Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
relaxcatdog

Sofa Bed

I am considering of either getting a normal single sized wooden frame bed or a single sofa bed (to save space) for my room. Just want to check with fellow forumers about their feedback on sofa bed. Is it durable? Is it comfortable to sleep on? Besides Ikea, where else can I get sofa bed preferably with a wooden frame or a metal frame? If possible, what is the estimated price of such a bed? Of course, most important is that it must be comfortable to sleep on. No point saving space at the expense of comfort. Tks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We have an IKEA Bedingger sofa-bed in our guestroom, upgraded at Ikea to 'best' mattress available.

Turn out to be a really comfortable sleep. I'm using it for afternoon naps npw :D

Seahorse-mattress kind of sleepers will like this sofa-bed.

I am considering of either getting a normal single sized wooden frame bed or a single sofa bed (to save space) for my room. Just want to check with fellow forumers about their feedback on sofa bed. Is it durable? Is it comfortable to sleep on? Besides Ikea, where else can I get sofa bed preferably with a wooden frame or a metal frame? If possible, what is the estimated price of such a bed? Of course, most important is that it must be comfortable to sleep on. No point saving space at the expense of comfort. Tks.

Finally bought a single sized wooden bed frame and a mattress which is bought separately. Felt that sofa beds generally don't give very good support.

Finally bought a single sized wooden bed frame and a mattress which is bought separately. Felt that sofa beds generally don't give very good support.

bro,

recently i went pass this shop - Smootree, I think they have what you needed! =D

fievel

Hi, I don't have advice about companies but I have some experience in sofa beds, I think they are fairly comfortable for a night or two, good choice if seating is going to be the main purpose of the piece of furniture, but if you want something really comfy to sleep on and still use it for seating, go for a day bed with a pop up trundle, together they make a king size bed.I've slept on air mattresses and I think it's better to sleep on the carpet, they don't give you support, they are not soft, they are noisy and they loose air, I think they are good just for camping, and I would probably take a piece of foam instead of an air mattress.

Sofa beds are seldom truly comfortable for their intended purpose as they are meant to be a compromise in dual roles. My teak day bed in my living room is so comfortable that I can fall asleep almost right away. I cannot imagine that a good quality ordinary foam on my teak bed can surpass my Omazz Fairmont 5 layers Talalay Latex mattress in terms of comfort and sleep-ability but yet my body cannot be lying to my brain. I have since wondered if I made the right choice to buy this $5800 mattress from Lotus Beddings in 2007 :dunno: