Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
leongheng70

Toilet Flies

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Been encountering toilet flies in my main toilet recently, those small pesky flies that hover in yr toilet bowl (http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/Urban/drainfly.htm)..

Anyone had experience to clear it, i seems to be unable to clear it, and it getting more and more each day.

Had the same problem many years ago at a previous home. lasted for a few months and then.........no more. Don't know the cause or the cure? I'm interested to know now that you've raised it. It was a brand new apartment , so I don't know if that might have had something to do with it?

Hi,

Been encountering toilet flies in my main toilet recently, those small pesky flies that hover in yr toilet bowl (http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/Urban/drainfly.htm)..

Anyone had experience to clear it, i seems to be unable to clear it, and it getting more and more each day.

Spray bleach over it, it may get rid of the flies.

Bleach in also good in getting rid of this yellowish, brownish or black mold seen on tiles or water hose.

Edited by gladyslim

u need to have the filter below the floor trap, they usually comes from that place..can't find a picture to show but its actually a filter that prevents debris from getting washed down the floor trap. mine got zero flies..another way is to keep the toilet windows pane closed and use ventilator to draw out moisture