Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Buyerfish

Seller Play Tricks?

HI,

I bought a hse, but when i confirm wan to sign the OTP and give 4K cheque, seller keep given reason of oversaeas not in sg, only monday 11PM at home, if we wan to sign pls come in 11pm, or only thursday they whole day off, thursday is the last day of expired day of the OTP exessive day.

Have anyone oso face a same stituation w me, whether the seller wan to drag the selling time or moving time, we don no. but we feel very unhappy when we wan to sign tis and tat before the exessive expired then seller give alot of reason.

my relative stay near the block, they go and check then discover that the seller actually not going to overseas, and whole day stay at home. then we call out agent our agent said the seller agent said they overseas so my agent can do nothing.

1)tell me at this case, my agent shld need to do wht?

2)and myself need to avoid any playing trick by tis seller how to avoid?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
HI,

I bought a hse, but when i confirm wan to sign the OTP and give 4K cheque, seller keep given reason of oversaeas not in sg, only monday 11PM at home, if we wan to sign pls come in 11pm, or only thursday they whole day off, thursday is the last day of expired day of the OTP exessive day.

Have anyone oso face a same stituation w me, whether the seller wan to drag the selling time or moving time, we don no. but we feel very unhappy when we wan to sign tis and tat before the exessive expired then seller give alot of reason.

my relative stay near the block, they go and check then discover that the seller actually not going to overseas, and whole day stay at home. then we call out agent our agent said the seller agent said they overseas so my agent can do nothing.

maybe they are not intending to sell the flat afterall, and want to makan ur 1k?

maybe they are not intending to sell the flat afterall, and want to makan ur 1k?

unless we reject then the 1K forfeit. But if the seller reject the seller will bear all the fine to us and governemt.

HI,

1. You said you signed OTP already, see this

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...st&p=593800

2. You said your OTP expires on 6/12/10, see this

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...st&p=593816

What is what ???

1. You said you signed OTP already, see this

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...st&p=593800

2. You said your OTP expires on 6/12/10, see this

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...st&p=593816

What is what ???

yes, 1000k OTP sign. But 4K execceive OTP haven't sign.

yes excessive expired ths week.

why u copy the messange before? if u don't do anything please don make our forum topic messy. people is on help and not free to do back search on people background.

if u so free to search pls go to others pages. ok.

has the 1k check debited from ur account? if not, can withold the payment?

Yes we give them the cash cheque already done and now is pending for the 4K deposit.

this was the first time we purchase house in sg. so everything still fresh to us.

yes, 1000k OTP sign. But 4K execceive OTP haven't sign.

yes excessive expired ths week.

There is ONLY one type of OPTION TO PURCHASE.

If you don't sign OTP and present $4k to seller today by 2359hr, your ealier $1K paid will go into seller's pocket.

why u copy the messange before? if u don't do anything please don make our forum topic messy. people is on help and not free to do back search on people background.

Ya, I'm very free.

Edited by godloveyou

Yes we give them the cash cheque already done and now is pending for the 4K deposit.

this was the first time we purchase house in sg. so everything still fresh to us.

if u still cannot contact seller and/or his agent after OTP lapses, make a police report with your copy of the signed OTP receipt (that includes ur seller name/NRIC as well as the seller agent's name/NRIC) as proof. there are cheating cases of sellers pocketing the 1k and run road w/o the intention to complete the sale transaction.

You said they are around at home, not overseas as mentioned by the agent. So is your agent or seller agent lying?

Why don;t u pay seller a visit directly? Clarify your doubts with seller directly.

ur agent should help you to pass the cheque and the otp to the owner or their agent. it is their responsibility to get the otp sign once you agree to give the 4k. tell ur agent to refund u the 1k if he make u miss the boat....log a formal complain to CEA if you felt the agent/owner cheated u....

It's very obvious that the seller is out to cheat the buyer in this case. It's in your own interest that u pester them until they give in and sign the OTP form. If not, make a big hoohah and paste posters like what the loansharks do and make them embarassed. Just joking, don't think the Police can do much in this this type of case. Seller will just say go and report lah. They will repeat the ruse over and over again. HDB and SPF are very slow in reacting to such situations. Buyers just blame themselves for the bad luck and just move on. It's not worth wasting time and effort for such a scenario.

Sorry Buyerfish but what you are writing is a little difficult to understand. I am sure we can all appreciate that English may not be a posters first language but you need to understand that some people may need to clarify things from time to time if they are not clear and you should not get upset when they try to do so.

There is ONLY one type of OPTION TO PURCHASE.

If you don't sign OTP and present $4k to seller today by 2359hr, your ealier $1K paid will go into seller's pocket.

As most people are aware, the option to purchase has two stages, the initial purchase and the excise of the option. Just by looking at the amounts mentioned by Buyerfish, most people can work out what they are trying to get over.

To get back to the initial question.

Call your agent and go there at 11pm to excise the option. Make sure someone is with you who has a mobile phone with video facility so if the owner starts to make excuses then video it. Make sure your agent and their agent are also in the video so they cannot claim they were not there. Take the video with you when you file the police report. Make it available when complaining to HDB and to the agents companies. People commonly act very differently in front of a camera.

RB