Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Maximus

Query On Standard Costs

Hi all .. i am in the process of getting quotations from a few ID firms and while i think that there could be a significant price difference in design as well as material usage, i dont think basic or rather essential works can have too much of a price difference. Can anyone here help me with the following questions?:-

• Hacking of tiles: Is there a per square foot rate for hacking? I want to hack the floor tiles as well as wall tiles in my 2 bathrooms as well as kitchen. What should this cost me?
  • Waterproofing membrane: Same question as above: Is there a per square feet rate for this? I thought there is no difference in the waterproofing membrane itself that different IDs propose. Is that correct?
  • Doors: What are the typical rates for a solid plywood plain door with laminate along with door frame? If i am being quoted 800$ for this, is it acceptable? What about louvre doors - any reliable place to get them at a good cost? I am thinking of buying the doors myself and supplying to ID as his costs are quite high.
  • Haulage and clearing of debris: I thought this too was more or less a standard price under $500-$600 for private property. I have been quoted about $1200 which i thought was outrageously high.
  • GST: Is it possible for ID firms to waive the GST?

I am looking to renovate my condo unit of 3 bedroom + Study which is about 1550 sqft. I have seen on various threads that a lot of people have benefited from valuable advice in the forum. I hope i can receive similar guidance too. Thanks a lot.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

A GST-registered company can charge GST, which is usually reflected on the contract.

However, if the actual contract does not state or put GST, then it is implied that no GST is due by the customer. Consequently, any GST charges will be borne by the company itself. There is no recourse for the company to demand for GST payment after you have signed the contract (which does not include GST).

A GST-registered company can charge GST, which is usually reflected on the contract.

However, if the actual contract does not state or put GST, then it is implied that no GST is due by the customer. Consequently, any GST charges will be borne by the company itself. There is no recourse for the company to demand for GST payment after you have signed the contract (which does not include GST).

Thanks for your info - helpful to know. Any insights on the other queries, ref hacking and retiling costs?

Hi all .. i am in the process of getting quotations from a few ID firms and while i think that there could be a significant price difference in design as well as material usage, i dont think basic or rather essential works can have too much of a price difference. Can anyone here help me with the following questions?:-

• Hacking of tiles: Is there a per square foot rate for hacking? I want to hack the floor tiles as well as wall tiles in my 2 bathrooms as well as kitchen. What should this cost me? Yes and No. Some counted by psf, some counted as 1 lump sum. The hacking cost should be ard $1800. Haulage and debris another charges. Dismantling existing cabinet, wardrobe, etc...another cost.
  • Waterproofing membrane: Same question as above: Is there a per square feet rate for this? I thought there is no difference in the waterproofing membrane itself that different IDs propose. Is that correct? No rate for that.
  • Doors: What are the typical rates for a solid plywood plain door with laminate along with door frame? If i am being quoted 800$ for this, is it acceptable? Yes. What about louvre doors - any reliable place to get them at a good cost? I am thinking of buying the doors myself and supplying to ID as his costs are quite high. That is but in the end, it may cost more than the ID quoted u. eg. $450 included everything. U buy yourself, time, transportation, then the door maker only supply, u need to delivery the door yourself, then installation fee, hinges, lock, stopper and finally painting.
  • Haulage and clearing of debris: I thought this too was more or less a standard price under $500-$600 for private property. I have been quoted about $1200 which i thought was outrageously high. That's really depend on the amount of works you are doing. And also your unit is it on lift level or the loading bay is far from your unit.
  • GST: Is it possible for ID firms to waive the GST? No. Cos GST is no for them. But they can give discount.

I am looking to renovate my condo unit of 3 bedroom + Study which is about 1550 sqft. I have seen on various threads that a lot of people have benefited from valuable advice in the forum. I hope i can receive similar guidance too. Thanks a lot.

Condo unit is usually more expensive than HDB because of the the timing, management, the tiles are all dropped outside the condo and need to carry it to the job site.