Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oliginal

Where To Buy Chinese Stone Lions

Hi, can anyone advise me where can I purchase a set of chinese stone lions in Singapore ?

Looking for a set to guard the entrance of my balcony, btw I'm not looking for those very big type cos my balcony is only about 100+sqft so looking for around 5 inch x 5 inch base which the lion stand on it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

U can try to get them from those pasar malam stalls that sell vases, antiques & porcelain products. Otherwise, u can try to visit this tile shop that carries alot of stonewares as well, along Joo Chiat road, near Eunos MRT station & directly opposite a TCM clinic owned by a sinseh with surname Seah.

World of fengshui usually is quite ex... u can go to bugis side Fu lu Shou building , or the shops along both side of Kuan Kin temple also have...

Try Race Course Road......there're quite a lot of fengshui objects there on sale by many shops there (probably ~10 at a quick recall).

Just don't try asking them how to place etc as they're just selling and not verse in these stuff. :)

Try Race Course Road......there're quite a lot of fengshui objects there on sale by many shops there (probably ~10 at a quick recall).

Just don't try asking them how to place etc as they're just selling and not verse in these stuff. :)

Agreed.

Just compare a golden 5 Element pagoda.

HOFS sells for $168

Online selling for US$68

Bencoolen retailing at $28

Seng Li [Race Course] ???

Only $22 nett.

Thanks for all the advices and suggestions.

Have tried searching around locally but can't find the lions' style which I like or with the right measurement.

Luckily during Chinese New year when I went back to China (Chongqing) to pay visit to my In Law, I came across a shop that do stone carving. Requested the sifu to help me customize a set of the stone lions to the measurement I required, furthermore I need it urgently as I need to fly back to Singapore the next few days.

Initally require 10 day to complete the job but after much persuading from me and my wife, the sifu finally agree to help me to complete it within 4 days instead.

And below is the picture I took during the collection of the lions from the shop and must say i really love the aggressiveness of this set of lions at first sight.

Cheers !!!

StoneLions.jpg

Edited by oliginal

Wow your stone lions look really impressive!

I liked the aggressive looks in their eyes, very "siong" :D

And the gadgets they are holding onto looks great too. Such intricacies so beautifully crafted. 1 male & 1 female with a baby lion...

Is this shop located in M'sia?

U must have paid alot for it!

Wow your stone lions look really impressive!

I liked the aggressive looks in their eyes, very "siong" :D

And the gadgets they are holding onto looks great too. Such intricacies so beautifully crafted. 1 male & 1 female with a baby lion...

Is this shop located in M'sia?

U must have paid alot for it!

Hi edenstrauss, I had it done in China (Chongqing).

I love the aggressive looks and hope it can guard my home and protect my family. Heehee...... :P

Actually didn't pay much for it, initially was quoted RMB 600 without the baby lion but insisted to have it so in the end paid RMB 800 (SGD $160) for it with the baby lion.

Edited by oliginal

By the way, would u be getting them blessed? Or simply install it straight off at your balcony?

I would be putting it straight off at my balcony, as my FSM had ask me to hang a Bagua (Already Blessed) at my balcony therefore not neccessary to blessed the lions.