Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whitefantasy

Anyone Got Noise Problems With Your Panasonic Aircon?

Hi guys, my panasonic air con was installed about 4 months and now I faced problem whereas my master bedroom air con will give out some kind of smelly odour when I just switched it on. It will only go away about 30mins later. I had tried putting air freshener in my room but didn't help.

I call up the contractor who install my air con and also panasonic. Both told me that my house is not well ventilated hence the odour. Panasonic also told me that my air con comes with the ion function so no need to worry that I will be breathing in unpure air.

I was thinking for those office with no open window, they also cant ventilate the interior what. My wife and I do not eat inside the master bedroom. The other 2 bedroom air con did not have the odour though.

Anyone facing the same problem or have any solutions to my problem? Please help. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi guys, my panasonic air con was installed about 4 months and now I faced problem whereas my master bedroom air con will give out some kind of smelly odour when I just switched it on. It will only go away about 30mins later. I had tried putting air freshener in my room but didn't help.

I call up the contractor who install my air con and also panasonic. Both told me that my house is not well ventilated hence the odour. Panasonic also told me that my air con comes with the ion function so no need to worry that I will be breathing in unpure air.

I was thinking for those office with no open window, they also cant ventilate the interior what. My wife and I do not eat inside the master bedroom. The other 2 bedroom air con did not have the odour though.

Anyone facing the same problem or have any solutions to my problem? Please help. Thanks.

Hi, are you using the same model like me, non-inverter system 3?

Do you experience noise from your condenser unit?

For our case there is no odour when on for all 3 fancoil units.

I suspect your fancoil might hv mould that's why will got smell..... did you get panasonic to open up to check what causes the odour?

I have the same model as yours and it does have a very very very soft hummming its negligible. Maybe yours got issue and need some one to look @ it ?

I hv posted the sound of my condenser unit in operation, does yours sound like that too & does the sound spread into your room etc.?

Pls advise, thank you.

Edited by whitefantasy

sdc10003v.jpg

likely the odor come from the black blower.

can use touch light shine and check. you will see inside trap with moist dust caused odor smell.

Office central aircon will also have this problem if switched off at night and turned on the next working day. The reason why you dun smell it is the office aircon has been running for some time even before u step in. If u got chance ask ur facility guys open the ahu room let u see, chances are u see thick gray dust all stuck at the huge air filter. :/

Back to your odour problem, try cleaning the air filters once a week n see if the problem goes away. If not u may have to get someone do chemical cleaning on the cooling fins.

My compressor (condensing unit) humming/whinning sound is quite irritating that's why it will emit from the outside to the room.

Yes did get Panasonic technicians to check but they only insert some soft rubber paddings at the mounting but the sound problem still exist, no change at all.

Hmm it doesnt sound too bad from the clip you posted. Did the technicians assure you there was nothing wrong with the condensing unit?

Hmm it doesnt sound too bad from the clip you posted. Did the technicians assure you there was nothing wrong with the condensing unit?

Actually i had rent a room before master room they also install mitsubishi starmex System 3 non-inverter, I hear the noise from outside compressor runing.

All those condenser unit in HDB inside master room got existing opening for Aircon used plywood or cheap board to cover up.

but for my bed frame arrangement is ok didn't face directly or beside to the condenser corner so the noise will be reduce as much.

What I can do for every night when i sleep just switch on, on time for sleep.

Switch on 1 hr before to cooling down 1st.

I tried 3 hrs before to switch on after you may hear the compressor on & off it is getting worse to be accept the noisy vibration sound.

No choose lah for using non-inverter technology is used the very old system until now.

So I told myself for future must be buy inverter Aircon.

Edited by kimsim

Actually i had rent a room before master room they also install mitsubishi starmex System 3 non-inverter, I hear the noise from outside compressor runing.

All those condenser unit in HDB inside master room got existing opening for Aircon used plywood or cheap board to cover up.

but for my bed frame arrangement is ok didn't face directly or beside to the condenser corner so the noise will be reduce as much.

What I can do for every night when i sleep just switch on, on time for sleep.

Switch on 1 hr before to cooling down 1st.

I tried 3 hrs before to switch on after you may hear the compressor on & off it is getting worse to be accept the noisy vibration sound.

No choose lah for using non-inverter technology is used the very old system until now.

So I told myself for future must be buy inverter Aircon.

The reason why i choose non-inverter is b'cos i only on aircon for masterbedroom at night, the other 2 rooms very rarely & also i use Carrier brand the compressor noise will not amplifier into the room at all.

The carrier compressor sound pressure level is 52db & for panasonic the technician measure the sound pressure level for mine set is 70-75db. And for the indoor unit with medium fan speed is about 46-49db.

The continuous drumming & whinning sound from the compressor are definitely stressful for a good night rest!

Edited by whitefantasy

The drumming & whining sound will keep amplifier into the room, if u experience it u will know how i feel.

They never check if the compressor got anything wrong or not.

Yesterday they came to open the unit & just paste some sound proof insulation on the casing of the condensing unit inner walls but still the sound still exist.

If the problems really come from that, it should work but it did not. I suspect something faulty with the compressor itself and that's why it will create a lot of noise + vibration

strong enough to emit into our room.

The reason why i choose non-inverter is b'cos i only on aircon for masterbedroom at night, the other 2 rooms very rarely & also i use Carrier brand the compressor noise will not amplifier into the room at all.

The carrier compressor sound pressure level is 52db & for panasonic the technician measure the sound pressure level for mine set is 70-75db. And for the indoor unit with medium fan speed is about 46-49db.

The continuous drumming & whinning sound from the compressor are definitely stressful for a good night rest!

I can't imaging for outdoor unit sound dB at 70-75 wow.

Indoor unit for medium speed at 46-49 dB same like outdoor inverter single split unit.

How can be made that worse than The national models.

Like that for all those panasonic non-inverter model is never change compressor from previous models until now.

For me I really have sound sensitive, little bit noisy like fancoil got minor clicking or kor kor noise I will wake up and see what happen, and wait the sound is disappear then I can sleep as well.

Some time will be wake up and open fancoil cover to reputing back to be reduce the noise.

I can't imaging for outdoor unit sound dB at 70-75 wow.

Indoor unit for medium speed at 46-49 dB same like outdoor inverter single split unit.

How can be made that worse than The national models.

Like that for all those panasonic non-inverter model is never change compressor from previous models until now.

For me I really have sound sensitive, little bit noisy like fancoil got minor clicking or kor kor noise I will wake up and see what happen, and wait the sound is disappear then I can sleep as well.

Some time will be wake up and open fancoil cover to reputing back to be reduce the noise.

Yes i am also sound sensitive especially sleeping time i need quiet moments. The panasonic fancoil in my MBR sometimes if cut in & out got the p...p...p... like whistling sound. But when i press hard the fancoil cover the sound will be gone. But then it will come back again after a while when the compressor cut in & out.

It is that worse sound pressure level but the panasonic technicians keep saying it is normal?

The fancoil at my common room don't hv that p.p.p. sound when cut in & out.

I had not been sleeping well since day 1 the aircon being installed on 24/08/2010, so already 4 months so you can imagine how stressful. Most of the time i will need to stuff my ears with ear plugs in order to sleep. But ear plugs if use for long hours will make one ear very uncomfortable & painful.

Edited by whitefantasy

Yes i am also sound sensitive especially sleeping time i need quiet moments. The panasonic fancoil in my MBR sometimes if cut in & out got the p...p...p... like whistling sound. But when i press hard the fancoil cover the sound will be gone. But then it will come back again after a while when the compressor cut in & out.

It is that worse sound pressure level but the panasonic technicians keep saying it is normal?

The fancoil at my common room don't hv that p.p.p. sound when cut in & out.

I had not been sleeping well since day 1 the aircon being installed on 24/08/2010, so already 4 months so you can imagine how stressful.

I got idea can be solve.

Do you have rubber insulation like your Aircon piping insulation it is can be use to stick with double side tape.

So when your gas is cut on fancoil pastic cover connection joint clip not be noisy ppp sound.

It is very useful, when you Is free pls try it out.

I got idea can be solve.

Do you have rubber insulation like your Aircon piping insulation it is can be use to stick with double side tape.

So when your gas is cut on fancoil pastic cover connection joint clip not be noisy ppp sound.

It is very useful, when you Is free pls try it out.

Yes did stick the armaflex insulation in the middle of the fancoil cover but it did not solve.

Or maybe stick wrong area?

Yes did stick the armaflex insulation in the middle of the fancoil cover but it did not solve.

Or maybe stick wrong area?

U tried to stick at both clip area and center put thicken rubber to be touch to inside front cover.