Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frankloh

Ikea Furniture Consider Fix Fixture?

Would like to confirm with any experts here on this issues.....

I have wall mounted a few of my ikea furniture onto my wall, now that I am selling my house, can I took it down from the walls and bring them to my new house? (During valuation, these items has not been taken down)

Legally, am I suppose to dismantle these Ikea furnitures?

e.g.

1) Ikea shoes box

2) Ikea Besta Cabimet

3) Ikea Lack

http://www.inkiti.com/img.php?w=400&h=...d0.05672120.jpg

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Edited by frankloh

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Would like to confirm with any experts here on this issues.....

I have wall mounted a few of my ikea furniture onto my wall, now that I am selling my house, can I took it down from the walls and bring them to my new house? (During valuation, these items has not been taken down)

Legally, am I suppose to dismantle these Ikea furnitures?

e.g.

1) Ikea shoes box

2) Ikea Besta Cabimet

3) Ikea Lack

http://www.inkiti.com/img.php?w=400&h=...d0.05672120.jpg

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

if not wrong, anything that is captured in the val report is considered "frozen", ie, u cannot remove them with prior approval from the buyer....

anyway, how much are they worth?

Edited by neubie

if not wrong, anything that is captured in the val report is considered "frozen", ie, u cannot remove them with prior approval from the buyer....

anyway, how much are they worth?

Around 500, problem is just bought less than 2months only!!

Btw, 500 means alot to me :)

Around 500, problem is just bought less than 2months only!!

Btw, 500 means alot to me :)

if $500 worth of fixture can command a higher valuation/cov of say extra 5k, would you feel heartpain? IMHO, no point spoiling a deal becos of $500...

anyway, legally speaking, if valuation report nv say anything or show any extraneous things, i tink can be taken out, since no proof.

Edited by neubie

if $500 worth of fixture can command a higher valuation/cov of say extra 5k, would you feel heartpain? IMHO, no point spoiling a deal becos of $500...

anyway, legally speaking, if valuation report nv say anything or show any extraneous things, i tink can be taken out, since no proof.

since you said it is mounted on the wall , then it is consider a fixture. Put yourself in their shoes and what if 500sgd also meant a lot to the buyer as well? YOu might as well dismount everything and give them a empty house?

since you said it is mounted on the wall , then it is consider a fixture. Put yourself in their shoes and what if 500sgd also meant a lot to the buyer as well? YOu might as well dismount everything and give them a empty house?

you should direct ur answer to TS rather than me. :rolleyes:

actually if u are not sure, u can just ask ur agt to talk to buyer's agt (or directly with the buyer if u're not dealing with agt) whether they are ok with u bringing these stuff with u...

simply becos the buyer may already have plans to remove and discard them during renovation!! =)

Edited by dizyweds