Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noobsea

Ceiling Fan

Would apreciate if anybody can give some feedback on this.

I mention to my grandma that I would like to install ceiling fan in my new house.

Immediately, she told me not to do cause the ceiling will "blow" away our fortune and suggested we go for wall mount fan in the living room.

Izit true that ceiling fan will "blow" away out fortune -(CAI)?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Some landed properties have ceiling fans too, not just 1 in the hall but as many as 2-3 of them.

My granny & my parent's bungalows have ceiling fans, but during their stay in those houses, it never seemed to have such an adverse effects on them. On the contrary, my dad enjoyed huge windfalls becox those ceiling fans would probabbly not have any impact on his bazi (prosperous, very "heng" with $$ type).

And if u noticed, some landlords who rented out their homes have installed ceiling fans, to cool off the room fast.

So if u adhere to such beliefs & would feel psychologically uneasy after the installation, then do without it. Use normal fan will do. Or if ur pockets allow, install aircon.

coffee shop also got ceiling fan, primary schools or childcare center also got ceiling fan, etc

--> never hear of any coffee shop or child care center bankrupt ?

As long as it is cooling, enjoy the breeze.

- Ask yr grandma to stay in room and close all windows and door, to keep all the "chai". :D She is correct: save electricity = save $ = keep "cai"!

-Hall is sure bigger than room, need bigger blade, eg 56-inch ceiling fan, for proper air circulation. Wall fan, the most abt 30-inch, needs to install a few leh.

- Smaller blade with high rpm will create the "noise".

Would apreciate if anybody can give some feedback on this.

I mention to my grandma that I would like to install ceiling fan in my new house.

Immediately, she told me not to do cause the ceiling will "blow" away our fortune and suggested we go for wall mount fan in the living room.

Izit true that ceiling fan will "blow" away out fortune -(CAI)?

Edited by godloveyou

Hi devil 82

Don worry, think nothing will happen everything will be fine

at ease now.......moving to new home on wed....ceiling fan install yesterday.... :)

Edited by Devil_82

at ease now.......moving to new home on wed....ceiling fan install yesterday.... :)

Relax.. Life's a breeze now. Courtesy of the fan above.

Be sure to use KDK. Other brands are cool but not so breezy. :P

From what i have heard, it is okay to install ceiling fan but NOT those with light attached to it.

my 2 cents worth !

Not heard, true fact, unless these fan built with OT light which casts no shadow, when rotate. If the ceiling fan makes your mind "kong kong" then it is not a good choice of brand/maker/model/type, same apply for lighting. My common sense worths.

Edited by bepgof

If I need to worry about ceiling fans, I'm not so concerned about it blowing off my wealth.

I worry more about safety. There was a recent case in which one of the blades broke, flew off & slashed into a guest at the lobby of a hotel.

And I've seen those where, the fan is going to drop off from the ceiling soon...

We got our re-sale unit audited by FS master 7 mths ago. Told FS master we are installing ceiling fan in living room and all 3 bedrooms. he adviced it is ok to install ceiling fan with light. also the ceiling fan must not be directly above head ( u wont get any wind anyway if it is directly above ).

We got our re-sale unit audited by FS master 7 mths ago. Told FS master we are installing ceiling fan in living room and all 3 bedrooms. he adviced it is ok to install ceiling fan with light. also the ceiling fan must not be directly above head ( u wont get any wind anyway if it is directly above ).

Can tell who is the fsm?

As long as the lighting won't cast the shadow of turning blades, then it's ok. Watch out for sunlight reflection too. KDK's 56VK got Led light, at night with lighting off, look nice.

Edited by bepgof