Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Newie-X

Any One Stay In Penthouse/rooftop?

Any one stay in penthouse/rooftop?

Can share how it is like?

Mine has a 700sqft roof terrace. It was bare when i bought it. Had to spend some money putting up a trellis and buying plants for shades and greenery.

I allocate a small section for laundry, and it's great for drying clothes at the roof terrace. Often, the clothes are dry by noon.

It's a great area for gatherings and entertaining friends and family. We always have BBQ up there instead of using the condo's BBQ pit. Plus the city and sea view at night is beautiful.

I also chill out there by reading and surfing the internet (must have a strong router though!)... but only in the evening or at night. Day time can be quite hot!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Partitioning part of the roof terrace is probably illegal as it increases GFA. your condo mcst will likely not approve it.

I have just bought a new unit with a roof terrace with an area of about 800 sqft. I understand that there is a ruling to how much it can be roofed over (not airconditioned). Part of my roof terrace has a trellis bulit by the developer. I am thinking of extending it to provide a dining area but not to take up the whole area. I intend to have some garden landscaping with a small pond at one side. Is that allowed?

I agree with blue skies that laying wooden planks over the tiles may not be ideal as it could house bugs underneath...scary thought. Is there no way to maintain them so that they can be pest free? Maybe by spraying insecticide occasionally? The 'planks' I saw at some landscaping stores comes in tiles and can be removed easily (?)

I have just bought a new unit with a roof terrace with an area of about 800 sqft. I understand that there is a ruling to how much it can be roofed over (not airconditioned). Part of my roof terrace has a trellis bulit by the developer. I am thinking of extending it to provide a dining area but not to take up the whole area. I intend to have some garden landscaping with a small pond at one side. Is that allowed?

I agree with blue skies that laying wooden planks over the tiles may not be ideal as it could house bugs underneath...scary thought. Is there no way to maintain them so that they can be pest free? Maybe by spraying insecticide occasionally? The 'planks' I saw at some landscaping stores comes in tiles and can be removed easily (?)

I have 1 ft by 1 ft chengai wood tiles. Every 6 months, I stack them all up and clear the debris below. Leaves, dog fur... I give the ceramic tiles under there a good scrub and then lay the wood tiles back on.

Edited by petunialee

I have 1 ft by 1 ft chengai wood tiles. Every 6 months, I stack them all up and clear the debris below. Leaves, dog fur... I give the ceramic tiles under there a good scrub and then lay the wood tiles back on.

wow.. that's quite a lot of hardwork. Most importantly, you enjoy it. Cheers!

thanks, my next door neighbour air-conditioned his whole roof terrace......besides summons from BCA, what other possible penalties from condo mgt?

Nevertheless would also like to enquire if it is necessary to redo the existing wooden planks on the roof terrace (how long do this wood usually last?). Shall we be worried on the condition underneath the wooden planks? I do not wish to spend $$$ to re-lay these planks but is also worried about condition underneath the planks...

My condo management requires submission of design for all renovations and they have to agree to the design before they give out the Reno permit. If you condo is the same ( read the bypass), you won't be able to start work. If Ou do this illegally, they may make you tear it out. Any other penalties, read the bypass.

Best answer for your wood question is to lift up and check condition yourself.

Thanks! looking forward to "re-inventing" the roof terrace! Hopefully mgt won't disapprove on the build ups

My condo management requires submission of design for all renovations and they have to agree to the design before they give out the Reno permit. If you condo is the same ( read the bypass), you won't be able to start work. If Ou do this illegally, they may make you tear it out. Any other penalties, read the bypass.

Best answer for your wood question is to lift up and check condition yourself.

I'm staying in one. What would you like to know?

hi may I know if you have a great interior design in your condo flat? Because I am looking for a location for filming a scene. Do drop me a mail at wcwycjt23@gmail.com if you are interested with your contact number. .

Thanks.

Hi,

Can anyone comment on this type of rooftop of a penthouse? The rooftop total area is about 1000-1100 sq ft.

The open area has 3 parts (they are circled) and in the middle of these 3 open areas, there is a master bedroom and a family area.

Find it rather unique but not sure if it is practical.

roof-1.jpg

Edited by Misc100

Hi,

Can anyone comment on this type of rooftop of a penthouse? The rooftop total area is about 1000-1100 sq ft.

The open area has 3 parts (they are circled) and in the middle of these 3 open areas, there is a master bedroom and a family area.

Find it rather unique but not sure if it is practical.

roof-1.jpg

I think it's quite nice, but you might have a slight headache trying to decide what to do with each of the open areas (e.g. leave it tiled, use wood decking etc). But I think it'll be very nice and cosy if you do it up properly and can help to keep your master bedroom cool and give you privacy too.

I would think the largest open part that you have on the roof would be able to accomodate a party of 10 pax at the most. So if you are not planning on having huge gatherings on your rooftop, should be ok.

You might also need to manage the insects coming into your master room once you put plants up there, coz there are 3 doors that lead outside to the open parts.

Am staying in one now. Personally I dont quite like gardening, thats why i choose a penthouse with no open roof terrace. so i have 2 bedrooms on top instead.

yes, privacy is great as no one above u jumping up and down.

Am staying in one now. Personally I dont quite like gardening, thats why i choose a penthouse with no open roof terrace. so i have 2 bedrooms on top instead.

yes, privacy is great as no one above u jumping up and down.

oh...did not know that there are penthouses without open roof terraces..

btw, the chance of someone (probably kids) jumping up and down on top is really quite rare

Hi, has anyone done roof terrace reno for penthouse unit at Southaven 2? Or do you have any ID or architect to recommend? Please, thank you.

There are actually many offered high-ends houses across the globe such as in America, Canada, and Australia and in the Asian region. Some of the best properties I discovered online include the <removed> with remarkable features.