Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chia90

Quite An Interesting Chart On Pte Property Trend In Sg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

aiyo... how would i know??

but based on the trend, buying now would be at the higher end of the index...that's all... saying that, it does NOT mean it will u-turn anytime... just that maybe there is a slightly more limited upside vs you buy at the bottom of the trend chart??

above is based on my greenhorn and limited knowledge...

to all the experts out there, maybe you could share a bit more?? Thanks in advance.

cheers,

oh, and one more, govt policies can definitely have a strong influence on the directions lor...

Hi

So prices will go up or down? When?

Edited by chia90

Hi

So prices will go up or down? When?

I think that question is like playing roulette :)

Personally I hope that the pte pty prices will drop next year after CNY. I think HDB prices may hold, unlikley to drop below valuation, after all COV also dropping now.

Any guesses when the next General Election is going to be? Am guessing that pte pty prices may dip after GE. Just a hunch, not based on any hard facts.

yup, its a million dollar question ( afterall, pte property starts from ard $1mil nowadays) ....

for those waiting to buy, they will hope prices will fall, and for home owners or those invested, they will hope prices continue its uptrend...

end of the day, it depends on market forces (bank rates, liquidity, economy, the greed, fear, etc, etc ) and govt policies...

i have no idea too... the only thing i know, it is nearer to the peak today than 2 yrs ago.....

I think that question is like playing roulette :)

Personally I hope that the pte pty prices will drop next year after CNY. I think HDB prices may hold, unlikley to drop below valuation, after all COV also dropping now.

Any guesses when the next General Election is going to be? Am guessing that pte pty prices may dip after GE. Just a hunch, not based on any hard facts.

Edited by chia90

interesting graph.

However, it does not take into policy changes over the last few year. 1 of the more significant indicator of future prices is increase cost of land. The recent plots that are released by the government are quite expensive, and the enbloc cost also went up. Thus, chances of new property to drop in prices is quite low.

However, resale mkt maybe more difficult to predict.

The "interesting curve" look like is the terrace house's price index. Here is PI for majority catageories of pte pty, but did not breakdown into F/H, L99,OCR,CCR,RCR.....

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8625/pr...etrends2010.jpg

No one can tell what will happen tmr. Can only agar agar based on past trend + prevailing mkt conditions/short-long term economic outlook....So I say:

Price drivers:

- Low mortgage loan interest rates - likely to maintain for a year or 2.

- Low bank deposit interest rate - investors invest "somewhere else"

- Bridght econ in Asia - global econ prime mover - > 10 years

- High GLS, enbloc price, as long as CPI is positive, land cost will "all the way up"

- Demand, immigrate inflow - slowdown liao, to how many?

- USA QE effects - "hot money"- yet to experience the effect

Price breakers

- Supply > demand, who knows??Statistic Board?

- Political unstablity - unlikely with 5 to 10 years.

- Econ down? Unlikely within 5 yrs.

- Domestic lending rates up, highly possible

- SAR-like, super bug ??

- Energies crisis?

- Great natural disasters, ash lah, snow, flood, winds....affect food supply, tourism...

Whenever PI shoots up 15%-20%yoy, or 5-7%% qoq, government's "visible hand" will come in and "press" the % down. Typically Singapore's CPI has been maintaining at 3% yoy rate, meaning that any investment that yield > CPI is a good investment.

Edited by bepgof