Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beetroot

Simmons Mattress

Hi hi people. I got my Simmons Beautyrest Symphony for $1728 at Robinson's Spring sale on Friday. Any comments or feedback? I hope I made a good buy. It comes with pillow top but it is not non-flip !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hmm, I am really deliberating between Serta and Simmons. Anyone have any comments over the 2?

hmm... do a search for the thread "Beds to buy"

lots of useful info there...

here is the quote from what I posted earlier regarding Serta and Simmons mattresses

FIRST, a disclaimer :deal: the following are strictly me and my FW's opinions... we are sharing it to allow for comparision for fellow forummers who just started out seeking mattresses, and have no idea where to start. You may or may not agree, but do give feedback if we did give information that is wrong, which is never the intention of this post ;)

ok... we tried the various Simmons mattress and this is our findings:

Platinium... good and firm...softer than the Silver award(Sealy), and the price is definately a great incentive to wanna get it. if you are thinking of a Silver Award, you are better off with the Platinium from Simmons. Similar feel, less pricey.

Backcare with the negative ions is also comfortable... comparable to the Platinium, but firmer. Has a very pleasant smell eminating from the mattress. Salesman claims it is from the crystals that are embedded in the layers of comfort, used for producing the negative ions, claimed to be able to let one get a sounder sleep and a better rest. Good in all aspects, interms of feel, and comfort(esp for guys), but a bit pricey.

Lakeview... a mixture between the Platinium and the Backcare, softer than the Backcare, cost more than the Platinium. Comes with anti-dust mites embeded in the fabric. IMO, not really worth the price, top up a few hundred, can get the Back care liow.

My preference for firm beds is in stark contrast with my FW's preference for soft beds. SO-O-O-O... we are seriously considering on getting a Serta Arizona.

Why Serta Arizona? well, in terms of feel, it is really a good mix between soft and hard... plush pampering comfort when you lie down on it, yet you can still feel the firmness of the mattress without the sagging feeling of a hammock when lying down on it. Unless there is a better alternative...looks like this is the one :(

there have been quite a few new models added to the list since I did my research a little more than half a year ago... if you are interested, I can intro you my sales man, then you can check it out at his store. We felt we got a bargain from him... so PM me if you want his contacts :dunno:

all the best in your search

I like simmons too, been using mine for 6 years and still going strong. But I find that simmons' mattress are quite thick, hence have difficulty buying bedsheets. So far, I only found sintex 300 threadcount, hushpuppies and stylemaster (certain types) fit my mattress but they are a tight fit. Does anyone knows other brands ?

I highly recommend Co'zy, the eygptian cotten sateen one. Very very comfortable and cooling.

I highly recommend Co'zy, the eygptian cotten sateen one. Very very comfortable and cooling.

co'zy expensive or not??? :D

hmm, I am really deliberating between Serta and Simmons. Anyone have any comments over the 2?

like most people say in this forum, buying a mattress depends a lot on your own comfort preference loh....

but, it is good to do some research 1st before making a decision. mattress is not cheap leh. ;)

my advise will be definitely simmons. i bought my simmons beautyrest glendale on Jan '07 from ackerman & smith. until now, i dun have my usual backache in the morning anymore. every nite i am able to sleep well on it. even my wife says it is 8|

1st, reliable brand. :P

2nd, many good feebacks from customers, forums etc. 8|

3rd, good investment if you want to buy something that worth the price and last long. 8|

4th, service is good. 8|

5th, really comfort. :notti:

cheers 8|

side-track abit.....

anybody got any recommendation for pillows?

i got 2 pieces of simmons deep sleep pillows, but they are 'too low' for me. anybody interested in deep sleep pillows?

;)

hi!

anyone bought simmons lakeview recently? and what is the current going price? was quoted about $2.7k at their gallery.

try robinsons or ackerman smith.... they will give you a better prices. :bangwall:

just bought a simmons beautyrest charleston plush, king size from ackerman & simth...

comes wif divan set, head board, 2* simmons pillow, 1 simmons protector and 1 non simmons bolster

all at 3400 nett....abit exp leh..

but hor i think bed is impt...coz sleep is impt...also buy a better one good for wife next time when she is pregnant....

duno the market rate..did i dio carrot?? :notti:

Edited by stdout

just bought a simmons beautyrest charleston plush, king size from ackerman & simth...

comes wif divan set, head board, 2* simmons pillow, 1 simmons protector and 1 non simmons bolster

all at 3400 nett....abit exp leh..

but hor i think bed is impt...coz sleep is impt...also buy a better one good for wife next time when she is pregnant....

duno the market rate..did i dio carrot?? :notti:

whats the RRP for this matteress? no discount?

the divan if bundle with matteress should be abt $400...pillow/protector are freebies...

Hey guys i just bought my Simmons Lakeview Mattress along with the usual freebies of 2 X Simmons DeepSleep Pillows, 1 X Mattress Protector and 1 X non.Simmons bolster.

I also bought the Astro Bedframe............but anyone knows when we buy the bedframe.......does the headboard comes along also?

Or bedframe and headboard are different things?

Hey guys i just bought my Simmons Lakeview Mattress along with the usual freebies of 2 X Simmons DeepSleep Pillows, 1 X Mattress Protector and 1 X non.Simmons bolster.

I also bought the Astro Bedframe............but anyone knows when we buy the bedframe.......does the headboard comes along also?

Or bedframe and headboard are different things?

Hi, can i know how much u bought the bed? at where?

Hi, can i know how much u bought the bed? at where?

I bought it from Ackerman which they were running the Simmons booth @ Expo.

Pricing wise is about 3200.

u thinking to get it also? Try looing for Jim, felt got my things thru him.

hi,

juz bought a simmons millner classic plush king size + divan + headboard along with 2 X Simmons DeepSleep Pillows, 1 X Mattress Protector from ackerman... service quite gd...