Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sfk7

Our Sycamore Place

Hi can I hav your quotation too cause I am about to sign up with project file. My email : simsaman@live.com.sg

Edited by kattyho

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

another renovated gem spotted in renotalk!

spotted the name and was wondering if it was related to the fan and indeed, it was!

took some time to read up and i'm really really impressed with the careful designer selections, right down to the smallest items!

you must had either one d a r n good id to tansform into this or otherwise, you really went deep thinkin for the house design i must say.

or perhaps, the infusion of both had magnifested a truly magazine worthy house! well done, once again!

yr comments about downlights like stars in a cloudy sky! i second to that totally.

how's the sycamore fan doing up? it really piqued my interest when i first saw it but not sure of its performance due to lack of reviews.

hope is serving you well, both function and form eh.

did i miss out your kitchen?

you set the motion going with all the designer selections, so i'm already imagining all the big names inside your kitchen.

can't wait to see more of your posts!

Look what came with the mail! Legs for the dining table. Gonna powdercoat it, anyone has any idea where to do it?

IMG_0145.jpg

Sure took a long time since its about a month after I've paid to reach here. Guess its due to the holiday period in the US. Ordered another 8 short ones to go with the grafunkt wonder boxes. Paid extra shipping as it was too late when we decided to order more.

Wife's cousin helped to hand carry back Roomba 530 when she's back from the US for holidays.

irobot.jpg

So yea, great presents all round for the yuletide season!

Awesome table legs. Love the way you DIYed your table and bench.

Thinking of putting together my own table too. Was thinking of ordering some VG&P Canteen Table Legs for the project.

Mind sharing where you got your wooden plank/table top? Been trying to source for loose wood but nothing so far. Thanks in advance :)

@lesterleeth: ikea mate! half of this http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/00165374 lengthwise becomes the top for the bench. Vike byske for the table top http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/S19887283 they sold it seperately the last time for 199 not sure about now. What's VG&P canteen legs? Can't wait to see your finished product!

@kattyho: hi there, been busy lately but i don't think i'm going to email you the quotation since you're going to sign with them anyway. I think they are very standard with their pricing and won't do anything funny. Their prices are going to be on the high side anyway but can rest assured about their quality.

@Dr.Anarchy Thanks! Yea, kinda have an idea of what we want and shopped around for the best deal... haha

@ne0mesis: Can I be so thick skinned and say its due to both input from me and the id? haha. Seriously hooked on scandi design so researched quite abit on that and how we can get the furniture/fittings that's affordable and inline with the whole theme.

Sycamore fan is great for the small space that's the living room. On hot days it has to be on speed 3 (max) but its comfortable for everyone in that space.

Will be showing the kitchen and the rest of the house when i get the time... but nothing much there as almost all the stuff is provided by the developer. Having the itch to change the kitchen mixer but that's what it is now... an itch. Gotten myself a new toy (camera) so will definitely take more shots!

Thanks reglxt & el loco!

El loco, pm me your email so that i can pass you the quotation? Its in excel file and i'm not sure how to attach that in pm

ID is project file btw. Would definitely use them again for their design aspect and budget allows. But i would definitely source for my own electrician.

Nice job! I really like the living and dining rooms!

My HTB and I really like Project File's works. However reviews here are really mixed, esp on their aftersales service and quality of works.

How did u find them so far?

Also, able to PM me your quote please?

Thanks! :)

@Cutiecat Thanks! But overall area is still 95sqm inclusive of baywindows. So give and take... living room is kinda small

@strikingreality: Yea, I've searched for posts on project file too and those posts are in 2008? Anyways, our ID has been very approachable, can't recall where she didn't return my call within a day if she missed it even when she's overseas. She had a project in KL while ours is undergoing but its no big deal cos she'll get someone to cover her. Issues were solved immediately and when she realised that I don't really like the electrician she did her best to smooth things over. Haha

Price is definitely on the high side, but you can see their design prominently in the magazines. So if that's what you're looking for, then i feel they are worth the premium.

Pm me your email and i'll forward you.

Really like your home decor, I am really interested in your ID and pricing.

Can please share where you got your tolomeo lampand pricing?

Your speakers hifi set looks great!!! what are those?

Please kindly share with me. :)

arbothen@gmail.com

Edited by Always Happy

@lesterleeth: ikea mate! half of this http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/00165374 lengthwise becomes the top for the bench. Vike byske for the table top http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/S19887283 they sold it seperately the last time for 199 not sure about now. What's VG&P canteen legs? Can't wait to see your finished product!

@kattyho: hi there, been busy lately but i don't think i'm going to email you the quotation since you're going to sign with them anyway. I think they are very standard with their pricing and won't do anything funny. Their prices are going to be on the high side anyway but can rest assured about their quality.

@Dr.Anarchy Thanks! Yea, kinda have an idea of what we want and shopped around for the best deal... haha

@ne0mesis: Can I be so thick skinned and say its due to both input from me and the id? haha. Seriously hooked on scandi design so researched quite abit on that and how we can get the furniture/fittings that's affordable and inline with the whole theme.

Sycamore fan is great for the small space that's the living room. On hot days it has to be on speed 3 (max) but its comfortable for everyone in that space.

Will be showing the kitchen and the rest of the house when i get the time... but nothing much there as almost all the stuff is provided by the developer. Having the itch to change the kitchen mixer but that's what it is now... an itch. Gotten myself a new toy (camera) so will definitely take more shots!

@sfk7 Great, thanks. Will check out the Ikea table tops. These are the legs I'm after: http://verygoodandproper.co.uk/index.php?/...ng/information/

gd job once again eh!

looking forward to the rest of the pictures with your new toy then

looking at your place, u really need one of those vintage sanyo airconditioning units to make it look complete. they have really cool wooden paneling.

will take a pic of my in-laws' unit.

@alwayshappy: Thanks for the compliments, emailed you the quote. Speakers are totem arros available at audionote at adelphi. Anyway if you're really interested we can work something out ;) Tolomeo light is from hock siong.

@lesterleeth: Wow those legs sure look nice! If you're going for a grunge industrial look those will fit right in

@neomesis: Thanks for your kind words. Been to your tblog and seen the mighty feature wall at the living room! If I have space i would love to have that too. Not in white tho :P in natural wood if have the budget or laminates that's really close to it. Ahhh... my scandi dream.

@rottenramone: I think i know what you meant as my mum's previous place has them! Haha, don't think i will spend the money to overhaul the air con units though since they are brand new

Didn't have the time to take pictures yet... Have other projects at hand. haha. Thanks for keeping this thread alive

nice work ...

did you mean you use the ikea table to make the bench? maybe I miss it in the posts

you made the legs shorted? :o

cheers!

Whoa, love your choice of furnitures!!! There are not much reno going the with the Scandi and mid century pieces.. It was great reading through your tblog and can see you have put alot of effort on hunting those pieces. May i know where you got your lamp with the red cable? How is the airflow of the Sycamore fan? May i know where you got this too?

Your wardrobe, is it laminated inside(drawers too)? or just the natural wood grains?

And lamp over the grafunkt wonder box.

IMG_0101.jpg