Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Djd

Resale Flat At Woodlands St11

My brother exercise the option to purchase a unit in woodlands st11. Mr seller took the $5k deposit, Mrs seller said she didn't sign the doucument. Seller agent failed to witness mrs seller signature, but there are two signatures. Legal fees is going to cost alot of money. Anyone know of a good and not too expensive lawyer fees who can help.

We should expose this couple so that they cannot continue to hurt other buyer.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My brother exercise the option to purchase a unit in woodlands st11. Mr seller took the $5k deposit, Mrs seller said she didn't sign the doucument. Seller agent failed to witness mrs seller signature, but there are two signatures. Legal fees is going to cost alot of money. Anyone know of a good and not too expensive lawyer fees who can help.

We should expose this couple so that they cannot continue to hurt other buyer.

Sounds like someone forged Mrs seller's signature then. In which case, that person could be in a heap of trouble.

Just make police report. Must be the husband forging the wife's signature on the OTP form.

To make a police report means we are asking for the Money back and then the contract will be void then my brother would hv no house to stay as he already sold the house. The police said it has to be the wife to report if she think is her Hubby forge her signature. The Indian couple given us alot of problem.

We are taking legal action but is going to cost us alot. We also seek mp for help and see how it goes. The seller agent did not witness the wife signatory, neligent from the seller agent.

Your agent a green horn?

On buyers part, please sign the OTP with the presence of all party. Meaning, sellers(husband & wife), buyers(husband & wife), seller's agent and buyer's agent, that's what happened when i bought my resale.

what does your brother want to achieve by going to court ?

Hopefully, he get the house ?!? Actually, even otp also need to go to court liao.. dun know how long he will then get the flat..... :| 1 yr or 2 yrs..

I think that he shld report to police and hopefully get back the 5k. Report as cheats for cahoot to cheat your bro of 5k deposit. Police are all the same.. they want/hope that you could to settle yourself..

In the meantime, look for another flat since he urgently need to move on. going to the lawyer may cost more than 5k .. and possiblities that the couple dun have $$ to pay you back later.

Edited by Jgal

shucks.. sounds like a bad case, and a similiar one like mine.

For us, not that bad cos we have our parents place to stay in.

Ask lawyer contacts from ur agent cos they usually have some to come in handy.

That said, we din pursue further cos, it was lengthy process, and i really hate to talk to the seller by that time. Even if u give me the house, i also feel that it is quite unlucky with all the quarrels.

But by what i researched, the seller has to pay u ur additional cost meaning if u get their place at 400K then found a similiar place for 450K, they have to pay u 50K. ALso, if he goes out to rent, they have to pay his rental.

All the best

The seller rent out the whole unit and mrs seller said she is in malaysia during that period. Mr seller took the document and said he will pass it to his wife to sign. My brother agent also didn't see who sign the document. Sad to say that people take things for granted, don't bother or think there are no bad people around. My brother has used this old couple agent for the last purchase and trusted his agent will do his job right. Both seller agent and buyer agent are so careless. This unit was force to sell by Hdb as the seller can't service the loan. So everyone thought that nothing wrong will happen. Now mrs seller said their agent force her Hubby to sell unit. And she even send a letter to appeal to keep the unit and said their agent, our agent and my brother threaten her.

My bro and my parents sold both their units to buy a EA to stay together, two families affected. We are seeking help from MP also. We just hope this deal went thru. My bro said is not easy to find a location which suit my parents and brother family.

If mrs seller appeal didn't succeed, Hdb will buy back at 90% of the valuation value or they wil be forced to market the unit again.

We have locked the caveat so they can't sell this unit. Hope that god can help us, save us from all these unnecessary trouble.

At first I pity mrs seller to hv such a Hubby but I am very angry that she accused my bro threatened her. So I think they are out to cheat us, hurting the innocent. The seller also commented she can sell the unit for a better price as the price is going up, is so unfair to us. We hv also sold our units at the agreed price. Think they are too greedy.

Your agent a green horn?

On buyers part, please sign the OTP with the presence of all party. Meaning, sellers(husband & wife), buyers(husband & wife), seller's agent and buyer's agent, that's what happened when i bought my resale.

As the couple don't stay in this unit, and the wife in malaysia so the agent past the document to the Hubby. They only check the Hdb letter that this unit is force to sell by Hdb and the seller own this unit. Didn't expect it will turn up this way. The neighbour are already been disturbed by the loan shark due to the seller own the loanshark money. We would like to move on but my bro said no units listing at this area so might take some time to source. The rental and the price kept going up migth affect us financially also. We already paid $1k to issue letter to seller and now the lawyer is asking $6k to issue court order, might hv to top up if the case dragged for too long.

shucks.. sounds like a bad case, and a similiar one like mine.

For us, not that bad cos we have our parents place to stay in.

Ask lawyer contacts from ur agent cos they usually have some to come in handy.

That said, we din pursue further cos, it was lengthy process, and i really hate to talk to the seller by that time. Even if u give me the house, i also feel that it is quite unlucky with all the quarrels.

But by what i researched, the seller has to pay u ur additional cost meaning if u get their place at 400K then found a similiar place for 450K, they have to pay u 50K. ALso, if he goes out to rent, they have to pay his rental.

All the best

The seller is already in financial difficulties, doubt they have money to compensate. Mrs seller deny signatory, mr seller said he didn't cheat. Can't trust them at all... We hv not mentioned about the $5k deposit and if they refused to sell, mr Hubby should hv offer to return the 5k. Seems like they can't even return the 5k.

To make a police report means we are asking for the Money back and then the contract will be void then my brother would hv no house to stay as he already sold the house. The police said it has to be the wife to report if she think is her Hubby forge her signature. The Indian couple given us alot of problem.

We are taking legal action but is going to cost us alot. We also seek mp for help and see how it goes. The seller agent did not witness the wife signatory, neligent from the seller agent.

You are having contractual problems with another party and I sympathise..but I fail to see how the race of the other party is an issue and why you need to mention it?

What are you implying by stating their race here? Does it matter that they are Indians?

You are having contractual problems with another party and I sympathise..but I fail to see how the race of the other party is an issue and why you need to mention it?

What are you implying by stating their race here? Does it matter that they are Indians?

i guess you can stop ppl from sterotyping when they have impression that certain races is more difficult to deal with than others. i have super bad business experience with indians too and thus, have bad impression of them as a race. i guess i need to super good experience with indian before i change my impression.

To TS :

hmm... as you mention that seller probably wont have $$ to pay you back.. by going legal with them. you may end up losing more $$ . In this case, why dont channel the $$ to a another flat.. difficult to find similar flat , yes. But if you willing pay.. i dun think it as big a problem as you have in hand..

Good luck to your brother.. hopefully, the sellers will come to their senses that they wont win this one and give up.

Isn't it tell tale sign of trouble? Separated, forced to sell, loan shark etc..... I will not even consider viewing if i have known of any of these issue.

You should not pay a single cent to your agent, your agent failed to check up on the seller and advice accordingly.

As the couple don't stay in this unit, and the wife in malaysia so the agent past the document to the Hubby. They only check the Hdb letter that this unit is force to sell by Hdb and the seller own this unit. Didn't expect it will turn up this way. The neighbour are already been disturbed by the loan shark due to the seller own the loanshark money. We would like to move on but my bro said no units listing at this area so might take some time to source. The rental and the price kept going up migth affect us financially also. We already paid $1k to issue letter to seller and now the lawyer is asking $6k to issue court order, might hv to top up if the case dragged for too long.

i guess you can stop ppl from sterotyping when they have impression that certain races is more difficult to deal with than others. i have super bad business experience with indians too and thus, have bad impression of them as a race. i guess i need to super good experience with indian before i change my impression.

What a racist and bigoted remark!!..Not only are you generalizing out of your limited personal experience, but you’re condescending. Worst combination– being stuck up and wrong at the same time.

By implying that Indians are difficult to do business with, why are there contracts for everyone? Might as well have contracts only when dealing with Indians!! In your 'business' deals with other races do you say, no need for contracts, no need for any documents, you are not an Indian, I trust you.

Indians do not have anything to prove to you...Your sweeping statements are laughable and show you to be either naive or you have your head in the sand..

Everyone when getting into something with heavy financial implications must do our due diligence. But to stigmatize a race based on an experience borders on madness at the least.

TS: your brother must have done his due diligence, but then negative things can and do happen. Stop blaming Indians, there is no need to state the race here, it will not help your case, work on solving your problem, not on this kind of remarks...

This type of latent racism is sad and scary for minorities