Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ladymuse

Buyers And Property Agent Never Honour Agreement

Hi all,

Would like some advice.

Recently sold my place on an agreement with a china family that i will get an extra 1 month over stay provided that i leave some furniture/electronics

for them and give them COV at a lower price. Have a written statement in black and white for this but i know it's not very useful

as overstaying is consider illegal. The only reason i decided to sell my place to them is because of this agreement.

Now after selling, the buyers have backed out of the agreement! They say that they want to move in staight away and do not care about

what agreements we had made. They insist that they stay with us first (no extra rooms for them, 4 people) or we pay them $3000.

I feel very cheated as they have a rented place to stay now, not as though they have no place to go. Just that they want to extort more money.

If i knew this would happen why should i sell my place to them at a discounted price? Might as well have sold to someone else.

Further more, my agent is not even being helpful. He said just give in to them and that it's not his problem, when he promised all these things. What kind of

crap attitude is this. This is very difficult as at the moment family has no where to go and we need to pack out things and have no place to store them.

Headache.

What can i do about this or is it totally a lost cause? thanks..really need help :( sigh.

Edited by ladymuse

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Would like some advice.

Recently sold my place on an agreement with a china family that i will get an extra 1 months over stay provided that i leave some furniture/electronics

for them and give them COV at a lower price. Have a written statement in black and white for this but i know it's not very useful

as overstaying is consider illegal. The only reason i decided to sell my place to them is because of this agreement.

Now after selling, the buyers have backed out of the agreement! They say that they want to move in staight away and do not care about

what agreements we had made. They insist that they stay with us first (no extra rooms for them, 4 people) or we pay them $3000.

I feel very cheated as they have a rented place to stay now, not as though they have no place to go. Just that they want to extort more money.

If i knew this would happen why should i sell my place to them at a discounted price? Might as well have sold to someone else.

Further more, my agent is not even being helpful. He said just give in to them and that it's not his problem, when he promised all these things. What kind of

crap attitude is this.

What can i do about this or is it totally a lost cause? thanks..really need help :( sigh.

The "black & white" signed for 1 month overstay is not recognised in eye of law, you knew pretty well already. So, who to blame?

- sell away those stuffs you pronmised to stay put to get some money, since the agreement already null. You cannot pay them 3k and stay 1 month as well.

- Use the money to rent a place

- Speedup your new place.

Edited by godloveyou

yes, i wld suggest u do as wat "godloveyou" suggested.

furthermore, why pay them 3k to stay together wif them? u might as well pay this 3k to a landlord for a short-term lease and stay by urself wif ur family, instead of wif some stranger's family. not to mention, such a stranger is oredi beginning to give u problems. can u imagine wat other problems they might give while staying wif u?

short-term rental is not gg to be easy to find, so u'll need that 3k. typical hdb 3rm flat goes for abt 1.5k to 2k monthly. bt tt's assuming tenant takes a 1-yr lease. so for only 1-2mths, landlord may nt be willing to lease out to u. so offer landlord a slight incentive to take ur lease by upping the rental a bit.

as far as the discount given in ur selling price, let it go. dun let d issue fester in ur mind. it'll only make u more frustrated and give u more stress without any benefit to u or ur family. wat goes around comes around. wat u lose here, u may gain in ur new plc or in other areas of ur life.

Thanks for the replies. Feel fed up as my own agent is going against me and siding the other side. Don't know if they are planning to make money together or what. Can i complain to the property company regarding my agent's service since i am not happy with it? Commission wise, can i withhold it as well? He promised to pay for our lodging if this happens and now he himself decided that he doesn't want to do so. On the hdb documents his address was put as a place to stay if we have no where to go. Can i use this against him?

Thanks for the replies. Feel fed up as my own agent is going against me and siding the other side. Don't know if they are planning to make money together or what. Can i complain to the property company regarding my agent's service since i am not happy with it? Commission wise, can i withhold it as well? He promised to pay for our lodging if this happens and now he himself decided that he doesn't want to do so. On the hdb documents his address was put as a place to stay if we have no where to go. Can i use this against him?

i was in your situation one month back....agree for a 2month extension stay. so that i can renovate and move-in in time. not knowing this so call "gentleman agreement" is not valid in the eye of HDB law @ that time...i was in a much worst situation due to i know that only few days before the 2nd appointment. can you imagine i call the mover today and got it move all the item to my friend house the next day. you are really in a dis-advantage. HDB will not side with the seller.

i will suggest you to deduct or rather don pay your comission to the agent. you should apporach case and complaint follow by proceeding to CEA board. did your agent tell you that the extension of stay agreement is not valid? if no, you have a strong case on this. if yes, then you're at a big disadvantage. if your 2nd appointment is near and it is not fully on 8 weeks, call the hdb officer who handles ur case and fax a letter sign by u and ur husband to him for deferment of 2nd appt to full 8 weeks. if you're on the 8weeks already then call him and ask him what you should do to defer the 2nd house appointment.

i still pay my agent 0.5% as i felt that he really help me.

Edited by Devil_82

If everything is place black and white and the agent didn't honor that. Yes, you can complain to the property company.

And at the same time, file a complain to http://www.cea.gov.sg/cea/content/index.html

But normally this kind of complain will take a while.

As long as you had all the doc and SMS with you to proof that you are mislead to sell the house.

As for the extend 1mth. If the buyer turn their word, you can't do anything to them as this kind of arrangement is not recognize by HDB.

However you specially lower the COV as this kind of term and condition and if pen down. Not sure can use that to show to the HDB that the buyer agree. See can mess the buyer up a bit or not.

They mess you up, u mess them up.

Now, find a place to stay.

As for the furniture, don't left anything to do.

Just left unwanted item.

Don't clean the house.

Make the house as dirty as possible.

unscrew here and there.

Key only give 1 set.

If you using Gas cylinder type. Return the cylinder to the vendor. YOu will get back your $20 deposit.

Open the dustin , trap hole after you move out.

May be they will have "special" visitor.

Do what you can think of. No need for me to spell out everything :P

if your 2nd appointment is near and it is not fully on 8 weeks, call the hdb officer who handles ur case and fax a letter sign by u and ur husband to him for deferment of 2nd appt to full 8 weeks. if you're on the 8weeks already then call him and ask him what you should do to defer the 2nd house appointment.

need both seller and buyer to write in to defer the 2nd appointment

http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/Home/hybrid/Theme...ategory%3D60665

* Q: * I need to change the scheduled resale completion date. How do I do it?

* A: * Both buyer and seller must write in to HDB and give their consent to change the resale completion date. The appointment date will then be rescheduled to another date/time at HDB's discretion.

BTW, TS, follow Devil_82 advice.

ask for 8 week for 2nd appointment.

For this, don't need buyer agreement.

This is Seller right to request for max 8 week waiting time for 2nd appointment.

If the agent say.. cannot.

Tell him

is it? Let's me call the HDB officer-in-charge and ask.

Who's going to compensate you on the lost of COV?

With all the document, especially if u have b&w on lowering down COV and giving away furniture/electrical appliances in exchange for extension stay, go to the press, blow the thing up.

So that all will know extension stay is not allowed and any agreement on extension stay is not recognized. Besides, your agent will be in deep deep trouble.

The news will pressure the authority to take action on the agent and expedite your case.

Edited by chronograph

Who's going to compensate you on the lost of COV?

With all the document, especially if u have b&w on lowering down COV and giving away furniture/electrical appliances in exchange for extension stay, go to the press, blow the thing up.

So that all will know extension stay is not allowed and any agreement on extension stay is not recognized. Besides, your agent will be in deep deep trouble.

The news will pressure the authority to take action on the agent and expedite your case.

in nov sat or sun strait times come out this article big big....asking for HDB view on this. HDB choose not to reply on that. this has really left the seller in a great great disadvantage position. i think for the TS to gain back some compensation is to cut off the agent fee(if the agent did not highlight to the seller)...if choose not to sell, civil litigation can been proceed but then no lawyer dare to guarantee sure win(sure win as in the sense of percentage ratio is only 50-50). i've consultated this JTJ* on this. so easier way out for TS is to move out and follow what therat had mention in some of this "wonderful tips" hehe screw and unscrew haha...

Have the TS buy another house already? if yes then he will be in a more diffcult position because the other side will be implicated if he choose not to sell.

i choose to move out because

Reason 1: i have bought another unit and did not do any bridge loan so that i can save the interest money. but never expected that i got booted out of the house in few days time.

Reason 2: do not want to implicate the house that i'm buying.

I have a question: why does HDB want seller to do a bridging loan? if a 1month extension day is granted for the seller, seller need not waste such money.

conclusion: no need sign any extension of stay anymore. all BS one....

storage place: www.bigorange.com.sg

He promised to pay for our lodging if this happens and now he himself decided that he doesn't want to do so. On the hdb documents his address was put as a place to stay if we have no where to go. Can i use this against him?

Use his commission to pay for your stay.

Complain to his company and CEA.

This kind of agent must WHACK him hard hard.

Wa now the press got no power anymore.

Extend 2nd appointment, die die must cut agent fee for compensation.

when they had power :rolleyes:

These buyers really too much! They tell us now that they are backing out their agreement because they are not happy with their agent. This honestly is between them and their agent and does not involve us. So now what they want is for us to pay half of their agents commission for them because they don't feel like paying their agent. Very unreasonable and no integrity! Anyway regarding my agents commission i have signed a contract stating i will give him 1.5% com, if i withold his commission because of all these problems untill he settle and keep up to his word is it ok or no matter what i have to pay him?

Edited by ladymuse

These buyers really too much! They tell us now that they are backing out their agreement because they are not happy with their agent. This honestly is between them and their agent and does not involve us. So now what they want is for us to pay half of their agents commission for them because they don't feel like paying their agent. Very unreasonable and no integrity! Anyway regarding my agents commission i have signed a contract stating i will give him 1.5% com, if i withold his commission because of all these problems untill he settle and keep up to his word is it ok or no matter what i have to pay him?

fully agreement. because of their issue with the agent then the seller got to vacate the house before the 2nd appt is really too much. u r lucky in the sense that at least money can still solve the issue. do try to work it out. regarding deducting your agent commission.you have to talk to him personally. let him know what you are facing. if he agree, he has to re-issue you the invoice for the agent commission. if not. therat has post the cea url. do approach them if you feel that you are mis-lead by the agent.