Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zkx1325

Switches, Sockets --> Avoid Precept Electrical, Go To Choo Chiang!

For those who are looking for switches & sockets etc, DO NOT go to Precept Electrical.

[Chinese: 必胜]

[http://www.precept.com.sg/switches_and_accessories.html]

[Especially the Toh Guan Branch]

My Contractor called me to go buy some switches & sockets for my flat. I was thinking of going to Choo Chiang all along, but since he recommended me to go Precept, I just went there.

After buying all the stuff, when my contractor was installing the stuff, he realised all my 3-gang switches were 2-way instead of just 1-way. Apparently, bcos I had chosen MK brand, all MK's 3-gang switches are 2-way and the salesperson did not even tell me anything when I was buying the stuff! To think that that salesperson even asked me whether I wanted Hager or MK in the beginning.

My point is that, the salesperson could have warned me about this, but he did not and made me pay for something that I didn't need. Perhaps he knew I am a newbie at this and he just chopped me.

And as I'm going to buy more switches, I called Choo Chiang today for a price comparison and I realised Choo Chiang's prices are lower! Should have just gone to Choo Chiang from the start. >:|

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

To be fair I think we as enduser also need to know what we are buying. If my electrician recommends a place to buy items I would have asked him to come along but that does not mean I have to buy from them.

I would still do price comparsion with my regular shop.

PS - We are not born carrot, choice is always our. (Research + leg work = Save money)

No offence intended.

For those who are looking for switches & sockets etc, DO NOT go to Precept Electrical.

[Chinese: 必胜]

[http://www.precept.com.sg/switches_and_accessories.html]

[Especially the Toh Guan Branch]

My Contractor called me to go buy some switches & sockets for my flat. I was thinking of going to Choo Chiang all along, but since he recommended me to go Precept, I just went there.

After buying all the stuff, when my contractor was installing the stuff, he realised all my 3-gang switches were 2-way instead of just 1-way. Apparently, bcos I had chosen MK brand, all MK's 3-gang switches are 2-way and the salesperson did not even tell me anything when I was buying the stuff! To think that that salesperson even asked me whether I wanted Hager or MK in the beginning.

My point is that, the salesperson could have warned me about this, but he did not and made me pay for something that I didn't need. Perhaps he knew I am a newbie at this and he just chopped me.

And as I'm going to buy more switches, I called Choo Chiang today for a price comparison and I realised Choo Chiang's prices are lower! Should have just gone to Choo Chiang from the start. >:|

Yeah agree. I usu do price comparisons but I'm too lazy to do price comparison for every single thing. Just wished that all salespeople were honest people and gave honest advice. Some salespeople just wanna close deals and earn money, which is a sad way to do business.

Lucky thing is that this sort of thing dont come up to hundreds of dollars.

To be fair I think we as enduser also need to know what we are buying. If my electrician recommends a place to buy items I would have asked him to come along but that does not mean I have to buy from them.

I would still do price comparsion with my regular shop.

PS - We are not born carrot, choice is always our. (Research + leg work = Save money)

No offence intended.

Choo Chiang is always the best place to go for all your lighting needs. ;)

i agree...after most of the review...i hardly see any negative review on them...list down all my socket switches needed and went down on friday morning....i think price quite standard....no bargain....quite reasonable...suprise to buy the door chime at 15dollars cheaper than some of the forummers bought in year 2008....

Choo Chiang is always the best place to go for all your lighting needs. ;)

The problem is Choo Chiang is always very crowded (at least the AMK branch) and there is practically no

queuing system etc. You can wait there and others will just come and shouted stuffs that they want and

they will be served next...

Anyone know of any Choo Chiang branch that is less crowded and more organise ?

The problem is Choo Chiang is always very crowded (at least the AMK branch) and there is practically no

queuing system etc. You can wait there and others will just come and shouted stuffs that they want and

they will be served next...

Anyone know of any Choo Chiang branch that is less crowded and more organise ?

visited the geylang, rowell and toh guan outlets.

toh guan is the best among them, more spacious to browse and staff are very knowledgable.

staff will help u to get one sample of your selected switch, powerpoint, casings, etc. Then proceed to sit down at table and then u tell him how many u want. More organised. Went there multiple times to get supplies as electrician keep adding things...

rowell is ok, but somehow staff that attended to me was unsure of things like what is a 1 to 2 connector for tv wire... which should be very common. End up the staff have to consult his "senior" on everything, so it took me a long time to get just a few items. Just my luck to meet an inexperienced staff. The good thing is they are open on sundays. :)

geylang is the worst....i went to ask prices, but staff not friendly. Maybe becos they are busy with unloading of goods at that time? Went once and never again. To avoid in my opinion as its the most "unfriendly for retail customers". Maybe more suitable for electricians who do not need to ask any questions.

Prices are definitely cheaper than elsewhere, a white MK double power point goes for $3.50 there. Its selling at $5.50 at normal hardware shops. I called up a few MK distributors to ask for pricing and choo chiang ones are the lowest.