Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Mouldy Vhive Furniture

anyone has any issue with vhive furniture?

my dresser, side tables and shoe cabinet are all moldy.....

my other furniture are ok....

maybe their furniture not meant for singapore climate?

Edited by zhiz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
anyone has any issue with vhive furniture?

my dresser, side tables and shoe cabinet are all moldy.....

my other furniture are ok....

maybe their furniture not meant for singapore climate?

sorry to hear that you have this problem - looks like you are not alone :(

i read about a number of cases of mouldy vhive furniture before, but forgot whether it was on RT or sgbrides.

yup, same here...the wardrobe I bought about 2 years old now, were moldy already a few months after delivery, even now the mold returns after a few weeks or month after wiping.

the set I bought was terrible in construction, the doors were mostly all crooked - just the other day, I re-drilled the hinge holes to bring down one of the door height so that the top corner will not catch against the top edge. yah, so now the gaps where the door should cover is bigger...hmmm, maybe should just dismantle and dump all the doors and use curtains to cover.

I had another one that is a shoe cabinet from the same place, though no mold problems, but the shelves are all warpy especially in the middle section.

think wardrobes have to buy those with good wood, or else go for local made (plywood) or custom local made.

Edited by micah4

My 8-month-old VHive shoe cabinet (bought at $220) became mouldy on the external and interior surfaces last month.

I doubt it's due to the humidity in my living room because the other furniture pieces which are 9-years-old are fine and have no mould on them.

I sprayed bleach on my Vhive shoe cabinet, left it for 30min and wiped it off with cloth. 1 month has passed and no mould has re-grown on it. *keep fingers crossed*

My 8-month-old VHive shoe cabinet (bought at $220) became mouldy on the external and interior surfaces last month.

I doubt it's due to the humidity in my living room because the other furniture pieces which are 9-years-old are fine and have no mould on them.

I sprayed bleach on my Vhive shoe cabinet, left it for 30min and wiped it off with cloth. 1 month has passed and no mould has re-grown on it. *keep fingers crossed*

The best treatment for mould on furniture is white vinegar, clean with a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water and let it dry. That should kill the mould and prevent the mould from coming back.

The best treatment for mould on furniture is white vinegar, clean with a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water and let it dry. That should kill the mould and prevent the mould from coming back.

Thanks. I will spray white vinegar mixture this weekend to my shoe cabinet. I notice some moulds are growing back on it. :(

Thanks. I will spray white vinegar mixture this weekend to my shoe cabinet. I notice some moulds are growing back on it. :(

Rainy season these few weeks so easy to get moldy. I am thinking of buying dehumidifier.

Rainy season these few weeks so easy to get moldy. I am thinking of buying dehumidifier.

I put 2 tubs of charcoal tubs to absorb humid in my shoe cabinet but moulds still grow on it.

The mould has grown back on my shoe cabinet :(

I will proably discard the shoe cabinet and get new one.

Edited by forgotten

The mould has grown back on my shoe cabinet :(

I will proably discard the shoe cabinet and get new one.

The mold are incredible. Inside outside all got. Took pics and email to vhive also but no responses. Me also now need to look for new dresser shoe cabinet and side tables

The mold are incredible. Inside outside all got. Took pics and email to vhive also but no responses. Me also now need to look for new dresser shoe cabinet and side tables

Ya lor, the interior areas of my shoe cabinet also kenna moulds. It's really disgusting! I almost also bought wardrobe from VHive last year, luckily I didn't.

My other furniture in living room have no sight of moulds. Thus I'm pretty sure that Vhive doesn't treat their furniture wood properly, otherwise why their furniture kenna moulds but other furniture from other vendors don't?

Edited by forgotten

I would not advise anyone to buy Vhive furniture and the new Ikea cupboards where the back boards are very porous, the older Ikea furniture are ok,

We treat mold on a daily basis, so we know the problem furniture around.

Notice that most vhive furniture do not use laminate, it is just a patterned paper sticked onto the cupboard surfaces.

The only thing for people who uses vhive or the new (certain models) Ikea furniture is to paint it up, with a semi or high gloss paint, forget about the anti - mold paint, as we are always called up to rectify the problem on the painted walls,

Remember that the protein in paint is a food source for molds.

I bought a wardrobe from VHive some years ago and it was plagued by mold as well. Exasperated, I called them within a month after purchase and they only offered to take it back for a partial (50%) refund. Reluctantly, I decided to cut loss and bought another wardrobe from a neighborhood store. It was much, much better.

I won't be buying any wardrobes from VHive anytime soon but I hv bought their office chairs, which are fine and pretty good value for money.