Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jackohy

Toilet Bi-fold Door

anyone using PD door? we'd be using it for our new home & ID quoted us $320 each door...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I got no pic but I'm also installing pd door for my both toilets. It's really quite cool and neat.

Hi

Anyone got pic for PD Doors & PD Divider installed ? Care to share pls ! Thx

Hi, you can try the PD door website... http://www.pddoor.com/

They have quite a fair bit of pictures for reference....

Yes..Thx. ............. I've browse thru their website.. just wondering any forumers here installed the PD Divider or PD Door could share their experiences.... Thinking to install divider for my study room :)

hi, i have no first hand experience but have already placed the order for 1 set of toilet doors :)

this is based on my fren and ID recommendation.....

and since they are PSB tested, should be quite reliable

I'm using PD door.

Only complaint is that door frame a bit light. As my place is quite windy, the wind will normally blow and shut the room partially. In the end I install those metal hooks to prevent the door from closing

Was just at my frens place for christmas celebration.

I had some problem pulling out the PD door when i went to the loo.

Not too sure if its just a one off occurrence. To be fair, theirs is a rented place and all guys staying there, so stuff are not so well maintain.

Maybe other homeowners with the PD doors are okay.

=)

Happy New Year!

hi garion, may i ask what was the quote you got from your ID on the PD door installation?

hi, i have no first hand experience but have already placed the order for 1 set of toilet doors :)

this is based on my fren and ID recommendation.....

and since they are PSB tested, should be quite reliable

hi garion, may i ask what was the quote you got from your ID on the PD door installation?

hi, i was quoted 320 for my MBR toilet toilet PD door... can choose design for 4 panels.... left top, left bottom, right top right bottom....(more expensive if want more complicated design)

using normal top hung bifold for common toilet @ 250....

hi, i was quoted 320 for my MBR toilet toilet PD door... can choose design for 4 panels.... left top, left bottom, right top right bottom....(more expensive if want more complicated design)

where do you get the bifold door?

would top hung be better than normal bifold door with bottom tracks?

in terms of durability and keeping out water from seeping out at the door base...?

one contractor quote me top hung and normal bifold as same price, another said top hung

more ex...whilst another advise not to get pddoor coz more ex and spare parts hard to find when spoil...

YNWA,

El Nino

got my pd door for $308 each with 6 panels, design in the middle.. 1 yr warranty as quoted by them.. due to lack of space in the toilets thus have to use pd door..

would top hung be better than normal bifold door with bottom tracks?

in terms of durability and keeping out water from seeping out at the door base...?

one contractor quote me top hung and normal bifold as same price, another said top hung

more ex...whilst another advise not to get pddoor coz more ex and spare parts hard to find when spoil...

YNWA,

El Nino

My experience:

PD door is trendy, the 'in thing', and expensive. Normal pd door with simple plain design is about $270, the frame is fixed and the center board and sub frames can be custom made (plug and play, i.e you can choose the design you want, with different material). The web above give a price breakdown depending on what you want.

Usage:

Take note that this door is thin, and got only top track. Very light weight, saves space cos can slide by half, then swing 180 degrees where a normal bi fold door cannot. The 180 degree swing is what that makes me decide to use pd door as I thot can save some space, but in the end, not able to use the 180 degree swing due to the small toilet... LPPL.

PD door has got no bottom track, looks very sleek, but you have to be very careful everytime you open or close the pd door. Trust me, at times, you tends to be a bit violent, and at times when the wind is strong, you will hear slamming. Yes, they've tested at least 150000 times opening and closure, but this is machine testing with gentle and routine movement, human control in this case will not be as constant. Mine installed for 1 year plus, condition aleady not so good, cos swinging and sliding not so smooth liao. Also, if u r making business in the toilet and someone (guest, relatives) is in the house, wanting to use the toilet, a small push will make the bottom gap widen, so when you are doing big business, u dun feel secure. Whoahahahaaaa....

So there are pros and cons for both pd an bi fold door. Price wise, depend on individual. For me, still haven't decide what door to use for my new house...

One more thing, never use PD door or sliding glass door for shower area, we bath everyday, and these joints, frames, etc will have algae build up where u can't really reach and clean them.... swing glass or even curtains is the most practical.

Just my 5cents worth. Cheers.

Edited by ernieliew75