Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sheer083

Absolook Interior Design

On 11/28/2016 at 1:38 PM, niel85 said:

Hi Lifeissimple, did you get assigned a random ID before signing up? I would not want also horrible CS but understand if you don't want to share the name of the ID. 

we walk in and was assigned to a random ID. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm super jealous of how my sister in law's house turned out, she got Absolook and can't stop raving of them. I should have listened to her when she kept on bugging me to sign up with them as well. (I engaged a diff ID after much argument with my husband and now proving to be a headache, ugh! :bangwall:

Dgardel - thats a shame. absolook was also highly recommended to me by my Aunt (they did their BTO last year) so I gave them a try, asked for a quote (not the lowest quote we got but reasonable enough ) and after couple of meetings within a span of couple of weeks with various Ids, we signed with them. I have strict budget for reno and our Id is very straightforward on what he thinks is realistic. I despite pushy Ids and stay away from them immediately, fortunately , our Id is not and actually listens to what we want/need and work along the way with it. I think its very important to pick an Id based on how easy you communicate with them, no matter how good they are , if you dont click, no point. At the moment, ever since my reno has started, he keeps me updated not every day but atleast 2 or 3x a week via viber/whatsapp and i appreciate that for my peace of mind. I can tell the flow of my reno journey is looking good and will be happy to share updates near my target move date of March next year. 

On 12/2/2016 at 1:45 PM, Dgardel said:

I'm super jealous of how my sister in law's house turned out, she got Absolook and can't stop raving of them. I should have listened to her when she kept on bugging me to sign up with them as well. (I engaged a diff ID after much argument with my husband and now proving to be a headache, ugh! :bangwall:

do you mind sharing your sis in law id and your problematic id so can remove from my shortlist incase? thanks

On 12/5/2016 at 1:25 PM, niel85 said:

Dgardel - thats a shame. absolook was also highly recommended to me by my Aunt (they did their BTO last year) so I gave them a try, asked for a quote (not the lowest quote we got but reasonable enough ) and after couple of meetings within a span of couple of weeks with various Ids, we signed with them. I have strict budget for reno and our Id is very straightforward on what he thinks is realistic. I despite pushy Ids and stay away from them immediately, fortunately , our Id is not and actually listens to what we want/need and work along the way with it. I think its very important to pick an Id based on how easy you communicate with them, no matter how good they are , if you dont click, no point. At the moment, ever since my reno has started, he keeps me updated not every day but atleast 2 or 3x a week via viber/whatsapp and i appreciate that for my peace of mind. I can tell the flow of my reno journey is looking good and will be happy to share updates near my target move date of March next year. 

How long did it take for him to give quote? I'm still waiting after a week although I'm not really in a hurry, still in searching mode. 

On 11/7/2016 at 11:44 PM, supernightmare said:

I have entrusted my first and newly BTO flat with Absolook and would like to conclude my journey with them was an unpleasant and disappointed experience. Below are the positive and negative qualities based on my renovation process.

Positive

1. They do have a handful of skilled and passionate sub-contractors in hand. All their sub-contractors are very knowledgeable in the area of their focus and will give honest and valuable suggestions. These guys are really helpful and trying their best to extend their help to us as and when required.
  2. Absolook does have an inspector in place to check on the whole renovation process. The inspector played a very important role as he has the power to spot on defects and fine their respective contractors who did sloppy work. The inspector has very sharp eyesight in spotting defects and was more customer-orientated than my id and the manager. He was the one who speed up the whole touch-up process within 3 days as promised as it was dragging too long in the hands of our ID. Besides that, he listens to our issue with id and manager without been defensive and always set the right tone throughout our communication. Just for information, our whole renovation process took us about 3 months to finish off.

Negative

1. Lack of idea. Before signing the contract, we did show our id as to what we want through images but after confirmation, the 3D design turned out to be a rather simple one and was nothing near to what we had showed him. Rather than leaving him alone to draft out the 2nd 3D, we provided him as to what we want to do but with a cost to pay for which was charge to us for every single item that we want to do.
  2. ID was lacking in experience and inattentive. Before the start of renovation, we have emphasized again and again on our expectations in certain areas. However, when renovation started, there will some areas that the id missed out or due to lack in experience was not able to detect earlier before the start of the renovation so add-on was required whenever the contractors came site survey. In addition, whenever problem surfaces, it was resolved either by the contractors or ourselves through argument.
  3. ID was not helpful and irresponsible for instance, DO for home appliances was not in his job scope as he does not want to be responsible for the delivery thus suggest us to deliver and lock it up in a room. Then my question to him was what if the item delivered gone missing, his reply to me was report police.

4. ID and manager were trying all ways to charge us. For example (just one out of the many incidents), the paint used to paint the bomb shelter’s door and the door frames of the rooms can be used interchangeably but they claimed it can’t be done so.

5. ID will only come onsite when serious matter happens or if called upon. Absolook do have many projects in our BTO area but often we saw our neighbour’s ID more than ours.

6. ID and manager were not customer-orientated as they will lose their patient and raise their voices and more importantly, whenever there are arguments they do not know how to manage us. For instances, it was our first time telling them that we will comment on Facebook about their work and their reply to us was using lawyers to threaten us if we do such posting.
  7.  Electrician charges was way too high by Absolook where nearly $5k without GST was quoted leaving us with no choice to outsource it. When such decision was made, my ID started to push responsibility by saying “if should there be any damages on their carpentry that was caused by electrician works, they will charge to the electrician company”. He also makes it clear that he will not be involve in the electrician works since we are not using theirs. Hence, we have to oversee the electrician works on our own.

With that, before starting renovation, we do have high expectations with Absolook as we believe that do have a good team who are meticulous in ensuring a smooth-sailing renovation process through their fabulous Facebook reviews and websites. However, after engaging them, it was not like how it was mentioned in their website that “making the whole process hassle-free and a pleasure experience”. We felt that our renovation journey was a hair-pulling and teeth-gritting experiences whenever we shared with anyone.

(PS: We do know of neigbours who engage Absolook but by different ID were not facing such problems like us so choosing the right ID is very IMPORTANT.)

After handling over and staying in, some issues started to surface and getting no response from them at the moment. 

In one of the picture, the water piping labels were not removed before installing of shower screen and vanity while another picture showed the patches of paint work after touch-up. It can clearly be seen when the lights are on at the walkway. 

15326616_10154311642864790_1590962028157856260_n.jpg

15390878_10154311637379790_8744813561105754547_n.jpg

supernightmare,

the visible patches looks bad in the dark and the water piping labels not being removed i find its minor but still something i'd expect for them to fix immediately! 

how long has it been since the handover? i'm just wondering if you only noticed the patches and the water piping labels now becoz these shouldve been inspected prior handover right? 

On 06/12/2016 at 2:46 PM, powerlee said:

How long did it take for him to give quote? I'm still waiting after a week although I'm not really in a hurry, still in searching mode. 

roughly a week and a half

• Like 1

On 09/12/2016 at 2:59 PM, niel85 said:

supernightmare,

the visible patches looks bad in the dark and the water piping labels not being removed i find its minor but still something i'd expect for them to fix immediately! 

how long has it been since the handover? i'm just wondering if you only noticed the patches and the water piping labels now becoz these shouldve been inspected prior handover right? 

Abt a month. The patches is visible at evening time so during inspection was not that obvious. As for the water pipes labels, we only found out when washing the toilets and realized there's silicone on it when trying to remove.

hmm, so strange.. not adding salt to the wound but even if you dont wash the toilet , these still shouldve been noticed right away during inspection.. although since its been missed out already, i wouldnt make a big deal out of this minor issue, still i would follow up with them to get it rectified asap, for the visible patches, i hope you hear from them asap to get this rectified also even though this is only visible in the dark.   

On 08/12/2016 at 9:00 PM, supernightmare said:

After handling over and staying in, some issues started to surface and getting no response from them at the moment. 

In one of the picture, the water piping labels were not removed before installing of shower screen and vanity while another picture showed the patches of paint work after touch-up. It can clearly be seen when the lights are on at the walkway. 

15326616_10154311642864790_1590962028157856260_n.jpg

15390878_10154311637379790_8744813561105754547_n.jpg

sorry to hear about this unsatisfactory results  after staying in, i hope you don't mind sharing your ID? Pls pm me, thank you

supernightmare

i can understand where you're coming from, afterall we only expect our ID to stay true to their commitment to us after signing up with them, your issue is very minor compared to what we are facing right now with our ID, 3d Inno...about our floor being uneven.. i cant wait to move past this stage! so neverwracking!

9 hours ago, niel85 said:

hmm, so strange.. not adding salt to the wound but even if you dont wash the toilet , these still shouldve been noticed right away during inspection.. although since its been missed out already, i wouldnt make a big deal out of this minor issue, still i would follow up with them to get it rectified asap, for the visible patches, i hope you hear from them asap to get this rectified also even though this is only visible in the dark.   

9 hours ago, cancan83 said:

sorry to hear about this unsatisfactory results  after staying in, i hope you don't mind sharing your ID? Pls pm me, thank you

Ya. being our first flat, we really missed out quite a few stuffs after inspection. It's only when we stayed in then realised the rest of the minor defects. 

Yes, I want them to rectified all these issues but apparently we are been ignored. 

I posted on their FB review of all these new discoveries but they have yet to get back to me. So I am wondering what's the point of having the 5-year warranty when they don't even entertain such minor defects after handing over? 

https://www.facebook.com/adeadeyeoyeo/posts/10154227158764790:0

Edited by supernightmare