Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dizyweds

Dizy's Love Nest @ Coral Spring

woah another from coral spring! hehehe..

Hi Jacq.. u are referring to us or ml08576?? haha..

im from 410B. still a loonnngg way to keys collection.

so now hubby and me taking our own sweet time to look look see see =D

oo 410B.. seems like the last blk to receive keys... but yea!! start looking ard already... cos time will zoom past before u even know it!! haha

hope u find ur ideal ID/Contractor and have a smooth reno!!

no lah, just that i applied for coral spring before trying fernvale. Luckily fernvale gave me chance, if not I'm still stuck to old place!

and of course we are glad we got this house - simply love every bit of it! Actually we think that this is one of the very few good decisions we had made! :o

Hi froggy... even u din get to select CS, end up ur FV got keys earlier somemore!! thats something for rejoice!! =)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi froggy... even u din get to select CS, end up ur FV got keys earlier somemore!! thats something for rejoice!! =)

ya, bc for FV, i am selecting from the leftover, at that time, they already started building FV. I still remember that time very stressed. Before my appointment date, everyday check online for the units that had been taken. By the time our appt date, I think only 5 or 6 units left liao. We really needed to get a unit, so though not our ideal unit, still grab ! But having lived in FV for a good 3 months now, I really liked the place!

ya, bc for FV, i am selecting from the leftover, at that time, they already started building FV. I still remember that time very stressed. Before my appointment date, everyday check online for the units that had been taken. By the time our appt date, I think only 5 or 6 units left liao. We really needed to get a unit, so though not our ideal unit, still grab ! But having lived in FV for a good 3 months now, I really liked the place!

we also got our unit from those balance flats.. so although the project started in 2007, we got our unit in 2008 and waited 1 yr less.. but still its a grusome 2yr+ wait... haha

anyway, its great to hear u love ur own place!! =)

wow, the bed really looks very inviting and comfy! btw, where did you get the bedside table and mind sharing the price too :)

----------------

Sealy Mayfair (King Size)

The wife fell in love with this mattress the moment she lay on it.. Of cos, there were more comfortable ones but at a price that was way over our head..

The plushy pillow top feels really comfy.. Can't wait to start sleeping on it! =)

5296066561_283a26f011.jpg

Sealy_Mayfair by dizy.weds, on Flickr

wow, the bed really looks very inviting and comfy! btw, where did you get the bedside table and mind sharing the price too :)

----------------

Haha sorry if we misled you.. The pic is mainly to show the mattress we bought.. The other items do not belong to us.. =)

And yea this mattress is truly very comfy!

DiZy tips of the day

Opennet

We talked to our ID about opennet and he told us we can arrange for opennet to be installed earlier i.e. once we collect our keys so that after that when we fix our false ceiling/L-box it will be concealed.

So, we emailed in and enquired about opennet and heres their reply:

For Residential Premises, we will carry out the works in 2 phases:

Phase 1:

We will install the optic fibre cable to the MDF/TER room in the Development, using existing infrastructure as much as possible. Then we will seek to extend the optic fibre from the MDF/TER room to respective risers.

Phase 2:

After completion of phase 1, we will work with you on the deployment of optic fibre to the residents. With your approval on the installation, we will send the letter of invitation to sign up directly to each Residential Unit address.

in layman terms, it simply means opennet is carried out in 2 phases, 1st - they lay the fibre optic in ur estate then, they lay it to ur hse...

Unfortunately for us, the fibre optic is not laid at our estate yet so we cun arrange for them to lay to our house early...

but this might be useful to others out there, like u! ;)

DiZy tips of the day

Opennet

We talked to our ID about opennet and he told us we can arrange for opennet to be installed earlier i.e. once we collect our keys so that after that when we fix our false ceiling/L-box it will be concealed.

So, we emailed in and enquired about opennet and heres their reply:

in layman terms, it simply means opennet is carried out in 2 phases, 1st - they lay the fibre optic in ur estate then, they lay it to ur hse...

Unfortunately for us, the fibre optic is not laid at our estate yet so we cun arrange for them to lay to our house early...

but this might be useful to others out there, like u! ;)

Thanks for the info!

I'm lucky my new place has already completed phase 1 and my seller (despite being an old uncle - think ard 50-60 yrs old), has the foresight to install it for potential buyer. :P

But i'll be doing electrical rewiring for the new house. not too sure if it will affect the fibre optic cable. :dunno:

we were considering between Mitsubishi Starmex and Heavy Industries aircon and were doing our aircon shopping today and we found out something that might be a piece of useful information for everyone considering between these 2 as well..

Mitsubishi Starmex vs Heavy Industries aircon

we found out that actually Mitsubishi themselves do not bring in their heavy industries aircon to Singapore market but instead, these heavy industries aircon is brought in by a dealer "Wo Kee Hong"..

meaning to say, for heavy industries aircon if u require repair, etc and need their spare parts, Wo Kee Hong is the one to go to as Mitsubishi themselves will not have the spare parts..

another thing to consider... Wo Kee Hong only have 1 shop in Singapore.

We duno how established they are.. but in the event that they close down, u will have no one to look for, for heavy industries spare parts...

in any case, this is just food for thought.. if u are considering heavy industries aircon, u might wanna research on this area before u confirm ur purchase..

we were considering between Mitsubishi Starmex and Heavy Industries aircon and were doing our aircon shopping today and we found out something that might be a piece of useful information for everyone considering between these 2 as well..

Mitsubishi Starmex vs Heavy Industries aircon

we found out that actually Mitsubishi themselves do not bring in their heavy industries aircon to Singapore market but instead, these heavy industries aircon is brought in by a dealer "Wo Kee Hong"..

meaning to say, for heavy industries aircon if u require repair, etc and need their spare parts, Wo Kee Hong is the one to go to as Mitsubishi themselves will not have the spare parts..

another thing to consider... Wo Kee Hong only have 1 shop in Singapore.

We duno how established they are.. but in the event that they close down, u will have no one to look for, for heavy industries spare parts...

in any case, this is just food for thought.. if u are considering heavy industries aircon, u might wanna research on this area before u confirm ur purchase..

Mit Starmex and Mit Heavy Ind are different distributors.

I have heard and read bad ratings on the latter. Even my a/c installer and during servicing, the person says it is better not to take.

So i guess is best to avoid.

Best are Daikin or Mit Starmex. :D

Philips Appliances / Electronics

Just a week ago, the husband, through the help of his business counterpart managed to get an opportunity to purchase Philips products @ their showroom for 40% staff discount.. So, being the very kiasu us, we listed out the appliances that we wanted to purchase and the husband headed to the showroom to grab them.. Below are the products we bought!

Clock Radio [AJ3138/12]

We love the cutsey design so we got 2, one for the husband, one for the wife.. It comes with both blue and pink for each clock.. The wife will definitely be using pink, which is her favourite colour!

5335688877_01955163bf.jpg

DVD Micro Theater [MCD107/98]

For the entertainment room.. For movies! Need we say more? =)

5336292246_3ed112d021.jpg

Aluminium Collection Blender [hr2094/00]

It blends ice too! Time for some movie smoothies... *winks*

5335678879_e9f161f1b1.jpg

Azur Steam iron [GC4620]

We know nuts about irons (wife included)! But we know that the heavier the iron, the easier time the wife will have ironing.. So we decided on this after checking out a few @ Courts.. This was also recommended by the staff there..

5335678935_32538f7463.jpg

Sandwich Maker [HD2383]

The husband loves ham and melted cheese from the sandwich maker.. A replacement for movie popcorn perhaps? =P

5336292406_ed1d0f6493.jpg

Rice Cooker [HD4746]

Again, clueless about rice cookers.. It's one of the nicest on the website.. =P

5335679015_e770a28bf9.jpg

We were really disappointed to find that the vacuum cleaner we wanted to get was out of stock though.. It was priced at a cool $160 off the retail price.. But it was out! However... we managed to get it still in the end (not at Philips showroom though).. Check out the next post for more info.. =)

Philips SilentStar Vacuum Cleaner (Energycare) [FC9302]

So, what got us so hooked on getting this VC? Cos it has a cool 400 for suction power and it uses only 1250 W.. Very energy saving we would say.. =)

In addition, it comes with a silent nozzle.. (We've tried it @ home and the crazy noise our current vacuum makes is de-amplified by about 10 times!)

The husband is truly impressed with this vacuum cleaner..

And.. We got it @ a great deal @ the CNY fair in NTUC Xtra (Nex).. $120 cheaper than the selling price @ Courts, Harvey and Best (which are selling it @ $399)

And to make it a sweeter deal, we got a $20 CapitaVoucher from their spin-the-wheel event.. Not much, but better than nothing!

Offer lasts till 12th Jan if anyone is interested..

5335679085_f3b85f16e2.jpg

Edited by dizyweds

Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter System 4 Aircon

We actually intended to get our System 4 from our ID's supplier.. But what All Best offered us @ the Suntec Electronics & Furniture Fair was really too good to miss.. (I believe they offer the same deal @ their IMM branch as well)

For $3650, we have the following...

- 3 x MSY-GE10VA (10k BTU), 1 x MSY-GE26VA (26k BTU - This is a free upgrade from 18k BTU)

- Armaflex Insulation

- Unlimited piping

- 2 trips for installation

We also extended our warranty which means for 5 years, all costs are covered and the workmanship warranty is for 8 years..

5335679157_014e7053c1.jpg

Mit Starmex and Mit Heavy Ind are different distributors.

I have heard and read bad ratings on the latter. Even my a/c installer and during servicing, the person says it is better not to take.

So i guess is best to avoid.

Best are Daikin or Mit Starmex. :D

We did hear some stuff about it as well and the servicing requires a special type of gas but we have also heard good reviews on it..

So it very much depends on individuals if they are willing to see past the cons of it I guess..