Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
therat

Tour Leader From ****: Fought With Driver In Paris Street And Other Horrors

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...#commentSection

inconsiderate_tour_leader_did_not_follow

STOMPer BC is not satisfied with the service given by a tour leader of a popular travel agency. According to the STOMPer, the tour leader fought with a bus driver, among other things, before leaving some of the tourists on their own with the angry driver.

BC said in his email:

"I went on a Europe trip with Chan Brothers. 30 members signed a petition letter before we came back.

"20 of us went down together to their office on return. Despite being told that there would only be 20 to 25 members, consisting of mainly honeymoon couples, the group ended up as 45 people with only two of such couples.

"The tour leader charged us €40 for Sistine Chapel, when the entrance fee was €10, and left those who chose not to go in the lurch, instead of guiding us through Vatican City as stated in the itinerary.

"After the Chapel, he quarrelled with the Italian guide in front of St Peter, over the splitting of the profits.

"In the end, he borrowed money from us to pay her. He also borrowed €500 from another member. On another occasion, the ‘non-optional’ people had to pay the driver to drive us back to the city, after the tour leader dumped us in the outskirts to penalise us.

"The tour leader also quarrelled with the driver, with no consideration for our safety. The climax was when he fought with the driver on the streets of Paris, shouting 'stupid driver’ twice and walked off with the optional tour people, leaving the rest of us in the hands of a furious driver.

"And then, when one elderly member fell and fractured his arm, instead of bringing him to a hospital, the leader said such falls were common, and was busy persuading us to join an optional tour.

"The injured man went to hospital by himself in a cab and got a cast.

"We also made two trips and spent almost six hours at Galleries Lafayette, forsaking Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame. The leader even admitted that he haven’t finished his shopping.

"He bought five luggage full of branded goods, and needed help with them, when he didn't even render help to the injured man. The reason for his shopping spree was to sell them in Singapore.

"In fact, he offered this service to us too.

"Lastly, he asked us to ‘donate’ our check-in allowance for his many luggage. Shall we face the death sentence for him too if there’s drugs?"

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

base on those comments.

It is from Chan Brothers.

My colleague mention his friend join a EU tour by Chan brother encounter almost the same things as what STOMP has say.

Will check with him tomorrow. Is this the tour his friend referring.

OMG!!! That TL deserves to be sacked! He's supposed to lead the tour and put others before him, not act as one of the tourists!! How selfish can he be??!! Moral of the story, if one has enough time to do research, it's best to go F&E and then make your own tour arrangements with the travel agents there.

I had check with him. This is the tour his friend join.

Exactly, they had wrote to Chan Brothers but Chan Brothers didn't get back to them.

Give them no choice to go to press

This is one of the reasons why I don't like having tour guides for my travel I avoid such kind of incident and I want to explore the self by myself besides you can always ask a local for directions whenever you got lost or something.