Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rayfox

Should Id Be Involve In Furniture And Lighting Shopping?

hello

i will love to know the opinion of home owner that already or going to engage ID for design your place

whether ID should be involve in furniture and lighting shopping when home owner go shopping for these item

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hello

i will love to know the opinion of home owner that already or going to engage ID for design your place

whether ID should be involve in furniture and lighting shopping when home owner go shopping for these item

Hi, If no ID involve in furniture and lighting shopping, then home owner engage ID for what? We design their house that why they have to listen to our Professional opinion.

They have to listen to us and not we listen to them. :bangwall:

hello

I guess you will have to do your homework by checking out the various furniture

& lighting items that you like. If possible, take picutres of these items and show it to your ID. As ID will advise you whether these items will blend into your overall design.

Personally I bring my ID when buying my furniture & lighting items. Of cos it ourcall on the shops that we want to buy from.

Hope the above help & wish you a great renovation journey.

I guess you will have to do your homework by checking out the various furniture

& lighting items that you like. If possible, take picutres of these items and show it to your ID. As ID will advise you whether these items will blend into your overall design.

Personally I bring my ID when buying my furniture & lighting items. Of cos it ourcall on the shops that we want to buy from.

Hope the above help & wish you a great renovation journey.

We should bring ID or ID bring us to shopping?

It's better we bring ID to the shops that we like. But we must also do our homework by looking around at differnt shops for the furnitures and lightings before deciding on them. Plus we must work within our budget too.

Correct me if I am wrong, most ID or contractors get commission when they bring clients to their suppliers.

Hi, If no ID involve in furniture and lighting shopping, then home owner engage ID for what? We design their house that why they have to listen to our Professional opinion.

They have to listen to us and not we listen to them. :bangwall:

i think u are wrong , homeowner engage ID to oversee the renovation process and design of the carpentry of the place, furniture choice should still be the owner choice not id choice cuz the furniture the id do for 3 d is alway same o same o and copy here copy there and everyone furniture all turn out almost the same and place look like a ikea catalogue .

Is a compliment a few years back when people say your place look so ikea but not now .

ID here in singapore is just like a contractor that know how to draw not too sure bout the taste factor when come to decoration and furniture

Edited by rayfox

better u bring ID cuz if you are no budget , iD will pull a Davidgan , so long is branded is good stuff

hello

I'd suggest to fix a day for shopping with your ID and before that, do your homework to know the prices. An ID is likely to take you to their regular place (ID's have their preferred shops). Having the ID around will help you to look at things from overall design perspective - whether the items fit in. At least mine did help in that way and also knew when to recommend and when not to say more and they were open about it. Ultimately, its your home and even if you want to mess up the overall design done by the ID, then should let you do that.

Also, only pay a deposit first so that you can think about the items before purchasing them another day. Another good thing about purchasing things from ID's recommended place is that they'll coordinate the delivery or fix problems etc. Saves you time.

ID, yes.

Contractor, no.

those contractor but wif ID know-how, u decide if u can trust his taste and know-how.

as for bringing them along for shopping, i dun do that. cos if u bring them to some budget place, some of them will form a pre-conception in their mind tt nothing nice and design-worthy can come frm a budget place and hence, reject all ur choices frm tt place.

wat i do is i just take pics of the furnishings i like, show it to him, ask for his opinion.

but remember this, no matter wat, ur ID can suggest but ultimately, decision is yours.

I knw some IDs will insist on their choices. they're very insistent cos they want to feel very proud of their overall design. Others are more flexible and are able to accept owners' choices so long as the furnishings' designs and colours do not clash with the overall theme.

just bear this in mind when making ur individual choice against ur ID's recommendations: u spend tens of thousands of dollars engaging an ID to develop ur place, den u go out and spend a few thousands on a piece of furniture tt looks out of place in the overall scheme of things. a bit penny-wise, pound-foolish rite? spending a few Ks to "destroy, disrupt" tens of Ks of design work.

ID, yes.

Contractor, no.

those contractor but wif ID know-how, u decide if u can trust his taste and know-how.

as for bringing them along for shopping, i dun do that. cos if u bring them to some budget place, some of them will form a pre-conception in their mind tt nothing nice and design-worthy can come frm a budget place and hence, reject all ur choices frm tt place.

wat i do is i just take pics of the furnishings i like, show it to him, ask for his opinion.

but remember this, no matter wat, ur ID can suggest but ultimately, decision is yours.

I knw some IDs will insist on their choices. they're very insistent cos they want to feel very proud of their overall design. Others are more flexible and are able to accept owners' choices so long as the furnishings' designs and colours do not clash with the overall theme.

just bear this in mind when making ur individual choice against ur ID's recommendations: u spend tens of thousands of dollars engaging an ID to develop ur place, den u go out and spend a few thousands on a piece of furniture tt looks out of place in the overall scheme of things. a bit penny-wise, pound-foolish rite? spending a few Ks to "destroy, disrupt" tens of Ks of design work.

If you want to go with your ID, you should choose the shops. ID's will choose stores where they can get a commission, you may end up paying more.

some shops give ID special discounts... so you may even save money.

May be they Make up the price high high then give special discount, for show only la? if can give special discount to ID, why dont special discount to all walk in customer to get more business? :)

personally I prefer choosing my own furnishing to match the theme of the flat. ID basically is to help, design, color matching and give ideas/advice... Nowadays lightings are very modern. unlike older days.. With all the basic design of downlights... Led lights and sophiscated crystal lightings nuthing will go wrong. All need to do is to let the ID knows that colors has been choosen for your furnitures and lightings.. Too much of people tagging along shopping and giving advice mights end up complicated and delimma. Overall the house is yours not the ID. :) just my point of view

personally I prefer choosing my own furnishing to match the theme of the flat. ID basically is to help, design, color matching and give ideas/advice... Nowadays lightings are very modern. unlike older days.. With all the basic design of downlights... Led lights and sophiscated crystal lightings nuthing will go wrong. All need to do is to let the ID knows that colors has been choosen for your furnitures and lightings.. Too much of people tagging along shopping and giving advice mights end up complicated and delimma. Overall the house is yours not the ID. :) just my point of view

totally agree

i shop myself without my contractor. i think it is better, feel awkward with someone tagging along and keep looking out for them. LOL