Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
endlssorrow

Tv, Washing Machine, Etc

Hello All,

I guess i have to purchase TV, washing machine, cooking stove (HOB) etc first to be delivered to my new house so that contractor/IDs can make measurement & installed for me when the setting is done right? Therefore I would like to seek u guy feedback for the items for my new HDB 4rm.

a) I intend to purchase LED TV for false wall inside living room. Which brand/model should I to go for it? But I will not choose sony as it is over-price for its brand. Maybe Samsung or LG? Should it be 42 inch or 46 inch? Budget less than 3k? which shop? courts, Best, Harvey?

b) Which brand/model washing machine should I go for it? I don’t intend to buy 2 separate cylinders - 1 for washing, 1 for spinner/dryer. Budget $500? Should be enough to get a reasonable set right? which shop? courts, Best, Harvey?

c) Which Hob / Hood package should i take since it will be installed inside the cabinet? For minor/simple cooking & soup during sat. I do not need oven as it will place on top of the cabinet. which shop? courts, Best, Harvey?

d) I am looking for tower type fan for living room as it looks nicer & save more space although i have a ceiling fan. Any model to share?

http://www.courts.com.sg/ecourts/elec/ip015701.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by endlssorrow

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

u don't need to purchase TV, washing machine, cooking stove (HOB) first.

Get the measure 1st, then discuss with your ID

Agree. there is no need for u to buy first if u still early in your reno.

for TV, if u already decided on the size, u can get the dimensions and inform the contractor in case u need to drill the hole in the feature wall if u using the TV Bracket. the size of the bracket is quite standard, basically big or small.. depending on the size of the TV u will use. For me, I already had the TV i intend to use for the living room, so i went to buy the TV bracket and get the electrical guys to help me drill hole and put up the bracket/TV. As for where to buy, u can find out the models/prices fm HN, Best etc... and then call those HDB shops for a quote for the model u want, usually u can get better.

for washer/dryer, the sizes are also very standard... so basically u just need to know where u intend to put in the kitchen, and ensure u have sufficient space n no fixtures obstructing it. similarly u can call and check for the best prices.

cooker hood n hob... unable to advise as i used the existing one fm the seller.

Fan, i think most reliable will still be KDK. will let other experts advise.

For TV, I will recommend Panasonic's plasma TV. I liked their colour schemes which makes the show more enjoyable & lively looking with beautiful colours tones.

As for LED, the high resolution & "sharpness" gives me a headache after watching the TV programmes for a long period of time.

For TV, I will recommend Panasonic's plasma TV. I liked their colour schemes which makes the show more enjoyable & lively looking with beautiful colours tones.

As for LED, the high resolution & "sharpness" gives me a headache after watching the TV programmes for a long period of time.

LED will give headache ah? omg..

but plasma very thick lei... or i get LED normal resolution & sharp can le.. got such thing? LOL

how long you look at the LED TV.

I had watching for the whole afternoon.. so far .. head not aching

May be is the brightness setting too high?

Lower it.

Too bright, see liao.. head will gong gong one.

plasma very hot

LED use less electrical