Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi.

Does anybody know who are the vendors for auto gate? I have a "Genius" brand autogate which is not working.

Also, what is the cost of a new autogate. thanks.

• Like 2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Any kind souls well versed with autogates or any recommended brands and vendors please advise... I will be replacing mine too. Also appreciate cost of the gate itself made of wrought iron and chenngai.. thanks in advance

Any kind souls well versed with autogates or any recommended brands and vendors please advise... I will be replacing mine too. Also appreciate cost of the gate itself made of wrought iron and chenngai.. thanks in advance

If I'm not wrong, 1 embedded DC Motor cost $380. $700 for a pair. controller box another $300+

If you get a brand new set with new remotes, $1.3k

I'll be replacing mine once I take the keys in april.

If I'm not wrong, 1 embedded DC Motor cost $380. $700 for a pair. controller box another $300+

If you get a brand new set with new remotes, $1.3k

I'll be replacing mine once I take the keys in april.

Hi Thanks for all the replies, sorry TS that i hijacked your post but let's all benefit from it. One of the arm of the gate broke and i am contemplating replacing it since everything is working or else will have to change the whole system as its already 13 years. any chance you can share the contact with me as well as the brand? you can PM me if its not convenient to post. TIA

Should be able to get one around $900-1k for basic design without motor. I remember chengai more expensive.

Did you get electrician to check the motor? Rainy season with lots of lightning damages the motor easily esp if your electrical point is outside (letter box) coz it's tall it tends to be the first to get short circuit. I remember there was a period when it was raining so frequently we got fedup with short circuit we just off the motor and park outside.

Remote $75 can get for a pair, think can find cheaper, keychain type.

do you have contact for the gate contractor? I may also consider changing the gate as well.

Hi Thanks for all the replies, sorry TS that i hijacked your post but let's all benefit from it. One of the arm of the gate broke and i am contemplating replacing it since everything is working or else will have to change the whole system as its already 13 years. any chance you can share the contact with me as well as the brand? you can PM me if its not convenient to post. TIA

I've called up http://www.tengmeng.com.sg/ and spoke to Mr Tan, all the information was from him.

last saturday after thunderstorm, i went home and my auto gate cannot be opened...

realised that the circut breaker has kicked in...

i switch the power back on and open the gate (once) - but subsequently the circuit breaker kicks in whenever i try to open/close the gate...

now the gate cannot be opened (and the power no longer trip)

looks like the motor is damaged? is it a common problem? any contacts? (i have no idea who to call)

<!--quoteo(post=607303:date=Jan 26 2011, 06:42 PM:name=parry14)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (parry14 @ Jan 26 2011, 06:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=607303"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->thks for all the reply. i will get it done after CNY. will post when i done it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi, is the gate done? Could you share the cost? For our info?

Just done my gate today. Basically replaced a pair of the embedded motor and the coil box at the gate itself. Cost $780 and used back existing remote and control box. The brand is Ranger

I have replaced my autogate from Teng Meng.

$1,350 for a complete set, 2 motors, 1 circuit board, 3 remotes, 2 keys for manual release, 1 antenna.

Brand is Elcom.

so far so good.

Just to add further info to my post. After calling a few vendors, I realise that the price for a complete set includes 2 motor, control box with 3 remotes cost between $1000- $1200 that I have found so far. $1000 is quite the norm but I am nnot sure of the brand all came from m'sia like Ranger, Lexion, super100 . I understand they are from the same factory just different branding.

For those who are just replacing, ask them to use back the remote and circuit board which will saves you $300 approx. Per motor replacement is $350.

Hope this helps.

I called Sincere autogate. do a search on the website.

Edited by parry14

Just to add further info to my post. After calling a few vendors, I realise that the price for a complete set includes 2 motor, control box with 3 remotes cost between $1000- $1200 that I have found so far. $1000 is quite the norm but I am nnot sure of the brand all came from m'sia like Ranger, Lexion, super100 . I understand they are from the same factory just different branding.

For those who are just replacing, ask them to use back the remote and circuit board which will saves you $300 approx. Per motor replacement is $350.

Hope this helps.

I called Sincere autogate. do a search on the website.

hi parry14,

is your gate cladded with chenghai?

mind to post photo?

just curious, im over at park villas & theres parry walk nearby.is ur reno still on-going?