Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sheer083

Absolook Interior Design

Read quite good review from here and other forums ... so we engaged Absolook for our 5rm bto ... project on going ... seems like every task also got problems ... or we unlucky always gets the inferior teams ...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just wana find out if this is true that theres no color choice for this?

wardrobe is walnut wood ish laminate ... wall is grey ... carpenter use white silicone sealant ... out of no where comes a white color ... 

both id and carpenter claim no brown silicone sealant ... ask if painter can paint grey over the silicone sealant ...

Screenshot_20180531-222045.jpg

On 11/22/2016 at 2:40 PM, jasminelin said:

Hi Jimmy,

OMG, must have missed your pm.

I am just sharing my experience with Absolook, My suggestion is to look for the popular ID in Absolook than being randomly assigned one.

Also human communication breakdown is not the only factor. 

Cheers,

Edited by serenee

go with Guo Liang if you go to Absolook, he was really great during the meetings I had with him! A lot of the reviews of Absolook mention him in a very positive light!

Hi 

We have visited the absolook at Jurong unit but the designer attended to us join the company fresh. Has no idea and questions raised to him. It was painful and we head the same office one month later and met a more experience designer. Well, he will shared with you on their package 18k quote with freebie if we signed up that day to get 10% off. After signed up, then we realise that the 18k has limited selection on type of materials, color...etc. After selected the preferred items, the package total become 35k. We have no choice since we have signed the deal and hope the renovation get it done smoothly. By the way, they are pushing for down light.....so we ended up have 25 down light. 

We realised that the company outsourced all the work, eg. Electrician to other sub vendor. Well it could be current practise. 

After 3 years with the unit, almost most of the cabinets hinge got rusted and few short circuit on the additional plugs. Well, we.knew the warranty has over and the designer also reluctant to entertained us, we found repair the socketa area and the experience eletricain shared that the company has done a lousy work on the wiring. 

Conclusion:

1. Dont look at the freebie. Discuss detail with the true costing especially it may exceeded your budget. 

2. They are not the best designer, they cannot advise us properly, but more of cut and paste design to show you. 

3. Do not use their painting work. Overpriced, they charge me $3.5k and after check with Homefix it can done by $2k with same prenium paint.

4. We also.ask designer to look at air con unit, we realise the installation not from.the absolook company and likely the designer outside partner and we paid $4k for 3units darkin and prenium tubing but it leaks aftrr 2 years and we cannot find the 'installer'. Go to any reputable store, gaincity or darkin distributor.more worth it. 

5. Our basin leaks also which is installed by absolook worker, after we repair it.,.realise crack line which should be due to installer but they did not man it or tell you. 

Lastly, paying high renovation price doesnt mean good quality. 

Good luck for all.

Pls do not engage them. They were previously good but not now. High turnover rate and your ID may just quit on you. End up your job taken over by others who couldn’t care less.

Forget about this absolook, my renovation was 4 years ago, all defects very prominent now. Toilet leaks from the basic they fit, the air con unit recommended by the ID, think he earn the commission directly from this chap, call to check my air con, they say u have to call direct to contractor to settle. I believe the designer earn extra without company know about it. Not professional and sweet talk alot and forget about the 3D drawing, full of bull****, they just cut and paste from others to the colour u like. Most important, they tell us is budget price 18k, but surely u will add on, because during the discussion, they will tell you this material lower grade ,and should  change here and there... eventually will be 2x the price. Do not get painting from them, they charged 2.8k ... think u can go nippon direct service.