Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider201

Is Our Reno Expensive?

Hi...

Please read the below mentioned & comment if you think our contractor is ripping us off???

$280 -->acid washing of floor (3room flat)

$2650--> 2 x wardrobes

$700--> semi-hollow door

$1800--> rewiring of electrical points

cheers...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi...

Please read the below mentioned & comment if you think our contractor is ripping us off???

$280 -->acid washing of floor (3room flat) Yes

$2650--> 2 x wardrobes depends on length and internal structure, laminates used etc...

$700--> semi-hollow door very expensive, assuming its normal bedroom door

$1800--> rewiring of electrical points depends on number of points, complexity and whether its designer switches

cheers...

hi gimz63251073...

thanks for the heads up but can i ask what price shd the the acid washing of the floor be???

cheers...

:) mine is about $200 or $180...can't remember le.

Doors u can try Yontat. If i remember correctly, they quote me is $260-$280 for semi hollow bedroom door.

Electrical pricing u may have to try to dig out info from the renovation works category.

Carpentry is the most tricky...u probably have to get another contractor to quote u for it for comparisons.

Cheers!

$700--> semi-hollow door

If it's for 1 door, $700 should be a 100% solid timber door.

For HDB type of door, if u r not going for a veneer door, or a designer type of timber door, then nyatoh, semi-solid door is good enough. That one will allow u to paint over or when there r scratches, u could touch up by using sandpaper & varnishing it again.

If it's veneer, any scratches or damages are not reversible.

acid wash is purely a labour cost. my contractor charged me about 250 i think, for my 4rm hdb.

$700 for semi hollow door seems ex... i paid about 320. usually is 280, but the door guy say cos we choose the more expensive key/lock set, had to pay more.

indeed, carpentry work for wardrobe u need to compare with a few quotes. depending on size. i was quoted abt 220/ft.

acid wash is purely a labour cost. my contractor charged me about 250 i think, for my 4rm hdb.

$700 for semi hollow door seems ex... i paid about 320. usually is 280, but the door guy say cos we choose the more expensive key/lock set, had to pay more.

indeed, carpentry work for wardrobe u need to compare with a few quotes. depending on size. i was quoted abt 220/ft.

I have one contractor quoted me $200 for acid washing for 5-room flat.

As for cabinet, I have also a quotation for 200/ft for casement door wardrobe, or $220/ft for sliding door wardrobe.

For doors, classic door is only $130-145, whereas solid wood door will be $250-280 per pc.