Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LPG

20k Budget Possible For 3rm ?

Any possibility for a 3rm complete overhaul @ 20k ?

The house is very run down, no floor tiles, or wall tiles of any kind in kitchen, all the walls have not been done up at all, there's no kitchen cabinet or proper sink. Contractors will love this place as there is very minimal hacking to be done so I assume I can save a little on the hacking part.

Flooring - I am considering laminated floor

Ceiling - a simple white ceiling with bright down lights

Kitchen - to have kitchen cabinets etc to run from one end to the other, covering one side

Rooms - the usual cabinets for mgr and children room

I wish I have pictures to show how run down it is, I might call up agent to pop by and snap pictures and post it all up

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Any possibility for a 3rm complete overhaul @ 20k ?

The house is very run down, no floor tiles, or wall tiles of any kind in kitchen, all the walls have not been done up at all, there's no kitchen cabinet or proper sink. Contractors will love this place as there is very minimal hacking to be done so I assume I can save a little on the hacking part.

Flooring - I am considering laminated floor

Ceiling - a simple white ceiling with bright down lights

Kitchen - to have kitchen cabinets etc to run from one end to the other, covering one side

Rooms - the usual cabinets for mgr and children room

I wish I have pictures to show how run down it is, I might call up agent to pop by and snap pictures and post it all up

We spent about 26K to do our 5-rm, which includes hacking kitchen, 2 toilets, living room floor and redoing all the tiles, kitchen cabinets, painting... so I think 20K is quite reasonable for you. :)

Yes, it all depends on how you manage your budget with your id or contractor.

I spent near to 25K on my 4A flat, which includes hacking of kitchen and 2 toilet tiles, tiling, painting, electrical works, mbr carpentry, kitchen carpentry!!!

thanks for the replies, if 4/5rm is above 25K, then 3rm looks like its going to be below 20K :)

for laminated floors, is there suppose to be a layer so that contractor can paste the laminates over?

my upcoming 3rm has no tiles whatsoever

thanks for the replies, if 4/5rm is above 25K, then 3rm looks like its going to be below 20K :)

for laminated floors, is there suppose to be a layer so that contractor can paste the laminates over?

Set a budget and play around with it. Get IDs or contractor who can help you to save money one.

Getting a contractor is conform better.I had my resale 3room done up with 22k.pm mi if u need his contact.

unfortunately, went to a 3 id today and all quoted above 25k as a ball park figure.

a little over our budget but design wise they were good.

probably can be done but you may choose to cut down on carpentry and wall tiles

but you need to consider wiring which may push your budget a little

probably can be done but you may choose to cut down on carpentry and wall tiles

but you need to consider wiring which may push your budget a little

Carpentry works are the ones thats costly, if u have tight budget, forgo the wardrobes, feature wall, tv console, shoe cabinet etc etc...u can save a couple of grands.

I suppose it costs the same whether u hack living room only or whole house...no diff, also 2 bangalah doing the job :)

dont forget u need to set aside another sum of $ for lightings, kitchen and toilet accessories and other household furnishings.

i tink it depends on the carpentry and materials used? for mine was 30+ for renovation. other items like sofa already cost me 8+k. wardrobe 3+k. if i can forego the "want" i can save a substantial amount.

frankly for 20k budget, forget about those IDs... look for contractor instead...

things like feature wall should be treated as luxury item.. :)

If want to cut cost you can:

- opt for no kitchen wall tiles

- DIY painting

- outsource windows and doors

The above are the simplest to outsource and can save a bundle. Would be even better if you can get a direct carpenter.

Other things like furniture/fixtures:

- furniture can get cheaper ones, can easily change later.

- get normal taps, basins, shower accessories. My kitchen tap is like $20 and it does the job.

- curtains/blinds get from off the shelves

- buy only during sales, be it from IKEA, Tangs...etc... --> this saved me a lot!

if you guys do not mind can i have the contractors you have mentioned details ?

my new house coming soon hope to find some contractors to do the house we have the design and drawing ready just need

a contractor to make the reno.

just take note of their designs and try out with more contractors/IDs firm..... custom-built kitchen cabinets are never cheap.... but not sure what u mean by u spent a lot time in kitchen cabinets?

LOL... what i meant was we spend alot of time in kitchen... COOKING.

and not IN the cabinet

frankly for 20k budget, forget about those IDs... look for contractor instead...

things like feature wall should be treated as luxury item.. :)

If want to cut cost you can:

- opt for no kitchen wall tiles

- DIY painting

- outsource windows and doors

The above are the simplest to outsource and can save a bundle. Would be even better if you can get a direct carpenter.

Other things like furniture/fixtures:

- furniture can get cheaper ones, can easily change later.

- get normal taps, basins, shower accessories. My kitchen tap is like $20 and it does the job.

- curtains/blinds get from off the shelves

- buy only during sales, be it from IKEA, Tangs...etc... --> this saved me a lot!

thanks for another GREAT input.

House needs to plaster up, so painting can be done together

We already have tons of kitchen stuff ... all from previous years and most recently Tangs sale (pots/pans/fork/spoons)

Curtains / Blinds - already have those too from previous home, so don't need to buy

Engaging an ID would save me the whole trouble (and TIME), but like every one suggests, to save money

get a contractor and we'll be able to save tons. I guess I got to do my own design and show contractor etc

Things I need to (for my on record purpose) :D

Find contractor (or seperate contracto/S) to

. Do laminated flooring ---- Parquet flooring too expensive !

. Plaster up and Paint entire house

. Kitchen floor tiles (no wall tiles)

. Hack toilet into ONE toilet with glass in-between (not sure if HDB will approve or not)

. Room to have cabinets as well, childrens room to have study table

Gonna do some concept drawings and post it up :D Hope some contractor will find this thread and PM me :D

thanks for another GREAT input.

House needs to plaster up, so painting can be done together

We already have tons of kitchen stuff ... all from previous years and most recently Tangs sale (pots/pans/fork/spoons)

Curtains / Blinds - already have those too from previous home, so don't need to buy

Engaging an ID would save me the whole trouble (and TIME), but like every one suggests, to save money

get a contractor and we'll be able to save tons. I guess I got to do my own design and show contractor etc

Things I need to (for my on record purpose) :D

Find contractor (or seperate contracto/S) to

. Do laminated flooring ---- Parquet flooring too expensive !

. Plaster up and Paint entire house

. Kitchen floor tiles (no wall tiles)

. Hack toilet into ONE toilet with glass in-between (not sure if HDB will approve or not)

. Room to have cabinets as well, childrens room to have study table

Gonna do some concept drawings and post it up :D Hope some contractor will find this thread and PM me :D

hi bro, plastering and glass are both expensive items... :unsure:

frankly, if you cook a lot, it's harder to clean/maintain if kitchen is without wall tiles - something you gotta be mentally prepared of.

how about buying ready-made cabinets for room instead of custom-made? this can save quite a lot of $$ too. study table can just buy from ikea.