Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AY33

Advc Pls - Roller Blind

The roller blind installed in my master bedroom window not even sufficient to cover the whole window panel, as a result, light still shine thru & reflect at my wardrobe at nite which is so irritating. So upset, spent $600 on installing tis blackout custome made roller blind but didnt get the result I want. The curtain supplier A kept pointing to the technical points which I don't understand at all, in short he refused to replace, citing reason the track has gone to max etc, but his other partner B came the other day mentioned that we have to pay for the cost if we decide to change another panel.

The window measurement is

70" x 53"

33" X 53"

31" X 53"

Is it a norm that all roller blind have gaps in between & light can still shine thru for blackout roller blind ? Can anybody advc or do u encounter similar experience ? Am thinking to get a 2nd opinion.

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The roller blind installed in my master bedroom window not even sufficient to cover the whole window panel, as a result, light still shine thru & reflect at my wardrobe at nite which is so irritating. So upset, spent $600 on installing tis blackout custome made roller blind but didnt get the result I want. The curtain supplier A kept pointing to the technical points which I don't understand at all, in short he refused to replace, citing reason the track has gone to max etc, but his other partner B came the other day mentioned that we have to pay for the cost if we decide to change another panel.

70" x 53"

33" X 53"

31" X 53"

Is it a norm that all roller blind have gaps in between & light can still shine thru for blackout roller blind ? Can anybody advc or do u encounter similar experience ? Am thinking to get a 2nd opinion.

Thanks.

are you referring to this?

IMG_3669.jpg

if yes, correct, there will be gaps around the window area that outside light will "leak" inside.....

blackout blinds are totally opaque and will not allow light to pass thru at all, even when shining a torchlight on the material.... if can shine thru that is not blackout blinds; they are called perforated blinds, in 3%, 5%, 10% light transmittance...

also, if the measurements are taken by them, ask them to make good at no extra cost to u, since as an experienced installer they will factor in the required gaps and allowances....

Edited by neubie

70" x 53"

33" X 53"

31" X 53"

Thanks.

does not cover the whole window panel? i would think they might have measured or done the blind size wrongly...

im not sure what u mean by roller blind have gaps in between? Do u mean that they give u 2 panels of blinds for 1 window and hence there is a gap in between 2 blinds?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32843456@N00/

The installer came again, push the track more to the left, now the light flash to another side of the wall. Pls see pics for better understanding. Now he suggest to increase the width of the bracket on the pabel of the roller blind to 'cover' the gap on the other side of the window panel, and he cant guarantee this will solve the problem. Faint!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32843456@N00/

The installer came again, push the track more to the left, now the light flash to another side of the wall. Pls see pics for better understanding. Now he suggest to increase the width of the bracket on the pabel of the roller blind to 'cover' the gap on the other side of the window panel, and he cant guarantee this will solve the problem. Faint!

the longer-window blind should be done in one continuous length, unless u specify u want them done in smaller sections.... if his done wrongly, then ask him to redo lor....

the longer-window blind should be done in one continuous length, unless u specify u want them done in smaller sections.... if his done wrongly, then ask him to redo lor....

They said cannot be done on 1 continuos length, they dont even want to chg the

affected 1 panel,

needless to say redo. Sian...getting 2nd opinion fm otr

installer, so sad a happy reno event has turned horror. Stress to

deal wif these despite money spent. Can lodge

a complaint to CASE ?

That's a big joke. Try asking for other supplier n they will say it's possible. Bottomline is your installer dun wanna absorb the cost n want u to pay for a new one.

They said cannot be done on 1 continuos length, they dont even want to chg the

affected 1 panel,

needless to say redo. Sian...getting 2nd opinion fm otr

installer, so sad a happy reno event has turned horror. Stress to

deal wif these despite money spent. Can lodge

a complaint to CASE ?

Are you a member of case already? Must be member first before you can lodge. Why don't you test water on the venfor first. Most of them hear 'case' will back out a bit

Are you a member of case already? Must be member first before you can lodge. Why don't you test water on the venfor first. Most of them hear 'case' will back out a bit

Am not a Case member. Quite lazy & busy to complaint.

After browsing thru sm websites & sm threads here,

regret to hv engaged tis curtain maker, so few selections

& bad wrkmanship. Sigh...shld hv done sm hm wrk. Thanks

everyone for yr advc, appreciate it !