Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Thanks Nuar. a few IDs told me that my floor plan is not that good cos the living/dining is too long. L shaped sofa will have difficulties to place.

but i love the MBR cos the attached bathroom is not "eating" into the space of the bedroom.

My reno will only starts in March. My ideal dream home might have to be thrown out of the windows due to budget constrain. :~

Hi, could you recomend which reno company are you using asI am starting my renovation soon for my resale flat.

thank you

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Now I know y I can't find my dining light liao... The ones I looking at all less than $500. Yours 1.4k sure got the punch. Mind to pm me the shop name? I need to get inspiration by going to this kind of designer store to see see look look. I went Poh choo but end up buying from royal fanco... Cos they carry the hood I want.

hi, you might want to try lightcraft. They have quite a wide variety of lights. I got my bedroom lights from them.

Just google and you should be able to find their website. :)

sis, u sure urs is 30Amp only? my DB is 40Amp leh. cannot be incoming is only 30A and my electrician somehow "steal" another 10Amp frm somewhere else wor. if only 30Amp, den usage is very limited wor. aircon oredi 15A, cooker hob 20A, plus other electrical appliances, how to use together?

Joven also got 1.5kW models. in fact, the new rule now is manufacturer can only sell the 1.5kW models here. i heard this rule is not due to the Amp rating of individual homes, but rather issued by the authorities in an effort to go green and conserve electricity usage. if u ask me hor, i think this kind of "artificial usage reduction" is stupid. compare this: 3kW takes say, 5mins to heat up 15litres. 1.5kW takes 10mins to heat up the same 15litres. in terms of electricity consumed, aren't they both the same? the 2nd draws a lower current, but draws it for twice the amount of time. come back to square one mah.

sometimes ah...these paper-pushers hor.....come up with policies without thorough thinking wan.

bro i keyed in your postal code... yes your block is still the old 30 Amp supply. you can check here:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos119p.nsf/Search?OpenForm

"Your block has not been provided with higher electrical loading."

that time when i bought, the shops i asked doesn't have Joven's 1.5kW model, apparently it's not so popular :dunno: so nevermind la just whacked Ariston since it was working well at my previous place.

they just came out with this new rule? yes i agree with you it's stupid! cos 1.5kW just take 2x as long the time to do the same job as 3.0kW ones, dunno who came out with this new rule........... 8|

Edited by marshmallow

eh marsh... you know where manutd1972 stays? hehehehe....

i went to this shop at balestier, the guy says he don't know got such rule by hdb leh. he recommended one that are 2.5kW.

eh marsh... you know where manutd1972 stays? hehehehe....

i went to this shop at balestier, the guy says he don't know got such rule by hdb leh. he recommended one that are 2.5kW.

yea bro manutd stays just a few blocks away from me :)

actually many shop owners don't know about the rule. they don't know cos they don't read HDB website :P for myself, i just so happened to read the rule the day before i went heater shopping. the shop i talked to also didn't know about this rule.

if i didn't happen to read it, i'd have gone for a Joven 3kW one straight away................. :bangwall:

in my humble opinion (well, just my opinion ;)):

why the rule is set such that instant heater can be 3kW but storage heater is limited to 1.5kW?

HDB probably figured that for instant heater, the most you only turn it on for 15~20 mins when you bathe, so it won't be a big issue. also seldom will anyone set the instant heater to its max. setting (you want scaldding hot water? :lol:), so not full 3kW will be consumed anyway.

but for storage heater, likely people will turn it on for a long time (even 24/7), and set it to max. setting. if everyone in the block does this and all uses 3kW storage heater, HDB will have a problem since the electrical supply is still not upgraded. So they made this rule to limit storage heater rating at 1.5kW.

so, technically, a 3kW storage heater will still be able to work, but you may not want to turn it on for long time, or may want to avoid turning on all the high consumption appliance like aircon, induction hob etc all together at the same time.

But, but, i'm someone that if i'm already aware of a rule, i wouldn't wanna break it :lol: so i'm happy with my 1.5kW storage heater ;)

it takes around 20 mins to heat up since mine is a smaller tank - still acceptable to me.

thank goodness i don't on aircon all the time. or else, not sure will make the house having electrical trip or not.

hahaha... if all your appliances are purchased according to HDB rules, maybe you can still complain to them about power trips. but if not, dun think they will entertain any complaints... or do they ever entertain any form of complaints anyway? :dunno:

hahaha... if all your appliances are purchased according to HDB rules, maybe you can still complain to them about power trips. but if not, dun think they will entertain any complaints... or do they ever entertain any form of complaints anyway? :dunno:

my friend told me that downlight also will make the power trip.... hhhmmm.... i think depends on how the downlight was installed. he says something about something... i am not good in all these lah. heheheh....

my friend told me that downlight also will make the power trip.... hhhmmm.... i think depends on how the downlight was installed. he says something about something... i am not good in all these lah. heheheh....

downlights can make power trip? serious?? :o

downlights can make power trip? serious?? :o

yup, and he asked electrician to come have a look cos changed 10 fuse and yet still trip.... until he is tired of changing the fuse already.

Hi May,

Just wanna share some lobang with u

If u wanna mover - look for helping hands - cheap, fast, efficient, careful

If u wanna store rack for your home shelter - go to www.storerack.sg

I just moved in to my place on Sat, Helping Hands - really good and today use Storerack to rack up my Home Shelter.

FYI only hor... not vested .. :P

Hi May,

Just wanna share some lobang with u

If u wanna mover - look for helping hands - cheap, fast, efficient, careful

If u wanna store rack for your home shelter - go to www.storerack.sg

I just moved in to my place on Sat, Helping Hands - really good and today use Storerack to rack up my Home Shelter.

FYI only hor... not vested .. :P

thanks thanks.... i always use the same mover as he has helped me moved so many times..... so i will ask him again... my mover always say that my hobby is to move house. this will be last time i will be moving. :)

Will take note of the store rack...

thanks thanks.... i always use the same mover as he has helped me moved so many times..... so i will ask him again... my mover always say that my hobby is to move house. this will be last time i will be moving. :)

Will take note of the store rack...

oic your main hobby is to move house and your supplementary hobby is to increase wardrobe size per move :P