Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shalom73

Few Pieces Of My Laminate Flooring Has Popped Out

Hi,

I noticed recently that a few pieces of laminate flooring has popped out in my common bedroom. I'm wondering what are the option for me? I am trying to avoid relaying the laminate flooring if possible.

Cheers

Bernard

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Do u mean to say that those few laminated tiles have came off on their own?

Is it possible for you to contact ur reno contractor to get them to replace those tiles or re-tile the existing ones that loosen out?

The laminated tiles popped by itself, not sure if it's because of water. I'm weighing the cost of repair vs relay. Do you know any contractor that does both repair and relay?

Do u mean to say that those few laminated tiles have came off on their own?

Is it possible for you to contact ur reno contractor to get them to replace those tiles or re-tile the existing ones that loosen out?

The laminated tiles popped by itself, not sure if it's because of water. I'm weighing the cost of repair vs relay. Do you know any contractor that does both repair and relay?

how long are the laminates installed?

please correct me if I'm wrong in saying this: I thought that laminated flooring has a lifetime warranty, as in, free replacement of tiles?

:unsure:

My sister got hers without any warranty becox the laminated flooring was thrown into her reno package for free. And she claimed that her tiles r damaged after she mopped over with some detergent! And that there's no cure to it once that layer of resin (or is it plastic) on the tile is damaged.

Edited by edenstrauss

please correct me if I'm wrong in saying this: I thought that laminated flooring has a lifetime warranty, as in, free replacement of tiles?

:unsure:

My sister got hers without any warranty becox the laminated flooring was thrown into her reno package for free. And she claimed that her tiles r damaged after she mopped over with some detergent! And that there's no cure to it once that layer of resin (or is it plastic) on the tile is damaged.

While most laminate suppliers give warranty for replacement of defective ones, the workmanship cost has to be borne by owner in most cases.

As this is a resale house which we bought, the owner has migrated so I won't know who is the contractor...unless there is some way for me to find out. Can someone advice?

I really need to fix the floor...

While most laminate suppliers give warranty for replacement of defective ones, the workmanship cost has to be borne by owner in most cases.

As this is a resale house which we bought, the owner has migrated so I won't know who is the contractor...unless there is some way for me to find out. Can someone advice?

I really need to fix the floor...

check with ur agent (if u have one) who helped u. some real-estate companies provide some warranty against defects of existing condition after 2nd appt complete. and u only pay for their transport to get pple come and survey and make good FOC.

We shifted into this unit coming to 4 years. When we first shifted in, things are good. I believe over the years, the damage was done. My agent is my brother-in-law...I will try to check with him...but don't pin much hope cos it's already 4 years since the sale.

Can someone kindly advice me on my repair option in the market?

Thanks.

check with ur agent (if u have one) who helped u. some real-estate companies provide some warranty against defects of existing condition after 2nd appt complete. and u only pay for their transport to get pple come and survey and make good FOC.

if the laminates are already a few years old, even if u get similar looking ones, it may appear weird as the colour would be different...also, if u replace a few pieces this time, what if next month another few pops up?

a better choice is to remove the old laminates and put new ones. maybe can take the chance to do some minor works to liven up your place?

laying of laminates can be done in a day for most cases, many laminate companies self advertise on this forum, so u have really no lack of options. :)

I did Supreme for mine 10yrs back, and the laminates popped out too. And I went back to them. Asking them to replace. They say because the designs are so old already, they are obselete design. Ask me why dont relay....faint

HAHA, i was thinking to myself. Give 10 or 20yrs warranty also no use. What matters is will you still have the same design of laminates after 2 decades? These warranty sometimes very gimmicks. So now, when I look for laminates, they tell me 15yrs warranty. I ask them this question and they have nothing to say.

I did Supreme for mine 10yrs back, and the laminates popped out too. And I went back to them. Asking them to replace. They say because the designs are so old already, they are obselete design. Ask me why dont relay....faint

HAHA, i was thinking to myself. Give 10 or 20yrs warranty also no use. What matters is will you still have the same design of laminates after 2 decades? These warranty sometimes very gimmicks. So now, when I look for laminates, they tell me 15yrs warranty. I ask them this question and they have nothing to say.

Agree! Warranties are Craps. The best warranty as someone mentioned here before, is having the right product and not having to call in for the warranty at all.