Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Gain City - Poor Workmanship

Interesting, thanks for the photos.

So how was the piping done ? Were the pipes not in trunking (like the electrical wires are) ?

Filling gaps with newspaper was very common as it will provide a base to be plastered onto and give a acceptable finish for next to no cost.

It is only if you break through the plaster that you would become aware that it is not solid, ie. in your reno.

Not so much of a normal practice now I would imagine with all the different cheap fillers available.

RB

The pipes were inside the trunking and old newspapers twisted and surrounding the pipes.

During that reno period, I was still staying at Kim Tian place and worked in city area. Hence, only inspected the reno during weekends but only for those visible items. Perhaps they didn't see owner around and just wanted to finish the job asap as they probably knew there is no way for a lady to detect it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi mkl22 & manutd1972

Thanks a million times for your detailed explanation which I need for my understanding. Really appreciate it.

My apology for replying the much needed posts now, as stamina and time simply did not permit me to do so earlier .

The materials that will be used for the air-con installation are:

Insulation - armaflex 3/4 inch

Copper pipe -G22

Drainage pipe 16mm.

Will it be better to use higher grade materials for air-con installation in a house? What are they? My thanks.

Edited by countblessings