Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rosschang

Grills: are they necessary?

Hi to all,

I need some advices urgently, can someone help? The story is that my home's aluminium grilles are completed and the grille contractor is asking for payment already but I realised that there are scratches here and there. Is it a norm to expect fine scratches on the grilles? Dunno whether to release the last payment to him. Someone please advice, thanks...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
There is no dilemma. Grilles are a necessity of modern apartment living, either to prevent intruders from coming in, or to prevent accidents by children (even if you don't have your own yet, your friends may bring children over from time to time).

Even for my landed place, grilles are installed on the second storey so that kids won't climb out the window.

25th floor, grilles or no grilles? Thought of only installing in the kitchen cos that is the only window next to neighhbour unit.

25th floor does look a bit scary without grilles but then again, we are not always going to stand at the windows and look vertical down. Really dilemma, cos do not like the look of being "cage in" yet as some said, for safety. My sis already jokingly said she not bringing my nephew to my house liao ... :rolleyes:

25th floor, grilles or no grilles? Thought of only installing in the kitchen cos that is the only window next to neighhbour unit.

25th floor does look a bit scary without grilles but then again, we are not always going to stand at the windows and look vertical down. Really dilemma, cos do not like the look of being "cage in" yet as some said, for safety. My sis already jokingly said she not bringing my nephew to my house liao ... :(

I think the main thing is whether there will be kids living or coming to your house. No kids (and dogs) allowed in my house.. so no grilles... :sport-smiley-004:

I think the main thing is whether there will be kids living or coming to your house. No kids (and dogs) allowed in my house.. so no grilles... :P

got kids just close and lock the windows...... just open the small one on top of the main sliding one for ventilation and air circulation.....

Sigh.. me nw have to think about this. both FH's and my parents wan us to put up grills but we thot of putting it up after the wedding.

plus also, i would like to have the nice uninhibited view for a while since we live on 24th floor. :sport-smiley-004:

the both of us have nieces and nephews so guess our parents are concerned about that lor...

should i get it now ? or later ? :sport-smiley-018:

Sigh.. me nw have to think about this. both FH's and my parents wan us to put up grills but we thot of putting it up after the wedding.

plus also, i would like to have the nice uninhibited view for a while since we live on 24th floor. :sport-smiley-004:

the both of us have nieces and nephews so guess our parents are concerned about that lor...

should i get it now ? or later ? :sport-smiley-018:

I guess it is just a matter of time, either now or later. Having grilles does not mean end of the world for you I guess, you can always slide the grilles to the side. But if you are willing to pay more, I think that there are some special grilles that you can move all to the end to get tge uninhibited view.

Normally new home owner will tend be more critical with the things that are installed or placed in the home but everything will become transparent after a while once you move in.

thanks fr ur advice sumobear. i agree with wat u said about new home owners being more critical.

anyway, me and FH have pretty much decided. initally we wantd to replace the toilet tiles with window grilles. but i realise that even if we have the budget later on, we wun likely do the toilet anytime soon. !! but we will do the grilles later on when we have kids !!

so we've decided on toilet tiles now and grilles later .. wheeeeeeee ! :dancingqueen: !!