Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dizyweds

Dizy's Love Nest @ Coral Spring

helo Miss Dizy, can u pm me yr JB furniture address? Thanks. :)

Hi, please Pm me the jb furniture address too. thanks!

Hi,

Can share the address and name of the JB furniture shop?

Thanks!

Hi Dizy, can you pls pm the name and address of the JB furniture shop ?

Thanks n have a splendid Chinese New Year :D

!

All pm-ed! =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hey check with u all ah,

if lets say when they deliver the furniture /lightings wif defects..ask them to go back JB n deliver again? Is it v troublesome to reach them if after delivery...as times goes by there is smth wrong wif the furniture/lightings? Just wanna check abt the warranty also

Jacq, from what we gathered from our friends who bought furnitures from JB.. before we buy, we must confirm the warranty from them. like what u said, found defects upon delivery, will they do replacement etc..

as the other day we only went in to recce so we haven really went to the details but their warranty on sofa includes the seats which if it soften and sink overtime, they will come and do replacement or something that sort...

read somewhere duno from which forum also, that to safeguard ur interest, take pictures of the things u buy also.. when they deliver u can compare..

Hi dizyweds,

may I check with you, where did you buy your Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter [3 x MXY-GE10VA, MSY-GE26VA]? And how much did you buy it for?

and from your 3D drawings, it seems like for your bathroom, you would be hacking away the sink provided by HDB and installing a new one?

sorry so many questions. :)

Hi dizyweds,

may I check with you, where did you buy your Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter [3 x MXY-GE10VA, MSY-GE26VA]? And how much did you buy it for?

and from your 3D drawings, it seems like for your bathroom, you would be hacking away the sink provided by HDB and installing a new one?

sorry so many questions. :)

we got our aircon config from All Best, during the Electronics & Furniture Fair @ Suntec..

damage was $3650..

the toilet vanity is what HDB is giving us.. we're not hacking anything in the toilet...

To add on this, sorry to hijack a bit.

Normally, for furniture delivery, the delivery guys will ask you to sign an invoice that you have received the goods in good condition. But if you find some of the furniture in not good condition, you do not sign that invoice first. Just call the furniture shop on the spot when you find the defect to tell them and make sure the delivery guys are still around while you're on the phone. When you have settled the issue with the furniture shop over the phone, you can tell the delivery guys of the situation and ask them to write down what needs to be replaced on your own copy of the invoice as well as theirs. The next step is just as what dizyweds say, take pictures to verify your issue.

Now, sometimes furniture passing thru customs checking might be subject to scratching, I had a few minor scratches that is not very noticeable on 1 or 2 furnitures from JB but that is acceptable.

For warranty issue, better to confirm the warranty provided by the shop and ensure it is listed in the sales/purchase invoice for customer and shop copy.

Jacq, from what we gathered from our friends who bought furnitures from JB.. before we buy, we must confirm the warranty from them. like what u said, found defects upon delivery, will they do replacement etc..

as the other day we only went in to recce so we haven really went to the details but their warranty on sofa includes the seats which if it soften and sink overtime, they will come and do replacement or something that sort...

read somewhere duno from which forum also, that to safeguard ur interest, take pictures of the things u buy also.. when they deliver u can compare..

Thanks BunBun!!

I see that u bought ur furnitures from JB too... so I'm sure u're speaking from ur own experience..

May I ask where u bought ur furnitures from??

Normally, for furniture delivery, the delivery guys will ask you to sign an invoice that you have received the goods in good condition. But if you find some of the furniture in not good condition, you do not sign that invoice first. Just call the furniture shop on the spot when you find the defect to tell them and make sure the delivery guys are still around while you're on the phone. When you have settled the issue with the furniture shop over the phone, you can tell the delivery guys of the situation and ask them to write down what needs to be replaced on your own copy of the invoice as well as theirs. The next step is just as what dizyweds say, take pictures to verify your issue.

Now, sometimes furniture passing thru customs checking might be subject to scratching, I had a few minor scratches that is not very noticeable on 1 or 2 furnitures from JB but that is acceptable.

For warranty issue, better to confirm the warranty provided by the shop and ensure it is listed in the sales/purchase invoice for customer and shop copy.

I have a friend who has bought some furniture in JB and has a bad experience. One of the items was not in an acceptable condition and when he called the shop, a saleperson wanna charge him transportation fees for 2 trips, to-and-fro, if he really want to ask for a replacement. And if the singapore customs were to ask for GST again, my friend would have to absorb it. In the end things got so bad that he have not paid them in full, as my friend is going to forfeit the last payment as his compensation for that unacceptable item.

yeah the concern abt scratching or chip while delivery from JB to our house raise my concerns..smore our lift is so small..bound to hit here n there..n whether after the delivery, any defects we found , if they out to repair, will we need to pay for their transport n service anot..smore they coming out from customs not ez..n have to coordinate calls to get it done...

Dizyweds,

You're welcome! :) Actually, I posted a thread on the furniture shop and curtain shop before, you may refer to this thread

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=30602&hl=

The people at the furniture shop and curtain shop in this thread are friendly and will go far in suggesting recommended models to suit budget. As they were recommended thru' my relative, I didn't have a problem with them. After 2-3 years staying in my current place, I feel that the furniture are worth what you buy as my current furniture are still standing. In fact, some of the furniture pieces are quite heavy to move about so there's very little moving and shifting movement in the house. Therefore, you can be sure how the furniture quality is like.

But to put a note here, different people have different experience. So other people's views may differ from mine in this case.

Thanks BunBun!!

I see that u bought ur furnitures from JB too... so I'm sure u're speaking from ur own experience..

May I ask where u bought ur furnitures from??

I did mention before in the forum that some shops do waive certain fees if you buy alot of furniture from them. Some furniture shops do provide free delivery. But no matter what the gimmick is, be sure to ask the terms and conditions of the warranty and whether transportation/gst charges for a new replacement is included.

I have a friend who has bought some furniture in JB and has a bad experience. One of the items was not in an acceptable condition and when he called the shop, a saleperson wanna charge him transportation fees for 2 trips, to-and-fro, if he really want to ask for a replacement. And if the singapore customs were to ask for GST again, my friend would have to absorb it. In the end things got so bad that he have not paid them in full, as my friend is going to forfeit the last payment as his compensation for that unacceptable item.

It can be a hassle to coordinate the delivery and etc but you need to examine carefully the furniture because I already mention in my earlier post, the delivery guys will ask you to sign an invoice to confirm that the furniture are received in good condition. The point is, check all furniture for any defects before signing any invoice. Plus you need to ensure warranty, t&c is covered in your purchase copy and the shop's copy.

yeah the concern abt scratching or chip while delivery from JB to our house raise my concerns..smore our lift is so small..bound to hit here n there..n whether after the delivery, any defects we found , if they out to repair, will we need to pay for their transport n service anot..smore they coming out from customs not ez..n have to coordinate calls to get it done...

LG 42" FHD LED TV [42LE4500]

After CNY visiting, we concluded that the original plan of having our existing 32" TV for our living room is too SMALL! haha...

So when we went to buy our electrical appliances yesterday, we got ourselves another TV for the living room.

We laid our eyes on this LED TV which is only a dollar less than a grand!! =D

5441325493_82085ef1ef.jpg

Panasonic Fridge (Inverter) [NR-BY551XSSG]

We were originally thinking of getting an unfanciful Hitachi fridge and only after we saw this for a mere $200 more for an inverter fridge and the looks that mesmorized us that we were certain we are getting this model..

5441325415_a30c93b9a4.jpg

LG 10KG Washing Machine [WF-T1000]

Washing Machine was a really simple call..

We have a LG washing machine at home currently that has been working so efficiently for years that the wife is so bent on getting another one for our new home.. and of cos, the affordability won us over too! =)

5441929706_03eb72c6c8.jpg

Brandt Glass Gas Hob / Wall Mount Hood [TG-890XC / AD-658XC1]

We were sourcing for our hob & hood in Harvey Norman yesterday as well..

The 3 burner Hobs that Turbo have, the burners are of very close proximity to each other.. we feel that if thats the case, it defeats the purpose of buying a 3 burner as u will not be able to use the other burner once u use ur wok..

Other brands that they have are Electrolux and Brandt..

The wife then sets her eyes on this pair of Brandt Hob & Hood which are made in Italy and France respectively..

5441326773_6ca17a4dfe.jpg

5441932100_18c7136f32.jpg