Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi manutd1972, thanks for your idea. Someone suggested to change the bedroom2 as hall but I need it as a bedroom (guestroom). I can't have the master bedroom as it is cos too small. My wardrobe need at least 8 doors and my bed is ultra big. So your plan not very suitable for me.

wow...8 doors! perhaps a walk-in wardrobe would be more suitable for u? 8 doors is too many a door for a wardrobe i think.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wow...8 doors! perhaps a walk-in wardrobe would be more suitable for u? 8 doors is too many a door for a wardrobe i think.

woah you need wardrobe with 8 doors??? fantastic mann! LOL

i tot i got way too many clothings.. think you got more than me

woah you need wardrobe with 8 doors??? fantastic mann! LOL

i tot i got way too many clothings.. think you got more than me

Manutd1972, reglxt,

:P yes I know. It's crazy, right? I have no idea I have so much too. Currently using 5 doors and most of the time have lots of clothes cannot fit in. So it's all very messy in my flat now. That's why plan to have wiw with 8 doors (not physical doors, just using door as estimate- abt 17ft of wardrobe). :rolleyes:

If still not enough then will use the other bedroom to put clothes not used often.

Manutd1972, reglxt,

:P yes I know. It's crazy, right? I have no idea I have so much too. Currently using 5 doors and most of the time have lots of clothes cannot fit in. So it's all very messy in my flat now. That's why plan to have wiw with 8 doors (not physical doors, just using door as estimate- abt 17ft of wardrobe). :rolleyes:

If still not enough then will use the other bedroom to put clothes not used often.

den u're gg to pay a lot for ur WIW. 17ft is no joke.

when i was at the design stage in my reno, i was worried abt insufficient storage space, looking at the design my ID proposed. but after moving in and putting everything into the available cabinets, i realised i gt more than enough storage space. wat happened was during the packing before my moving, i threw away a lot of un-used or un-necessary stuff. u can't imagine hw much stuff i threw away. And these are nt things tt i need. they were "junk" tt i collected over the years. it's those "ah-maybe-i'll-need-them-someday" kind of things. Those in my generation will know cos a lot of our moms wld hv kept these stuff and unknowingly taught us not to anyhow throw things away.

the amount of "junk" i threw away filled up 6 bags of those ultra-large, thick plastic thrash bags. not those flimsy black ones tt most ppl use nowadays. and honestly, i haven't missed anything tt i've thrown away.

on top of throwing, i also gave away 3 bags of clothes tt i had hardly worn, and i still hv 1 bag full of other bags (haversack, slingbags etc) wif me here.

maybe u wanna go thru ur clothes and see if there's any tt u think u can give away. generally, clothes tt we only wear once every 6 mths shldn't be kept. tt's wat i learnt frm The Oprah Winfrey show on those episodes tt they deal wif pple who keep too many things.

not suggesting tt u're someone who keeps too much but 17ft WIW will really kill ur reno budget.

den u're gg to pay a lot for ur WIW. 17ft is no joke.

when i was at the design stage in my reno, i was worried abt insufficient storage space, looking at the design my ID proposed. but after moving in and putting everything into the available cabinets, i realised i gt more than enough storage space. wat happened was during the packing before my moving, i threw away a lot of un-used or un-necessary stuff. u can't imagine hw much stuff i threw away. And these are nt things tt i need. they were "junk" tt i collected over the years. it's those "ah-maybe-i'll-need-them-someday" kind of things. Those in my generation will know cos a lot of our moms wld hv kept these stuff and unknowingly taught us not to anyhow throw things away.

the amount of "junk" i threw away filled up 6 bags of those ultra-large, thick plastic thrash bags. not those flimsy black ones tt most ppl use nowadays. and honestly, i haven't missed anything tt i've thrown away.

on top of throwing, i also gave away 3 bags of clothes tt i had hardly worn, and i still hv 1 bag full of other bags (haversack, slingbags etc) wif me here.

maybe u wanna go thru ur clothes and see if there's any tt u think u can give away. generally, clothes tt we only wear once every 6 mths shldn't be kept. tt's wat i learnt frm The Oprah Winfrey show on those episodes tt they deal wif pple who keep too many things.

not suggesting tt u're someone who keeps too much but 17ft WIW will really kill ur reno budget.

because these few years, i have been moving house every 2 years, everytime i move, i have to throw away a lot of things. but i still have so many things. i think its not the wardrobe alone that is killing my budget but rather the kitchen as well.

but you might be right, i will have to relook at my plan and see whether its workable to reduce certain things. :)

because these few years, i have been moving house every 2 years, everytime i move, i have to throw away a lot of things. but i still have so many things. i think its not the wardrobe alone that is killing my budget but rather the kitchen as well.

but you might be right, i will have to relook at my plan and see whether its workable to reduce certain things. :)

just knock the middle room to make room for your Masterroom. then use the 3rd roomas guest room.

thenu have enough space for your wardrobe

just knock the middle room to make room for your Masterroom. then use the 3rd roomas guest room.

thenu have enough space for your wardrobe

yup, that is my plan. you can read my mind?? ahahahaha.... :P

CHOOSING ID

I have met up and spoken to 8 IDs/contractors. My initial choice was my friend that i personally know. his design and concept is really good, more than what i can think of. But when i saw the pricing, i was shocked!! my budget was only $40k for a 4-room resale flat. The condition of the flat is not terrible, actually the living and bedrooms are fantastic. My friends cannot believe that i wanted to redo them.. hehehehe.... :rolleyes:

So imaging my shock when i saw the pricing that was nealy $65k. After reducing is still around the range of $60k. That prompted me to go look for other IDs/contractors.

Finally, after a month of looking and getting quotations and discussions, i have settled on the firm that will do my renovation. Will not reveal them now until everything is done. Too many eyes in Renotalk. :notti:

Hi hi! *wave* just get to read your t-blog.... and was shocked to read...

17 ft of wardrobe???? OMG.... !! Me and my hubby combined only have 5.5 ft of wardrobe now~ :~

maybe you really need to consider manutd1972's suggestion to throw more things away.... :P

my hubby also used to rent rooms... moved every one or two years... threw things every time he moved. so in total he only has 7 boxes of belongings (those plastic toyogo boxes) and 2 cellos~ :lol:

Hi hi! *wave* just get to read your t-blog.... and was shocked to read...

17 ft of wardrobe???? OMG.... !! Me and my hubby combined only have 5.5 ft of wardrobe now~ :~

maybe you really need to consider manutd1972's suggestion to throw more things away.... :P

my hubby also used to rent rooms... moved every one or two years... threw things every time he moved. so in total he only has 7 boxes of belongings (those plastic toyogo boxes) and 2 cellos~ :lol:

*wave back* marsh, i am woman!!! definitely have more things than men. :sport-smiley-018: I do throw away a lot of things. Almost every month, there will be 1 plastic bag of stuff that i recycle (as in i will give away). the last i moved, i have 49 boxes of stuff!!!

I might reduced a bit of the wardrobe space but its better to have more than less. Hahahahaah.... i got no where else that have cabinet so all kind of stuff will put in my wardrobe.

Its not final yet, so still got chance it might get changed.

*wave back* marsh, i am woman!!! definitely have more things than men. :sport-smiley-018: I do throw away a lot of things. Almost every month, there will be 1 plastic bag of stuff that i recycle (as in i will give away). the last i moved, i have 49 boxes of stuff!!!

I might reduced a bit of the wardrobe space but its better to have more than less. Hahahahaah.... i got no where else that have cabinet so all kind of stuff will put in my wardrobe.

why not use the entire 1 bedroom as WIW with open concept? hehe... if u got a lot of stuff, storage is impt to keep things neat!! i see a lot of ppl convert an entire room to be a wardrobe... v nice leh!

why not use the entire 1 bedroom as WIW with open concept? hehe... if u got a lot of stuff, storage is impt to keep things neat!! i see a lot of ppl convert an entire room to be a wardrobe... v nice leh!

its a waste to use entire room... i am using half the room. but what you mean by open concept? no doors for the wardrobe?

All the best May_Dream1 on your new home! :) I hope it'd turn out awesome. And I say aye to the wardrobe! You've got all that space to yourself, why not? And besides, byebye to renting and boxes. It's a cause for celebration :yamseng:

All the best May_Dream1 on your new home! :) I hope it'd turn out awesome. And I say aye to the wardrobe! You've got all that space to yourself, why not? And besides, byebye to renting and boxes. It's a cause for celebration :yamseng:

:sport-smiley-004: Thanks rachel82. It was definitely the best thing that had happened to me so far. hehehehe....

then buy less things~ hahahaha :lol:

it's not true that men have less things... i have a male fren that owns more shoes than me!

its a waste to use entire room... i am using half the room. but what you mean by open concept? no doors for the wardrobe?

i supposed it means the whole room is like a dressing room so it's just full of racks for clothes?