Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sfk7

Administrative Charge

Hi all,

I've just received my keys to my 3 bedders and found out that to apply for permit for renovation works i have to give a sercurity deposit of $1000 and $100 as administrative charge.

While i can understand the security deposit I cant make myself believe that the management needs $100 as administrative charge other than a money sucking method.

So, is the administrative charge a normal practice or its just this condo's management practice?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my experience so far with 3 condos is that security deposit is a must but i've never encountered administrative charge though. it's probably your condo's management practice. Can ask them for black and white of the condo's house rules etc and see if it's stated

Yea my experience with another condo doesnt include admin charge too. Yes its in black and white in their handbook.

Guess thats the problem with boutique condo.

Any others with similar experience?

my experience so far with 3 condos is that security deposit is a must but i've never encountered administrative charge though. it's probably your condo's management practice. Can ask them for black and white of the condo's house rules etc and see if it's stated

Same here. Never had to pay an admin charge for any of the apts i renovated previously. Even the security deposit is usually not deposited/cashed by the managing agt/mc. Cheque is just held by them and returned to you aft renovation is done as long as no damage is done to the common property

Yea my experience with another condo doesnt include admin charge too. Yes its in black and white in their handbook.

Guess thats the problem with boutique condo.

Any others with similar experience?

May I know which boutique condo you are refering to. How many units?

Edited by bepgof

Blissville at kembangan. 18 units.

I suppose they need to supplement the maintenance or sinking fund. Look at it this way, As long as the money goes into the coffers to upkeep and maintain the development, then it's not really a bad thing. With 18 units they'll need to find alternative ways of raising money ways to upkeep the area.

Just TOP. Still under developer's management, no wonder.

Edited by bepgof

Hi

Yes i had to pay $100 ademin fee too. Reason being the developer has to station a security guard at the gate while renovation is going on at the apartment. Normally there's no guard as it's auto-gate system. Many of the contractors or the furniture movers may not access otherwise. At least that was what happened at my apartment.