Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dizyweds

Dizy's Love Nest @ Coral Spring

Hi Dizyweds,

May I know have you got your rain shower? How is it? Any problem so far? Btw, which company you bought from Ebay? Thinking to get one of this type of rain shower.

Cheers:) Emobebe

Hihi,

Yupz, we got our rain shower last week.. It took abt a week + from the day we ordered till it arrived..

I'm not sure if it's a stroke of bad luck on our end but we received a mixer with a small little dent.. Tried contacting the seller but he din reply..

So I suppose we won't recommend this seller to anyone..

We can't be sure if it's the customs officer or the mixer was already defected when it was sent out.. =(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ok, so those who have been reading our T-blog will be asking.. Another TV?!?

Yup, we were so impressed with the TV @ the IT Show (We think the host did his job really well) that we grabbed it during the hourly special..

$400 more expensive than the LG TV we initially bought.. But we had a free entertainment system which we managed to sell to recoup some of that..

The LG TV that we bought has also been sold.. =P

50hz to 100hz with an addition of sub-woofers and clear picture and ambient lights.. We think it's a pretty good upgrade? (Or so we hope.. =p)

wah where you managed to sell off so many stuff? :o

This coming week, tiling works will start for the living room..

We are still considering if we shld use marble (tho we already chose our homo tiles..)

Will need to wait and see how much ID will quote and how deep a hole in the pocket it will burn before we decide...

btw, post some pics on your marble leh, i want to see~ :sport-smiley-004:

wah where you managed to sell off so many stuff? :o

btw, post some pics on your marble leh, i want to see~ :sport-smiley-004:

The TV we sold to a neighbour who was also going to buy the same TV..

As for the entertainment system, the wife's office has a buy-sell online intranet platform where they can post stuff to sell.. Managed to sell it there.. =)

No marble pics yet.. =)

Going to choose the slabs this Saturday! Woo Hoo.. Will upload pics aft that.. =)

The TV we sold to a neighbour who was also going to buy the same TV..

As for the entertainment system, the wife's office has a buy-sell online intranet platform where they can post stuff to sell.. Managed to sell it there.. =)

No marble pics yet.. =)

Going to choose the slabs this Saturday! Woo Hoo.. Will upload pics aft that.. =)

wah so good mah? hahahaha i can ask my friend to help me sell next time... she and your wife working for same company ;)

woohoo waiting for your marble pics! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi,

Ur designs are nice. Do you mind to share with me ur ID and quote? Do they have a website which i could visit?

Hihi,

Our ID is Johnson from Debbie Decor.

He doesn't have a website but I've PM-ed you his contact.. =)

Marble Selection

So we've made a big, big decision and decided to change to marble flooring for our living/dining area instead of homogenous tiles.. =D

We went for a "dry lay" session today at the tiles warehouse @ Sungei Kadut..

Spent one hour choosing 157 slabs, making sure we liked the grains and that the marble had no defects etc..

@ the end of it, this is the rough overall look of how it will be..

From the main door entrance

5570796228_e5d9ec8c61.jpg

From the bed room entrances

5570206619_15176922b5.jpg

Close up of one of the tiles..

5570796262_21677e5616.jpg

Renovation Progress

There hasn't been much going on @ our unit last week..

One reason was cos we decided to change to marble last minute.. Else, flooring shld have been done by now..

Checked with Johnson and he sees says there won't be a delay in schedule as carpentry works are ongoing and so far they have completed the kitchen cabinets, entertainment room console and study table, MBR cabinet.. And they are working on the living room carpentry now..

Hacking of the living room will be tomorrow and thereafter, tiles will be laid.. Estimated completion beginning next week.. Painting works will then start and then carpentry will be up..

Gas pipes and gas heater will be installed tmr..

Think there will be lotsa changes in our unit from this week to next.. Can't wait, can't wait!! =D

I cant wait to see updates too!

So living rooms and all bedrooms marble?

Just curious, what's the damage?

Initially was thinking of doing for my living area, but was put off by the cost. haa.. :P

I cant wait to see updates too!

So living rooms and all bedrooms marble?

Just curious, what's the damage?

Initially was thinking of doing for my living area, but was put off by the cost. haa.. :P

no lah.. we oni doing the living/dining..

the bedrooms will still be HDB given parquet...

Renovation Progress

Was over @ CS today and they have started hacking! I reach around noon when the workers were having lunch break so managed to snap some pictures. Hehe..

IMG-20110330-00515.jpg

City Gas arrived around 2pm and started to lay the gas pipes.. Johnson was there to tell them how to lay, I was there to kpoh only (and to take pictures of course).. Lolx..

IMG-20110330-00523.jpg

IMG-20110330-00524.jpg

Citygas heater is also up in the service yard!

IMG-20110330-00520.jpg

Right after gas pipes are up, hacking is done, debris is cleared and sand has been hauled up to prepare for laying..

IMG-20110330-00527.jpg

Tomorrow ~~

- Laying of slabs in living room

- Painting in rooms

Can pm me your quote mat and your I'd contact ? Thanks

We choose the paint from nippon catalogue. Any range, any colour.

To be specific, the paint we get for large surface like living room come in Matex bucket. And the rest in Vinilex5000 bucket (the cheapest range in catalogue)

However, the paint colour we have selected fall under the category of Odourless (premium), Easy wash (premium), Vinyl silk and Vinilex5000

This explains why this is shocking to us. A check with friends around, eyes widen when hearing matex paint.

Have heard many examples of contractor using inferior paint.

When asked about the 3 big tins of matex paint, he told us the painter use it for base coat. But base coat with our colour code?? And later say inside is what we choose, just the bucket is different. At least, after our persistence, he changed for us immediately. That settles all.

We did not specifically choose premium range paint. The colour tone is different for different range. To us, it's the colour we are after. Like our living room, the colour we like is under Vinyl silk. And some people who are more sensitive to bacterial might choose 3-in-1 medifresh and those with kids might like Easywash.

We are still in the stage of rectification and is pretty major. Replace of cracked tile and plastering are enough to dust the whole house. We have given dateline to wrap up all rectification by month end.. cos the whole reno is really too long, although taking into consideration for all holidays, it is simply too long from 15 nov...... 8|

Hi,

I really like your MBR design.. Can email me the quote so I can roughly know how much u spent there.. :) Thanks alot!

Email : chevolet2003@yahoo.com.sg

Edited by chevolet