Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi hi... need your advice.

For a standard Queen Size mattress, 10" thick. Is it consider normal thickness? When I buy mattress cover, do i need to watch out for anything special ?

Both mine are 8 inches and they fit well with normal bedsheet. Not sure abt 10 inches though. You might have to ask the sales girl when you buy. I think 10 inches considered thicker mattresses already.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Do take special note when buying bedsheets. Most brands do state how much thickness their bed fittings can fit your mattress. The highest I saw is 17", about 42cm. 16" is up to 40cm. Major brands do carry up to 14" bed fittings and below, so you can buy your bedsheets at ease. As for my mattress, it is 16-17" thickness, so I need to find brands like King Koil etc. My mattress can't fit Aussino bedsheets. The thickest they offer is 15".

Sales person told me bedsheets costing abt $30 - $40 will do. Those in the $10+ range will not fit and will shrink alot. I've checked the bedsheets sold at John Little which state the thickness and true enough, no problem :thumbs up: .

Ok ok, thanks for all your advice. This will be my 1st time buying a proper bedsheets. ; p.

Oh, you never buy bedsheet before??

When I buy mattress last time did not know they got differs height, n when buying bed sheet, I only tell the sales person queen size. now I wonder wat is the standard mattress height. Anyone know?

Correct me if I'm wrong. I think 6" - 8" is the standard height. Girlie's previous single mattress is 6" while our Queen is 8". We just buy them from our heartland furniture shop.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I think 6" - 8" is the standard height. Girlie's previous single mattress is 6" while our Queen is 8". We just buy them from our heartland furniture shop.

Ya, mine is 8" and i can buy any bedsheet without worrying.

Ya, mine is 8" and i can buy any bedsheet without worrying.

Aiya now I understand why I cannot buy fitted bedsheet, coz mine is about 11".... Always got problem.

btw, the king coil mattress couldnt even fit into the lift and the poor workers had to walk all the way up to my unit.

Edited by potatoes

This is my first time buying a proper bed. I also thought all bedsheets can fit in all kinds of mattresses. So I never consider the mattress height before I purchase the bed. I thought 17" bedsheet fittings is easy to find, but it took me some time to find suitable bed fittings, and it is not cheap at all. Last time I slept in Ikea sofa bed, and I bought a lot of bedsheets from NTUC. Cheap and good, about $20+, can change anytime I want. When there is sales, I will buy a lot to keep. Now I want to buy new bedsheets I have to think twice.

Aiya now I understand why I cannot buy fitted bedsheet, coz mine is about 11".... Always got problem.

btw, the king coil mattress couldnt even fit into the lift and the poor workers had to walk all the way up to my unit.

How come? The lift so small? I thought my thick dunlop mattress cannot go into the lift, but surprisingly, the mattress can fit into the lift.

How come? The lift so small? I thought my thick dunlop mattress cannot go into the lift, but surprisingly, the mattress can fit into the lift.

I also don't understand,the lift has already just been upgraded but the mover said the lift is small as compared with some others.

Oh, you never buy bedsheet before??

LOL.... Yup... The last time I buy, was when I bought the SeaHorse Mattress, ask for 1 set FOC, on the spot buy 1 more, so don't need to worry since the sales person who sells me the mattress, sure will know which bedsheet size fits mine :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

After that I don't really need to chap... After that I squeeze with my MIL, so sleep a double, so also don't need to get any :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

ELECTRICIAN

I used an electrician that was recommended by another forummer instead of the one that is recommended by my contractor. The main reason was the pricing. The pricing from the one from my contractor is about 1k more ex than Ah Soon (the one recommended by forummer).

Would i recommend this electrician? Yes, i would.

Reasons:

1) Pricing wise, is one of the best i have seen

2) Workmanship wise, they really try to have as little trunking as possible. :sport-smiley-004:

3) Very careful with my lightings - especially my crystals light and my special 7 stars light in my MBR.

09d0888b.jpg

4) The installation of fans also very stable, maybe its not KDK?

5) Extra service without extra charges (without me deh-ing). What i mean? I wanted another lighting point for my LED spotlight for my painting which was not in initial quote. 2 of the T5 i bought for my kitchen island was wrong size (supposed to be 2ft instead of 3ft). So they bought it on their own to install the next day.

Any complain? Only 1, which they forgot 1 of my light suppose to be 2-way but they installed wrongly so in the end i have to choose another light as 2way instead of the one initially i told them. To me, its not big deal. Everyone make mistake and since mistake already done, just move forward and use another light as 2-way.

So those that want Ah Soon's number, can contact me. :yamseng:

yes, pls.

Ah Soon's #

This is my first time buying a proper bed. I also thought all bedsheets can fit in all kinds of mattresses. So I never consider the mattress height before I purchase the bed. I thought 17" bedsheet fittings is easy to find, but it took me some time to find suitable bed fittings, and it is not cheap at all. Last time I slept in Ikea sofa bed, and I bought a lot of bedsheets from NTUC. Cheap and good, about $20+, can change anytime I want. When there is sales, I will buy a lot to keep. Now I want to buy new bedsheets I have to think twice.

17"? that is super thick loh.... the mattress sure very heavy.... ya, i think really really difficult to buy bedsheet.

I also don't understand,the lift has already just been upgraded but the mover said the lift is small as compared with some others.

not all upgraded lift will be big enough to fit in a thick king bed. hehehe.... well, at least now you know so next time don't get so thick then maybe can fit in loh. hehehe....