has yet to do the cement screeding for our flat. Anyway, we have left BH in-charge to do all the talking and coordination with the HDB contractor. hehe :D

I believe once the cement screeding has been completed, the renovation process should be carried out quite fast as we have already done and completed all selections of materials and shopping for our new flat. :yamseng:

Hi Zierra,

Not started reno cause have not even collected key yet. Haha. Should be Feb 2014, if got no delay.

Now in the midst of space planning and selecting the materials with BH. Do update me about BH handling your reno process.. Haha.

Anyways, hope ur flat will get ready soon so you can start your reno journey and move into your own house! :)

Hi Zierra,

Not started reno cause have not even collected key yet. Haha. Should be Feb 2014, if got no delay.

Now in the midst of space planning and selecting the materials with BH. Do update me about BH handling your reno process.. Haha.

Anyways, hope ur flat will get ready soon so you can start your reno journey and move into your own house! :)

Hahah thanks so much, chilarvet. Can, will update u on the Reno process.

We went to their showflats in Fernvale recently. Was attended to by an ID who had promised to get back to me regarding quotation and meet up for further discussion.

Both did not happen lol....now ive just gotten in touch with Aaron asking him for a quote and a meet up...hopefully he will follow up else i will be avoiding this company for sure.

For those whose houses were renovated by Abs, hows the end product as in with daily use, any problems faced? Did anyone opt to overlay laminate in the whole house except for toilets/kitchen?

We went to their showflats in Fernvale recently. Was attended to by an ID who had promised to get back to me regarding quotation and meet up for further discussion.

Both did not happen lol....now ive just gotten in touch with Aaron asking him for a quote and a meet up...hopefully he will follow up else i will be avoiding this company for sure.

For those whose houses were renovated by Abs, hows the end product as in with daily use, any problems faced? Did anyone opt to overlay laminate in the whole house except for toilets/kitchen?

Hi pamkaur10,

Sorry to hear that.

So far, my ID is quite responsive and my hubby and I have put him in charge. He has also brought us go shopping for the things we need. We shd be starting our reno real soon or else we have to wait till the end of the next lunar month (instruction from elders).

We enaged Absolook to renovate our new 4 Room BTO in October 2014 and the ID assigned to our case is Richie How. Our assigned ID has been very responsive to our questions and requests and he has been trying hard to meet our tight renovation schedule and get everything done in 2 months. We do need to remind him occassionally on the smaller matters but that's really not an issue as its human tendency to forget small things :lol:

Renovation items completed so far and my ratings:

- Speed and Responsiveness of ID (9/10). My ID is amazing :sport-smiley-004:

- General Worksmanship so far (7/10). Look good / okay in general and we do not have very high expectations as we are not using any expensive materials for our renovation. No heart attacks from them so far :lol:

- Fridge and Cabinet Base (8/10). Tiles are nicely aligned to the existing HDB Tiles.

- Painting (7/10). Some touch up required at when the carpentary work is completed. Should be a 8/10 once its completed

- Bathroom Curb and Shower Screen (6/10). The Shower Screen seems a bit shaking and ID will be geting his contractor to install an additional support bar on top of the shower screen to stablize it.

- False Ceiling in Master Bedroom (4/10). Found out today that the cut holes in the false ceiling (for downlights) is too close to the built-in wardrobe. Waiting for them to rectify the issue.

- Carpentary work for Kitchen Cabinet and Built-in Wardrobe (still work in progress)

Edited by ksquare

Hi,

It is actually quite difficult to earn $ from my hubby since he has a certain level of knowledge in this industry. We have actually been 'testing' BH since our first meetup. My hubby has purposely chosen the meeting place to be in our new, bare home, discussing with BH on the planning for hours! Poor fellow, there are no table and chairs around and the whole house is quite hot. BH has taken everything in his stride and really discuss the planning in details with my hubby there! He is already perspiring like mad.

Another big plus for BH is that he has a lot of lobangs. He knows where to bring us to go shopping for our new house. He has also taken the initiative to liaise with the HDB cement screeding contractor after we have submitted our application to HDB. This will mean both my hubby and I will be more relaxed... Anything not right, we will just look for BH and he will help to do the rest.

We can't wait to get our renovation started. Hahah

Can I have BH's contact? Thank you