Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

then buy less things~ hahahaha :lol:

it's not true that men have less things... i have a male fren that owns more shoes than me!

i supposed it means the whole room is like a dressing room so it's just full of racks for clothes?

hahahaah... i will try.. i will try... after buying this flat and do the reno, maybe really no money to buy so many things. ehhehehe....

i just have a whole wall that is 5.5m as racks so i guess that is enough. :dribble:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hahahaah... i will try.. i will try... after buying this flat and do the reno, maybe really no money to buy so many things. ehhehehe....

i just have a whole wall that is 5.5m as racks so i guess that is enough. :dribble:

5.5m??? top floor with slanting roof top type??

envious! i only have a pathetic 2.7m~ :~

(okie la, i know some HDB even less :P)

5.5m??? top floor with slanting roof top type??

envious! i only have a pathetic 2.7m~ :~

(okie la, i know some HDB even less :P)

hahaha.. i am talking abt width lah, not height!!! the width is 5.5m which is near to 17 ft.

i supposed it means the whole room is like a dressing room so it's just full of racks for clothes?

actually the open concept wardrobe is quite a good idea, if u designate a whole bedroom to be your WIW.

u can design it like a library vault, like that one in the Vatican as shown in the movie Da Vinci Code: Angels and Devils. Racks and drawers against the walls, with a pole system wardrobe in the centre. very classy i feel....

I went to my new flat to do measurement with the contractor. This time, i look at the whole flat properly on where and the best way to do cabinets and placement of items i wanted.

Also tested the water flow in both the toilets. Was very happy with the water flow cos it was very strong!! :bath:

Any of you know whether its ok for me to steal some "leaves" from the garden that "don't know who" planted along the jogging/walking path?

I assumed its planted by National Parks as its part of making the river walk nicer. Its full of pandan leaves that i wonder whether i can take a few when i boil desserts. haaahaha... :notti:

Edited by May_dream1

actually the open concept wardrobe is quite a good idea, if u designate a whole bedroom to be your WIW.

u can design it like a library vault, like that one in the Vatican as shown in the movie Da Vinci Code: Angels and Devils. Racks and drawers against the walls, with a pole system wardrobe in the centre. very classy i feel....

Whole bedroom? cannot lah, the reason why i hack 1 wall is so that the room is big enough for my bed. if i use whole room for my wardrobe, then my bed cannot fit in. I can only use half the room for wardrobe or else i am back to square one where my bed cannot fit into the room.

CHOOSING TILES

I was very excited to start my renovation so first stop was to choose tiles. After choosing tiles, the contractor will come out with 3D designs of my flat. He promised there will be about 4-5 pieces of 3D so that i can look at them and start commenting whether its really what i wanted or there is things for me to change.

On sat morning, i was woken up by the sound of hacking on the flat above me. It started about 8plus on a Saturday morning. I thought it is not allowed but i let it be as i am going to do renovation soon too. Be considerate, i told myself. But after 4 hours, i cannot take it anymore, went upstairs and look at the notice then called to complaint. I hope whoever is the owner for a unit at blk 639, AMK, please ask your contractor to be considerate!!

Met my contractor then went to Soon Bee Huat at Changi road. Although it seem like tons of tiles to choose from, some are totally out, i will never even look at them. Some is ok, but not worth second look. Some are quite acceptable, but after 2nd look, its a no-no too. For now, i am considering these only.

tiles-common.jpg

tiles-masterbath.jpg

The next time i will try to go another showroom to see whether anything else suitable. That would have to be after CNY as these 2 weekends before CNY, a lot of things to do. Excluding these 2 weekends plus CNY weekend, i only have 5 more weeks to go before my renovation. Hmmm... doesn't seem like a lot of time after all if need to order tiles. :unsure:

or.. if i see u steal the pandan leaves there

i write in n complain

but hor. u dnt want to steal the leave there

i see they put fertilere and thens sometime ah meow n ah kao.. pee pee there..

or.. if i see u steal the pandan leaves there

i write in n complain

but hor. u dnt want to steal the leave there

i see they put fertilere and thens sometime ah meow n ah kao.. pee pee there..

organic pandan leaves!! i dont' mind... hahahaha.....

organic pandan leaves!! i dont' mind... hahahaha.....

hahahaha but the cats and dogs don't eat organic food i supposed :lol:

actually i dunno how a pandan plant looks like... i always see the leaves only~ :unsure:

actually i dunno how a pandan plant looks like... i always see the leaves only~ :unsure:

Doesn't matter what the dogs and cats eat. i am sure their food are cleaner than humans'.

come my place when its ready, i show you how does pandan plant looks like since the whole stretch near my flat are full of them, thanks to National Park. heheheeh.... good for making cakes and desserts.

Hey May,

You're staying in Boon Keng? Is your area near Sheng Song? Your place really is huge for a single dwelling haha :)

Looking at the space you have, I was thinking along the same line with others about having a single room for WIW...

Just some food for thoughts, since you don't want to use up an entire room perhaps you could hack both walls of "Bedroom 3" and "Main Bedroom". Have the new "Bedroom 3" wall eat some space into the living room and sit it flush with the main beam of the "Main Bedroom" and "WC 1". With that, you'll have a slightly bigger room than just hacking the wall between "Bedroom 3" and "Main Bedroom".

You can then partition the combined room into one big section as your sleeping area and the small section as WIW directly next to the toilet entrance. As such, once you exit the "WC 1" you'll be in your wardrobe so you can take your time to pick your clothes in your WIW after showering. Was gonna advise you to lock the WIW entrance when you do that but remembered that you're living alone so not an issue I guess :P

The above is just an idea, hopefully it can help spark some inspiration in you. Nonetheless take your time here as there's tonnes of ideas in Renotalk haha... but do check with your ID or contractor to see if it's feasible for your flat as main beams, pipes and what-nots really affect the final design quite a lot :/

Edited by istel

Whole bedroom? cannot lah, the reason why i hack 1 wall is so that the room is big enough for my bed. if i use whole room for my wardrobe, then my bed cannot fit in. I can only use half the room for wardrobe or else i am back to square one where my bed cannot fit into the room.

huh? how big is ur bed? got mattress so big to fit meh? i thot biggest mattress is king-size?

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?q=pandan+p...049&bih=542

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?q=pandan+p...=1t:429,r:1,s:0

i thinking of growing one myself....cos i like to boil barley drink and always end up wasting half a stem when i buy frm NTUC or Sheng Seong. 1 big pot of barley drink only use abt 10 leaves, and always have enuf leftover for another big pot. but can't leep too long, cos it'll dry up within a few days.

Edited by manutd1972

Hey May,

You're staying in Boon Keng? Is your area near Sheng Song? Your place really is huge for a single dwelling haha :)

Looking at the space you have, I was thinking along the same line with others about having a single room for WIW...

Just some food for thoughts, since you don't want to use up an entire room perhaps you could hack both walls of "Bedroom 3" and "Main Bedroom". Have the new "Bedroom 3" wall eat some space into the living room and sit it flush with the main beam of the "Main Bedroom" and "WC 1". With that, you'll have a slightly bigger room than just hacking the wall between "Bedroom 3" and "Main Bedroom".

You can then partition the combined room into one big section as your sleeping area and the small section as WIW directly next to the toilet entrance. As such, once you exit the "WC 1" you'll be in your wardrobe so you can take your time to pick your clothes in your WIW after showering. Was gonna advise you to lock the WIW entrance when you do that but remembered that you're living alone so not an issue I guess :P

The above is just an idea, hopefully it can help spark some inspiration in you. Nonetheless take your time here as there's tonnes of ideas in Renotalk haha... but do check with your ID or contractor to see if it's feasible for your flat as main beams, pipes and what-nots really affect the final design quite a lot :/

Hi Istel, thanks!! :) that is exactly what I am going to do. All my plans and designs for IDs was that kind of layout. :)

I am already quite fixed on my design, now just selecting tiles, colours of cabinets and wardrobe.