Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hi parry14,

is your gate cladded with chenghai?

mind to post photo?

just curious, im over at park villas & theres parry walk nearby.is ur reno still on-going?

My is the old metal gate not chengai. I am not doing reno just replaced the autogate system. I have thought of replacing the gate to changai but costs prohibit quite ex in the region of $1800. I am told that Chengai is heavier so have to consider if the motor can take it. I suppose shouold not be a problem cos many changai gates I have seen are also using the embedded motor.

Why dun you look around your estate for sampling of the types of gates you may like.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My is the old metal gate not chengai. I am not doing reno just replaced the autogate system. I have thought of replacing the gate to changai but costs prohibit quite ex in the region of $1800. I am told that Chengai is heavier so have to consider if the motor can take it. I suppose shouold not be a problem cos many changai gates I have seen are also using the embedded motor.

Why dun you look around your estate for sampling of the types of gates you may like.

Although I like chengai wood gate, I noticed that the varnish on the chengai wood fade and look quite old and ugly after sometime. Homeowners using Chengai wood probably value the aesthetic aspects of using wood over galvanised iron/ stainless steel. Compared to galvanised iron/ stainless steel gate which is "quite maintenance free", the owners of chengai wood gate will probably need to varnish the gate after one or two years.

I am using a Chengai Sliding gate for over 10 years and have no issues so far. They were the lowest quote among the rest and provided dedicated service and did beyond their job scope to provide additional touching up of the gate.

My gate was by Rahardja Engineering.

This should be their website.

http://autogate.kellyscentral.com/

Although I like chengai wood gate, I noticed that the varnish on the chengai wood fade and look quite old and ugly after sometime. Homeowners using Chengai wood probably value the aesthetic aspects of using wood over galvanised iron/ stainless steel. Compared to galvanised iron/ stainless steel gate which is "quite maintenance free", the owners of chengai wood gate will probably need to varnish the gate after one or two years.

Whats the difference in price for the iron gate and the chengai gate?

Which is cheaper?

Which is more lasting?

I just got my landed house.

First time staying in landed.