Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sheer083

Absolook Interior Design

I signed up with Absolook as my friend and sister home are done by Absolook and i have seen their workmanship is good and their service is good too. Surprisingly their package is not expensive as alot of items are actually included inside. Mine is a 4-room premium flat and i signed up for their year-end luxury package at $17788 after the instant $500 voucher and it consist of TV feature and console, sliding wardrobe for bedroom, blum kitchen with quartz. It also include lighting which alot ID never include in as i went to abt 4-5 other ID to get quote before. They also throw in free accessories like cooker hob and hood and sink, tap and storage heater and bathroom accessories which is everything we need for our new home without any extra cost. My id is also pretty ''on the ball''...keep me updated of my progress without mme asking as i need to move in urgently by December

hi, may i ask who is yr ID?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 2/17/2016 at 2:55 PM, TheDivision said:

hi, may i ask who is yr ID?

Hi , sorry havent been logging in

He is Ken Kaoh Chunyang

On 4/4/2016 at 1:29 PM, Nely said:

Which branch is he at? Can pm me his contact?

Tks!

Hi, sorry havent been loggin in

He is at Tradehub 21 headquarter branch, just PM you his contact :) 

I went to their showroom in Oxley bizhub near to 2 weeks ago and served by Melvin and he promised to email the quotation in 1 week. Its almost 2 weeks and no sound from him. Guess he felt my budget low and decided not to follow up but I was glad so wont need to waste time.

On Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 10:50 AM, chameleon20 said:

I went to their showroom in Oxley bizhub near to 2 weeks ago and served by Melvin and he promised to email the quotation in 1 week. Its almost 2 weeks and no sound from him. Guess he felt my budget low and decided not to follow up but I was glad so wont need to waste time.

This type of people, immediately ignore. Don't bother anymore. I feel Absolook is a good company, but you need to find the correct designer. 

The person who was assigned to me when I visited them I feel he is a lousy designer. Very little creative input. Not reflecting their works Ive seen and capable. 

For absolook my advise is see their works online and request the specific designer you are impressed with. 

Edited by upthetoon

hi all,

Anyone who hv engaged Joseph can share abit more on him.

1) Whether is he highly responsible and accountable.

2) His prices are cheap as well. Would want to know if there are any hidden cost inserted by him midway through the project

3) Creativity as a designer. if he could come up with layouts or design to impress you.

Greatly appreciate all feedback.

Thanks.

Lengthy comments based on my experiences (disclaimer: comments on the Sales Designer i had, do not applies to all within Absolook, thus I will not disclose his name openly) :

engaged Absolook during one of their events (after 3 other ID failed to provide me the quotations), thus the person who approached me is kinda young which initially i was lack of confident with. during the sales-talks, he since to be sincere (who is not when trying to earn the money) and able to provide some genuine comments. he knows my project is small (1 room condo) and i have a budget which i emphasized to him. when i asked him to provide the quotation based on to-scale drawing, he failed to do so. He based on my estimated measurement as he promised if there is a different can be refund/top-up. but after i paid the deposit, things are going slow despite i told him my targeted date to move in. submission of 3d drawings (which is totally different from what i have described and wrong color) and the amendment of quotations after actual measurements / change of items. even though he has a back-up during his almost 3 weeks absence (reservist + personal), afterall it is his project, thus his back-up will need to keep consult him whenever i asked something. now i only crossing my figure hard that i can have my unit ready as per the targeted date which he promised. Will update again when the reno starts/finish.

Before/after Service: 2.5/5

Perhaps his lack of experience, all the ideas were from me (he still can asked me what i like to do, send him the picture) which different from my expectation of an ID. As my unit is small, I need him to provide constructive ideas in terms of space-saving which he din. I provided a quite a common functional dining table, he looked lost which made me worried if he can deliver that. I will need to talk to the contractor directly when on-site. Till date, i see no creativity generated by him. Not sure if it's a too small area to play with (but i do not see it as a limitation)

Creativity / Constructive suggestions: 0/5

the more i compared, the more i discovered that their pricing is 30-40% more than direct-contractors, 10%-15% more than other IDs (not sure if it is so-coincidentally that Absolook's pricing is the most expensive). during one of his sale-talk, he highlighted that their pricing definitely not the lowest, as what they are delivering are quality and service which they are proud of (no comments on quality of carpentry work as i have not started reno, will comment later but i see the service level is not there) which i also made to believe that what i am paying is the quality and service. he also sales-talked to me that their carpenter is a subsidiary to the company which only handles their projects, thus definitely cheaper and better quality (again) which I do not know how true is that (can anyone comment?). 

Quality of work: TBA/5

that's my comments so far... i will update 3 weeks later. 

• Like 1

updates on the Quality of work portion:

it is a total disaster. delayed 2 weeks on the project with bad workmanship. the money spent is not worth it at all. now im escalating my reno project (not completed yet) to their higher management. awaiting for their response. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leafe said:

it is a total disaster. delayed 2 weeks on the project with bad workmanship. the money spent is not worth it at all. now im escalating my reno project (not completed yet) to their higher management. awaiting for their response. 

u are not alone  :bangwall:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, buzzer said:

u are not alone  :bangwall:

omg.. 

they are holding too many carnivals/promotions which they cant handle anymore. and they leverage on the quality of work. just found out that they have a few carpenter team which the [only 1 china nationality] contractor who handle my job single handed had a bad quality. not sure for others [malaysian nationality]. the staff is rude and finding excuses for all the issues, treating us like idiot..  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, leafe said:

can pm me ur ID's name? becuz we are considering to engage one of their ID. But looking at ur post, we might need to think about it again..hai

Edited by lifeissimple