Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
etoh77

Yamaha Soundbar

hi, anyone has purchased/using this Yamaha Soundbar YHT-S400? May i have your feedback? And which place is selling the best price for it?

Am considering this soundbar for my new place, cos of lesser wirings compared to the usual home theatre system.

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi, anyone has purchased/using this Yamaha Soundbar YHT-S400? May i have your feedback? And which place is selling the best price for it?

Am considering this soundbar for my new place, cos of lesser wirings compared to the usual home theatre system.

Thanks!

yamaha soundbar is overpriced in my opinion...i got the philips soundbar instead...btw later someone will post u a reply and condemn soundbar then he will recommend you surrond sound amplifier....u just watch this space..trust me.. :dancingqueen:

yamaha soundbar is overpriced in my opinion...i got the philips soundbar instead...btw later someone will post u a reply and condemn soundbar then he will recommend you surrond sound amplifier....u just watch this space..trust me.. :dancingqueen:

i shall indulge you.. sound bar is crap... buy 9.2 surround sound system lah.. :dancingqueen:

he told you so...

hey guys,

initially a bought a philips soundbar then i was surprised when the subwoofer have to be connected to the soundbar by a wire, sales person told me is is wireless.

Ended up i went back to swap for an LG soundbar which has no wires to the sub. :P

hts9140_98__ff_.jpg

lg-blu-ray-soundbar-hlx55w-large.jpg

hey guys,

initially a bought a philips soundbar then i was surprised when the subwoofer have to be connected to the soundbar by a wire, sales person told me is is wireless.

Ended up i went back to swap for an LG soundbar which has no wires to the sub. :P

hts9140_98__ff_.jpg

lg-blu-ray-soundbar-hlx55w-large.jpg

Hi guys - no offense but when it comes to the soundbar, Yamaha is way better than the others. Philips is good but Yamaha is better. If you are an audiophile and are highly sensitive to sound quality, Yamaha is the way to go. Otherwise feel free to go with the Philips. The LG one (at least the model I checked about a year ago) was not as good as the other 2. So, in terms of sound quality, Yamaha > Philips > LG.

If you are going to connect the subwoofer to the soundbar with wires in any case, you may also consider a 5.1 system with 2 rear wireless surround spearkers. The 3 speakers in the front connected with wires.

Actually you can check cnet for reviews ;)

I feel that different user perceive different needs, thus if TS think that soundbar is sufficent and sound good to his ear, that would be justifiable for him to get a soundbar. Of course, the $$ and asethetics factor play a huge role is deciding our needs...

hey guys,

any idea if the subwoofer wire is long enough to be placed on the floor if the soundbar is wall hung?

cheers~!

i went down to courts looking for soundbars. after the salesguy played movies, concerts and music, i was sold into getting the Yamaha. havent bought it yet coz house not ready and its not an impt item to have, yet. TBH it is kinda exp. :bangwall:

tested the rest, but there seem to be something missing in the audio. maybe its just me.

besides, i dun wan to complicate things with 5.1 speakers, wire and space.

if you havent tested it, i suggest go to any best denki, harvey norman or courts to listen to the sound.

Edited by zullin

Unless you have really well-trained ears, you will be hard pressed to tell the difference anyway.

Don't be pressured by audiophiles, just buy whatever that suits your budget and purposes.

Unless you have really well-trained ears, you will be hard pressed to tell the difference anyway.

Don't be pressured by audiophiles, just buy whatever that suits your budget and purposes.

i agreed~! my ears not that super sharp to tell between soundbars from different brands....

I own a ysp4000 bought like 2 years back. I use it for my MBR.

If you are shopping for a sound bar, please take note that it need walls to reflect the surround sound to where you are sitting. It is ideal if you are in a square room with 4 walls surrounding you but if you are thinking of putting it in the living room, seriously it sounds like crap. The space of a living room is too big for the sound to reflect. You are better off with a basic 5.1.