Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Can you ask the mgmt to stop them from entering the condo, i assume ?

Also.. I think chaining the gates is good idea. I think locksmith may or may not unlock for them, if they smell something fishy. In any case, if you lock them out for a few times, they will eventually wants to settle the matter with you. Cos' locksmith trips also not cheap. The rental is only for 6mths. They may have already plan not to pay you in the first place.

Edited by Jgal

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My TA stated that after 7 days of no payment, I have right to re-entry of premises and terminate the TA.

Legal action too costly & time consuming. Locking gate and throwing things out "unlawful".

Follow what is written in TA(above) and ask them out on last day. Standby by all valid papers & ask help from police if they refuse to vacant on last day. Be prepared to drag for the whole day till very tire.

Sure tenants'll ask for leniency on last day, to stay for a few more days.....you know what to do lah

Notes:

1. These tenants' skin are thick and in financial desperation, out to "makan" landlords.

2. Police's skin are very "feasible", "taichi" master, want to be goodman, don't want to be badman. Only in "criminal" situation theys then "bopian".

3. Make sure your skin are the most thickier.

Edited by bepgof

Legal action too costly & time consuming. Locking gate and throwing things out "unlawful".

Follow what is written in TA(above) and ask them out on last day. Standby by all valid papers & ask help from police if they refuse to vacant on last day. Be prepared to drag for the whole day till very tire.

Sure tenants'll ask for leniency on last day, to stay for a few more days.....you know what to do lah

Notes:

1. These tenants' skin are thick and in financial desperation, out to "makan" landlords.

2. Police's skin are very "feasible", "taichi" master, want to be goodman, don't want to be badman. Only in "criminal" situation theys then "bopian".

3. Make sure your skin are the most thickier.

Will policy help in this case?

- bring some :sport-smiley-003: men with you on "last day", to show your "strength", make sure tenants are inside house during such. Just "show" only, don't "act" first hor.

- Only "act" to bring their belongs to void deck, with police/neighbours as witness, when "talk" fails.

- You have every rights to get them "out", you act according to what's written on TA.

Edited by bepgof

When dealing with such tenants, policy doesn't help. Issue the final notice, change the lock & chain up the grille when deadline is met. Don't be soft-hearted when they try to negotiate, just refund the deposit (if any, after deducting all necessary) & get them out. Don't worry that you are dealing with these rogues alone, just stand firm on the TA terms. Btw, what happen to the agent who brought in these tenants for you?

When dealing with such tenants, policy doesn't help. Issue the final notice, change the lock & chain up the grille when deadline is met. Don't be soft-hearted when they try to negotiate, just refund the deposit (if any, after deducting all necessary) & get them out. Don't worry that you are dealing with these rogues alone, just stand firm on the TA terms. Btw, what happen to the agent who brought in these tenants for you?

Agent want try to call the tenants, but they didn't answer. She also doesn't know what to do.

How about calling the Agent's HQ? If she is representing ERA, u could call up ERA.

I'm not sure if the police will act on throwing them out unless there is a court order. I had the idea this is a civil case, unless somebody is hurt or injured as a result of violence, then they will step in.

U need not be scared of these tenants; and also forfeit their deposit. Don't need to return them a single cent. Otherwise, what's the clause for orfeiture of the deposit in the TA for?

I had the idea that since it's a legal tender document, it should be there to protect the landlord & tenants' interest.

Edited by edenstrauss

How about calling the Agent's HQ? If she is representing ERA, u could call up ERA.

I'm not sure if the police will act on throwing them out unless there is a court order. I had the idea this is a civil case, unless somebody is hurt or injured as a result of violence, then they will step in.

U need not be scared of these tenants; and also forfeit their deposit. Don't need to return them a single cent. Otherwise, what's the clause for orfeiture of the deposit in the TA for?

I had the idea that since it's a legal tender document, it should be there to protect the landlord & tenants' interest.

Yes, it is a good idea. I may try to call agent HQ. Thanks.

Yes, it is a good idea. I may try to call agent HQ. Thanks.

I'm 99.99% sure your precious time, mouth fluid, energy will be wasted, furthermore, will get your mood agitated if calling the agency for help/advise. You will get yourself involved in a pin-ball game and eventually landed in "original destination".

If kindhearted enough, standby contacts list of professional movers and taxi companies, pass to them if they say they have no tranpsortation, on that day.

When calling police, just tell them a commotion is taking place....

Edited by bepgof

Going thru legal will take a while. and cost some money.... if you win, you can claim damages.... and provided they pay up....

Police cannot really help unless you suspect something going on in the house... my case involves foreign workers and students, so called police to check to ensure no overstayers.... so got a police report.

Then went subcourt to apply for eviction order...but was told i should get a lawyer, so dun want to waste$ and time.

I just wrote a letter to INFORM the tenant that i am terminating the TA due to their breaches to the TA. And I gave them 7 days to pay the outstanding dues. If they pay the dues + the last month, i will give them the full one month to move out, else, i will just lock up the place. I sent them via registered mail, hand delivered and paste on the door.

To show them i meant what i said in the letter, i brought the chains and padlocks ( chain to the gate for them to see i am **** serious).

But when you lock make sure no one in. And if you need to go into the house, make sure you can police, else tenants can turn around and say their 20kg of Gold bars missing, then you get yourself into trouble.. be careful, I know this is your house and should have all rights to enter... be careful of implications...

luckily they moved out.... but he brought 2 ang kongs to demand for return of deposit... i said "NO"... and told the ang kongs this is already a police case, dun get involved... whew... good riddance!

Good luck to your case. Be firm, if they want to negotiate, they follow your rules to play the game.... else, just stick to your terms and rules... dun be soft, if you let them bend your rules, they will repeat again and again.

take care.

What do you mean evict them personally?

What do you mean evict them personally?

Actually, I meant it as, in my personal opinion, it would be best to evict them asap.

Once you have served them the lawyer's letter, you have a right to ask them to leave if they haven't paid by the deadline. However it may not be wise to confront them yourself. Good if you can have some big guys with you (your uncle, brother, etc also can) while you ask the tenant to leave. Be prepared to call the police if they kick up a fuss.

Good luck!

I'm 99.99% sure your precious time, mouth fluid, energy will be wasted, furthermore, will get your mood agitated if calling the agency for help/advise. You will get yourself involved in a pin-ball game and eventually landed in "original destination".

If kindhearted enough, standby contacts list of professional movers and taxi companies, pass to them if they say they have no tranpsortation, on that day.

When calling police, just tell them a commotion is taking place....

Agree with bepgof. Agents in this type of situation won't want to get their hands dirty. They'll probably tell you something like their responsibility ends once they find the tenant for you, and anything that happens afterwards is btw you and the tenant. Hope you don't end up fuming mad after speaking to them....

I was told that wef 1 Jan 2011, landlords would need to sign an exclusive agreement with their property agents before the agents could kick off any search for tenants.

So does that mean that they would provide aftersales service if things go wrong? :unsure:

I was told that wef 1 Jan 2011, landlords would need to sign an exclusive agreement with their property agents before the agents could kick off any search for tenants.

So does that mean that they would provide aftersales service if things go wrong? :unsure:

Is this true? How come got this type of rule that does not put customer first?

is it true? i heard some need u sign don't know what agreement leh? The commission is it 50% or 100%? u can post at rentinsingapore and pay $5 to receive PM.