Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tango81

$1550 For Professional Engineer For Wall Hack - Is It Expensive?

Hi people,

my contractor quoted me $1550 for professional engineering services for wall hacking. Is it expensive? Also, does the PE need to be on site during hacking? Thanks.

=)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi people,

my contractor quoted me $1550 for professional engineering services for wall hacking. Is it expensive? Also, does the PE need to be on site during hacking? Thanks.

=)

dont think its that expensive since the PE is involved.. make sure the wall is really hackable if not waste money

Hi people,

=)

is it HDB or private apartment?

I assume the price consists of engaging the PE and hacking the wall

Hi people,

=)

if the wall is load bearing, better dun hack, if not you do no need a PE to certify a normal brickwall.

if the wall is load bearing, better dun hack, if not you do no need a PE to certify a normal brickwall.

agreed, and PE dun hack the wall, they just submit the paper for approval (eg BCA).

mk

The PE is the one who certify the wall is non load bearing.

The PE is the one who certify the wall is non load bearing.

could you please advise where to find a PE? I need one for submission to authorities like BCA, LTA and probably URA as told by my contractor.

could you please advise where to find a PE? I need one for submission to authorities like BCA, LTA and probably URA as told by my contractor.

google professional engineers, select singaproe pages, should have information on PE.

go to peb.gov.sg .

look for civil pe . there are 1000+ in singapore.

$500 job.

in any case, u live in a big house? why must lta, bca, approval? as long as pe endorsed, than no need submission ..

It depends on how large a wall is being taken down.

The charges incurred will depend on the amount of debris to be removed. The more debris, the more you pay for the hacking & the disposal of the debris.

A neighbour who took down 2 panels of the walls (3ft by 7ft and 7ft by 7ft) 10 yrs ago, it cost him $1,200 but the workmanship was beautiful - we didn't really realise that those walls were taken down until he told us.

go to peb.gov.sg .

look for civil pe . there are 1000+ in singapore.

$500 job.

in any case, u live in a big house? why must lta, bca, approval? as long as pe endorsed, than no need submission ..

the PR recommended by my contractor quoted $2500 to endorse the building of a wall (using light bricks) to separate the space above the car porch canopy + boundary survey fees. Contractor quoted $3k for the wall. i noticed people next door is crossing over to my car porch canopy.

Also i would like to do an extension of walls from my back yard by 0.7m. i still have 2.5m of space left in the back yard. but the PE fees is $20K. do you think the price quoted for these jobs are market rates? i was hoping to be able to do with a lower price. Most PE companies i contacted from PEB are not interested in these type of work.